Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Sarge;1840526 said:
That's right. He owns the copyright on this type of tackling and he needs to get his head out of his @$$ about it. He got away with it for a long time and now he needs to learn that he CAN'T do it. You can really hurt someone tackling him that way, thus the new rule.

Roy deserves what he has coming to him on this one. If anyone should know you can't tackle like that - it's Roy.

It's amazing how people have been tackling by the horsecollar for years and years, and yet Roy was the only one who could really hurt someone tackling that way.

Or perhaps, he just hurt a megastar that could have cost the team a SB chance and victory. Wait...I forgot. McNabb did that.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1841050 said:
It's amazing how people have been tackling by the horsecollar for years and years, and yet Roy was the only one who could really hurt someone tackling that way.

Really? I'd REALLY like to see, or even hear your examples of "people" that "have been tackling by the horsecollar for years and years".

Better yet, show me the "people" that have been doing it "for years and years", that have broken multiple bones in the same season.

Even better YET, show me the "people" that are BLATANTLY continuing to do it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Roy Williams, megastar?...About the only Star for Roy is the one on his helmet...Guy is overrrrrated and apparently dumb as a box of rocks.

Suspension, big surprise...What's the over/under on how many quarters before Roy does the Horsecollar again?...Idiot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1841366 said:
Really? I'd REALLY like to see, or even hear your examples of "people" that "have been tackling by the horsecollar for years and years".

Better yet, show me the "people" that have been doing it "for years and years", that have broken multiple bones in the same season.

so ROy invented the horse-collar?:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Or perhaps, he just hurt a megastar that could have cost the team a SB chance and victory. Wait...I forgot. McNabb did that.

FCBarca;1841371 said:
Roy Williams, megastar?

Hi. I'm the English language. Have we met?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1841366 said:

Sorry, I don't have videos stacked up over years and years of the NFL of people committing non-penalties. If you think people never horse-collared people in 50+ years of the NFL, you're fooling yourself.

As far as people blatantly doing it, the penalty is called on others besides Williams.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

I don't think the problem is him grabbing the horse-collar area and pulling them down, but grabbing it, throwing his entire body into the back of the players knees while pulling their kneck back is a dangerous technique.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Clove;1841530 said:
I don't think the problem is him grabbing the horse-collar area and pulling them down, but grabbing it, throwing his entire body into the back of the players knees while pulling their kneck back is a dangerous technique.

Well then shouldn't the rule be about that rather than the horse collar?

Roy didn't fall on McNabb's legs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
peplaw06;1841536 said:
Well then shouldn't the rule be about that rather than the horse collar?

Roy didn't fall on McNabb's legs.
The NFL just doesn't want to take a chance at all, so they're saying don't pull anyone down by it.. It's simple, just follow the rule.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...Mike Singletary's hit on Troy Aikman?

Mike blitzed up the middle with at least a 10 yard run at Troy and just as Troy released the ball Singletary came up leading with his elbow and caught Troy under the chin.

It split Troy's chin wide open and he later stated in the media he could stick his tongue through the opening. It was also the first serious concussion he would take in the NFL.

They made a rule about headshots to QBs inside the pocket after Cowboys fans witness the sight of Aikman trying to get up off the turf. It was obvious to me that Singletary was attempting to end it once and for all for Troy.

The Cowboys were leading at the time and the once vaunted Bear defence was shell of itself in the face of these new young up and comers. I don't care what team you cheer for it was terrible to see and think that it was sportsmanship.

I believe three years later Wilbur Marshall (with the Cardinals??) put another vicious helmet to helmet blow to Aikman outside of the pocket leaving him twitching on the carpet. That led to the competition committee extending the protection of the QB to outside the pocket.

Eventually it would extend to all players.

There seems to be alot of reminiscing about the good ole days and how we should just let them play football.

I don't think this is your dad's/grandpa's version of the NFL anymore. Players are faster, stronger, but the field hasn't gotten any bigger.

If the rules don't control the activity inside the gridiron there won't be anyone left standing to play as the ball carrier.

Tobal

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1840756 said:
Honestly? Yea, in a sense I do. He KNOWS he's being watched. He KNOWS he's a target. Yet he CONTINUES to do it, and yesterday was about as BLATANT AS IT'S GOTTEN.

It happened right in front of me, I just happened to have my binoculars on the ballcarrier, following the play. Roy came into my sight-line when he was still 5 yards back in pursuit.

He came at an angle from the side more than directly from the rear. He could just as easily wrapped the runner up around the waist or ankles.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he made a conscious decision to collar the McNabb, and that is unacceptable.

So in your estimation he did it with the purpose of injuring McNabb? I want to clarify this.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Clove;1841574 said:
The NFL just doesn't want to take a chance at all, so they're saying don't pull anyone down by it.. It's simple, just follow the rule.

Didnt you hear?.... its like asking someone who writes right handed to start writing left handed :laugh2: