Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bysbox1;1838028 said:
The problem Roy has is he has been tackling this way for so long that sometimes he does it out of second nature. He tackled this way when he was at Oklahoma..

That's right. He owns the copyright on this type of tackling and he needs to get his head out of his @$$ about it. He got away with it for a long time and now he needs to learn that he CAN'T do it. You can really hurt someone tackling him that way, thus the new rule.

Roy deserves what he has coming to him on this one. If anyone should know you can't tackle like that - it's Roy.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
The NFL should force teams to place a sign on the back of all jerseys that reads, STOP ROY!

khiladi

Reaction score
peplaw06;1840378 said:
You're right... the only time I see an NFL jersey on MTV is in a hip-hop video. Ergo, the only way the NFL makes money is by that exposure on MTV, and middle aged white guys contribute nothing to the billions of dollars in revenue the league brings in.

I'm not the one that said:

What do these rules have to do with the almighty dollar? Other than the fact that the NFL makes its money off of middle aged white guys...

You did... the revenue the NFL generates is from a pretty diverse market...

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Sarge;1840526 said:
That's right. He owns the copyright on this type of tackling and he needs to get his head out of his @$$ about it. He got away with it for a long time and now he needs to learn that he CAN'T do it. You can really hurt someone tackling him that way, thus the new rule.

Roy deserves what he has coming to him on this one. If anyone should know you can't tackle like that - it's Roy.

Bottom line, Williams is a dirty player w/ very little other redeaming qualities other than he can deliver a de-cleating hit better than most.

Tony Casillas, a fellow Sooner I might add, called him out last night on a local sportscast, saying essentially, "You have to be pretty stupid to continually and blatantly break a rule that was named for YOU!"

I'm ready for the guy to be gone. He contributes next to nothing at this point.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1840575 said:
Tony Casillas, a fellow Sooner I might add, called him out last night on a local sportscast, saying essentially, "You have to be pretty stupid to continually and blatantly break a rule that was named for YOU!"

Harsh, but true.

FCBarca

Reaction score

I'm ready for the guy to be gone. He contributes next to nothing at this point.

:hammer:

khiladi

Reaction score
Roy gets fined major moola for his violations. If he continues to do it, it will hurt him more than it hurts anybody else.

It is obvious that it is a pretty ingrained habit that he has been doing for a long time.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
khiladi;1840602 said:
Roy gets fined major moola for his violations. If he continues to do it, it will hurt him more than it hurts anybody else.

It is obvious that it is a pretty ingrained habit that he has been doing for a long time.

Ya - it hurts Roy...Ya it hurts his wallet and sometimes it even hurts the player being tackled.

Selfishly speaking, it hurts the team and IT HAS TO STOP. It's not impressive. Tackle the right way like you're getting paid to do.

superpunk

Reaction score
Bottom line, Williams is a dirty player w/ very little other redeaming qualities other than he can deliver a de-cleating hit better than most.

He contributes next to nothing at this point.

I can't tell you how close I am to believing this, or how sad that makes me.

While I do value the dimension he brings in run defense out of our nickel package, that's only the tip of what I expect from Roy. It feels to me like he's taken a steady fall into mediocrity, and also like there's nothing he can do to reverse the trend, and it's tearing me up.

Get better, Roy. :(

Tobal

Reaction score
it's his reaction, you honeslty think he says to himself, "I'm going to yank him down in hopes of hurting him"?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tobal;1840655 said:
...you honeslty think he says to himself, "I'm going to yank him down in hopes of hurting him"?

That's irrelevant.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sarge;1840626 said:
Ya - it hurts Roy...Ya it hurts his wallet and sometimes it even hurts the player being tackled.

Selfishly speaking, it hurts the team and IT HAS TO STOP. It's not impressive. Tackle the right way like you're getting paid to do.

The point is that he will eventually have to stop. All the money that Jerry paid him will be going right back into the NFL for his style of play if he continues.

If your not going to stop because of that much cash, how are you going to stop?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Dirty player, man that is a pretty strong term.

After all of the fines and penalties, that may be his reputation at this point.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
khiladi;1840663 said:
The point is that he will eventually have to stop.

Eventually nothing. It has to stop now. I can just hear this place when we're playing the Pats in the Super Bowl up by 6 with 1 minute left and the they have a 4th and 15 to go and good ol' Roy horsecollars someone and we lose.

Bottom line - it's illegal as spearing - STOP IT. No excuses - stop it. It wasn't impressive to begin with. End it before it cost more injuries and costs the team.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Tobal;1840655 said:
it's his reaction, you honeslty think he says to himself, "I'm going to yank him down in hopes of hurting him"?

Honestly? Yea, in a sense I do. He KNOWS he's being watched. He KNOWS he's a target. Yet he CONTINUES to do it, and yesterday was about as BLATANT AS IT'S GOTTEN.

It happened right in front of me, I just happened to have my binoculars on the ballcarrier, following the play. Roy came into my sight-line when he was still 5 yards back in pursuit.

He came at an angle from the side more than directly from the rear. He could just as easily wrapped the runner up around the waist or ankles.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he made a conscious decision to collar the McNabb, and that is unacceptable.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
What was kindof funny is after the tackle all you saw was yellow raining in from every direction. Would have been a perfect ”wanna get away?” commercial. lol

FCBarca

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1840756 said:
Honestly? Yea, in a sense I do. He KNOWS he's being watched. He KNOWS he's a target. Yet he CONTINUES to do it, and yesterday was about as BLATANT AS IT'S GOTTEN.

It happened right in front of me, I just happened to have my binoculars on the ballcarrier, following the play. Roy came into my sight-line when he was still 5 yards back in pursuit.

He came at an angle from the side more than directly from the rear. He could just as easily wrapped the runner up around the waist or ankles.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind he made a conscious decision to collar the McNabb, and that is unacceptable.

Well said...I was watching the game with two other friends who are Cowboy fans, as well...You could see it develop and before we could even utter 'Don't horsecollar him', you could see him reach right for the top of his uniform...Astonishing really.

Yet, his incredulous response to the flag by the official right there on the spot was nauseating...Makes you wonder, is this guy playing with a full deck?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
khiladi;1840562 said:
I'm not the one that said:

You did... the revenue the NFL generates is from a pretty diverse market...
Yoda.sized.jpg

Ahhh.... Strong the detection of sarcasm is in the young Padawan.