Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

superpunk

Reaction score
burmafrd;1840057 said:
Super, you are so off the mark its not even funny. Not about the NFL getting PC- but the why of it. Race has nothing to do with it.

You're right. It's only "thugs" they can't abide.

chadjohnsonpic.jpg
lulz...

heavyg;1840062 said:
While I agree with you about the NFL going overboard with the new rules. What exactely does the above statement have to do with it?

Beats me. I'm just spit-balling here.

aikemirv

Reaction score
superpunk;1840046 said:
The NFL fined Brandon Marshall 15,000 for throwing snow into the air after a celebration.

They've not only made the sport more effeminate, but they've attempted to remove all personality and creativity from their players because the majority of their white, protestant, middle-aged fan-base cannot stand to see young black men showing off for the cameras.
But bravo, NFL rules peoples....I'm loving seeing people flagged for spiking the ball after a play...unless the spike traveled backwards. Maybe next they can regulate interior blocking because we wouldn't want our offensive linemen to have their legs rolled up on.

The NFL of the future.

CowboysvsSteelers.jpg

Completely dehumanized and injury-free. What's not to like?

What part of your above quote has anything to do with football. All that has to do with is what is done after the play - not the game.

And balck or white a showoff is a showoff! Look at me, look at me!!!

"I made a tackle"

"I got a sack"

" I scored a TD"

Whooptee freaking doo!!!!!!!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I agree, the fines and penalties don't seem to be getting through to Roy Williams.

The NFL is in the business of protecting its star players. I think it also has to do with the fact that the Horse Collar is being made while the runner is running up field and the defender is behind him. Therefore the runner doesn't have a way to protect himself.

I wonder if the Cut Block is still legal because it is mostly linemen and linebackers who are affected by it.

All of which play on the defensive side of the ball. The NFL seems to have made it a point to limit that side of the ball.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
superpunk;1840046 said:
They've not only made the sport more effeminate, but they've attempted to remove all personality and creativity from their players because the majority of their white, protestant, middle-aged fan-base cannot stand to see young black men showing off for the cameras.

Very interesting take.

I have heard this point made in regards to the NBA, but never the NFL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys822;1840045 said:
How about you let him tackle you a few times like that and maybe you will break a leg or two. Then we will see if you still disagree with the rule.
I still would.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather be tackled that way or chop blocked? You personally.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i vote horsecollared. id rather sprain/break an ankle then lose my knee again

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Hostile;1840100 said:
I still would.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather be tackled that way or chop blocked? You personally.

...I have been ranting about the Broncos line for the past two years on this forum.

The only reason I can think of why it hasn't overruled is that the NFLPA has piped in and said there is a large portion of their membership who would be out of a job if this happened.

All I can remember is Lett's quote that when you played the Broncos as d-lineman you had to be quick to jump straight up to save your knees.

Who can forget that nasty hit that Erik Williams put on the Packers John Jurkovic as he dove and chop blocked his ankle. I can still see his scream in pain.

We don't need that anymore.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1840078 said:
Very interesting take.

I have, but only in private conversation.

superpunk

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1840078 said:
Very interesting take.

Both leagues know which side their bread is buttered on. In simple terms, my feeling is if their constituency (or what they believe to be their constituency) wanted more grills, creative end zone celebrations and flair from young black millionaires, their constituency would by golly get what they want.

When Steve Young does it, it's hilarious. Maybe that's cuz guys like me and Steve, we got no rhythm, but we "ball out of control" anyway. :) But when random corn-rowed athlete does it....people find it distasteful.

And thus, 15,000 dollar fines for throwing snow in the air were borne. Meanwhile, I'm convinced that Tom Brady could kick the defensive lineman that had just been tackled to the ground in front of him in the groin, and not even draw a flag. That's just Tom being Tom. Never mind that he's out there spreading his seed like Shawn Kemp. :D He's adorable.

heavyg

Reaction score
superpunk;1840149 said:
Both leagues know which side their bread is buttered on. In simple terms, my feeling is if their constituency (or what they believe to be their constituency) wanted more grills, creative end zone celebrations and flair from young black millionaires, their constituency would by golly get what they want.

When Steve Young does it, it's hilarious. Maybe that's cuz guys like me and Steve, we got no rhythm, but we "ball out of control" anyway. :) But when random corn-rowed athlete does it....people find it distasteful.

And thus, 15,000 dollar fines for throwing snow in the air were borne. Meanwhile, I'm convinced that Tom Brady could kick the defensive lineman that had just been tackled to the ground in front of him in the groin, and not even draw a flag. That's just Tom being Tom. Never mind that he's out there spreading his seed like Shawn Kemp. :D He's adorable.

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
davidyee;1840129 said:
...I have been ranting about the Broncos line for the past two years on this forum.

The only reason I can think of why it hasn't overruled is that the NFLPA has piped in and said there is a large portion of their membership who would be out of a job if this happened.

All I can remember is Lett's quote that when you played the Broncos as d-lineman you had to be quick to jump straight up to save your knees.

Who can forget that nasty hit that Erik Williams put on the Packers John Jurkovic as he dove and chop blocked his ankle. I can still see his scream in pain.

We don't need that anymore.
Exactly David.

superpunk

Reaction score
heavyg;1840156 said:

Hey - I'm not 100% on this. It's something I'm annoyed with, and I have a hypothesis as to the root cause. I'm open to other suggestions. ;)

heavyg

Reaction score
superpunk;1840170 said:
Hey - I'm not 100% on this. It's something I'm annoyed with, and I have a hypothesis as to the root cause. I'm open to other suggestions. ;)

I dont think it has to do with the color of the players skin at all. I think it all boils down the the all mighty dollar. They are protecting their superstar players. And in doing so they are dulling down the NFL turning it into the No Fun League. I sorta understand protecting the players. But rules like the new spiking the ball rule and the anti-celebration rules are getting out of hand.

aikemirv

Reaction score
superpunk;1840149 said:

Hey SP, how many owners are old school. I would bet it would be 70-80%. They did not jump up and down and strike a pose everytime they did something right. Are you saying that old school is wrong. Was their football less entertaining?

So , somehow you think that it is 40 years later and it is OK to showboat and draw all the attention to yourself and that is the entertainment football fans are looking for.

Just because we have gone to an "all about me society" does not mean that is right. Thankfully the NFL owners don't see it that way!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heavyg;1840176 said:
I dont think it has to do with the color of the players skin at all. I think it all boils down the the all mighty dollar. They are protecting their superstar players. And in doing so they are dulling down the NFL turning it into the No Fun League. I sorta understand protecting the players. But rules like the new spiking the ball rule and the anti-celebration rules are getting out of hand.

Clearly, they're targeting a wider demographic. More women on the sidelines. Entertainers in the booth. Graphics and digitally-imposed lines all over the field for people who don't understand the game or have a sense of how far 10 yards are even when yard markers are painted all over the field. Pop-music/NFL crossovers. Thursday night games.

It's obvious what they're doing, and why. To do it, they want a more homogenous product. Whether that results in chatroom conversations about indirect racism isn't the fundamental issue. I know I feel better about the game, though, without all that dangerous snow being thrown in the air, and I'm glad that middle-aged diabetics have to pay hundred-thousand dollar fines and miss work for taking performance enhancing drugs to enhance their errections.

What's that you say? Our Coach of the Year probably cheated in at least three Superbowls? I hadn't heard. I did hear that TO is going to be on an episode of Desperate Housewives, or something.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
heavyg;1840176 said:
What do these rules have to do with the almighty dollar? Other than the fact that the NFL makes its money off of middle aged white guys...

khiladi

Reaction score
peplaw06;1840334 said:
What do these rules have to do with the almighty dollar? Other than the fact that the NFL makes its money off of middle aged white guys...

How often do you see white rock stars wearing NFL football jerseys in their video? You do understand how football jerseys are a key staple of the hip hop market.

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;1840361 said:
How often do you see white rock stars wearing NFL football jerseys in their video? You do understand how football jerseys are a key staple of the hip hop market.

Advertising >>>>>>> merchandising.

My economics are impregnable.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
khiladi;1840361 said:
You're right... the only time I see an NFL jersey on MTV is in a hip-hop video. Ergo, the only way the NFL makes money is by that exposure on MTV, and middle aged white guys contribute nothing to the billions of dollars in revenue the league brings in.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
peplaw06;1840378 said:
You're right... the only time I see an NFL jersey on MTV is in a hip-hop video. Ergo, the only way the NFL makes money is by that exposure on MTV, and middle aged white guys contribute nothing to the billions of dollars in revenue the league brings in.

James Carter: Lee, let me introduce you to Carter's new theory of criminal investigation: follow the rich white man.
Lee: Follow the rich white man?
James Carter: Behind every big crime there's a rich white man waiting for his cut.

Rush Hour 2