Roy Williams Has Plantar fasciitis?...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2474013 said:
Brad and Babe mentioned this yesterday during the game.

Yep the great kristie scales had it on the pregame yesterday and they talked about it right off the bat on the broadcast.

I have mentioned it a number of times and no one has picked up on it.

I really believe you are being robbed not listening to the cowboys radio broadcast during the game. Compared to the tv coverage it is twice as informative and simply does not have an agenda.

Boysboy

Reaction score
bootsy;2474042 said:
It also depends on the Lions and how those draft picks turn out.

Jerry would have drafted a receiver in the 1st round anyways.

With that being said-Roy11 is well in his prime, and will be a Cowboy for a good, long while.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2474036 said:
If he doesn't produce anything over the next two years then, yes, they will have got the better end of the deal. Anyone deciding the value of this deal passed off a half of a season is an idiot.

Dude, Roy Williams is sooooooooo overrated it's amazing. You must be a Texas fan and have blinders on.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Romo has to look William's way more often. It wasn't a big deal in the three prior games (all wins), but the Pitt game is where it started to hurt some. Three really good defenses are coming up, so he needs to spread it out a little more.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2474049 said:
Jerry would have drafted a receiver in the 1st round anyways.

With that being said-Roy11 is well in his prime, and will be a Cowboy for a good, long while.

Roy Williams had one good year of football when he went to the ProBowl. Big deal! He is inconsistant and injury proned.

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2474045 said:
It can be painful, but it can be streched out pretty easily. It's basically a strain of the tendon that goes from the front of the heel to the back of the toes.

Ask Newman!

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474056 said:
Roy Williams had one good year of football when he went to the ProBowl. Big deal! He is inconsistant and injury proned.
I guess you would rather have Patrick Crayton catching balls opposite TO.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474035 said:
Bad move because he is overrated by Texas fans. Bad move because it cost us three draft picks. Bad move because we paid big money for an overrated player. Do I need to go on?

Yes, you do need to go on. You need to explain your reasoning. And while you're at it, I would be greatly appreciative if you would divulge your time travel secrets--a prospect that has confounded scientists for decades.

After all, there's only way you could possibly offer a reasonable assessment of the Roy Williams trade: You've gone forward in time two or three years.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
theebs;2474047 said:
Yep the great kristie scales had it on the pregame yesterday and they talked about it right off the bat on the broadcast.

I have mentioned it a number of times and no one has picked up on it.

I really believe you are being robbed not listening to the cowboys radio broadcast during the game. Compared to the tv coverage it is twice as informative and simply does not have an agenda.

I agree, but I can only get it delayed via the internet. :eek::

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
doesn't every one have a plantar fasciitis?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I believe I'm on the record for approving of the Roy trade for its long-term benefits, believing that it was not a panic move because we got a guy that can be a pillar of our offense for years to come, and not some quick fix that was going to come in and be good for a one or two-year window.

With that said, I also said when we got him, and before we got him, that I questioned the sort of immediate impact he'd make. For one, Romo is a rhythmic quarterback and he'll need an offseason with Roy to get comfortable. Secondly, we weren't a receiver away, and another wideout was only going to help so much. I think we've seen that.

He's a good player and makes me feel better about the post-TO days. I'm hopeful Jerry traded him more for future ramifications than present ones, because he's a fool if he thought Roy would come in and be the one difference. How often do wide receivers do that, midseason much less? That's why in my mind this was never a panic move; it would have been so stupid if it were, that I refuse to believe it was.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474056 said:

Injury prone, eh?

How so?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've had plantar fasciatis (or however you spell it!) and the toughest thing to do was getting out of bed.

Once it's warmed up it really doesn't affect you.

It's when you're off your feet for a while that you feel the pain.

As long as he stays active on the sidelines when he's not playing, he should be OK.

aikemirv

Reaction score
stasheroo;2474101 said:
I've had plantar fasciatis (or however you spell it!) and the toughest thing to do was getting out of bed.

Once it's warmed up it really doesn't affect you.

It's when you're off your feet for a while that you feel the pain.

As long as he stays active on the sidelines when he's not playing, he should be OK.

That is my opinion of it too. The hardest part was making it to the shower every morning or in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

After that - no big deal

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2473989 said:
Wade suggested in his presser that Roy Williams may have plantar fasciitis. If that is the case, he could be hobbled for the rest of the season, this injury tends to linger.

Man, I had this for 10 months....hurts like heck but manageable .....I played R-ball everyday.

About 2 months ago, I went to a Dr. at the VA Hosp in San Antonio and she game me one shot in each heel of a Steriod.....It hurt like heck, however I walked out of that office without pain and been pain free every since.

He should go visit my Doctor.......it works......promise:star:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2474035 said:
Bad move because he is overrated by Texas fans. Bad move because it cost us three draft picks. Bad move because we paid big money for an overrated player. Do I need to go on?
You realize not every Cowboys fan is a UT fan. Just saying. And the biggest Roy homer on this board (Hos) is an Arizona fan...or at least Pac-10.

Get it str8.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Roy Willimas doesn't have Plantar fasciitis; he has Jason Garretitis. It's a nagging injury that can prevent any top-flight WR from being a part of the offensive game plan, no matter how wide-open he is.

Jay

Reaction score
Anyone suggesting we could have just waited until the offseason is pretty dumb as well. The Lions would have definitely slapped the franchise tag on him, because they know that someone would give up a 1st and 3rd for him.

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2474189 said:
You realize not every Cowboys fan is a UT fan. Just saying. And the biggest Roy homer on this board (Hos) is an Arizona fan...or at least Pac-10.

Get it str8.
"Dude, Roy Williams is sooooooooo overrated it's amazing. You must be a Texas fan and have blinders on."

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I have had this same thing and I don't see it affecting him in games. Basically it affects you most when you get out of bed in the morning. You step on it and it feels like you can't walk. Once you get going it usually stops hurting so bad. There is also an insert that you can get for a shoe that makes a huge difference and stretching you can do. My guess is that it is just a thing he will have to work through