Roy Williams

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
WG5516;2263086 said:
And that sums up everything. I didn't realize he was out of the game until someone on here said that they saw him in a cast. I won't bash him, but besides the special teams play I haven't noticed him at all this year.
isn't that a good thing too?

wouldn't that mean hes not getting picked on?

WG5516

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2262464 said:
i hate to sound like Wade Phillips and Brian Stewart here, but Roy did have over 100 tackles last year..

and he has been very active and aggressive so far this season and all the preseason.. he seems to have that spark back.. he seems to be popping people when he hits again.. all i was saying was that even when he's not making the tackle, which he does a lot, he's always at least making a hit, slowing someone down for someone else, finishing someone off, etc..

You will have 100 + tackles every season when you're not making any defensive stops. Meaning no pass deflections, forced fumbles or INTs. Granted he did have 3 INTs I believe last year, but his game changing plays are no longer here.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I happen to agree with brown that with williams gone for a month he may never get a starting job here again. And he went into detail about how the team and jerry will be very politically correct in explaining why williams is on the bench, aka the term packages and sets being thrown around.

Heard Jerry on WOAI this morning and he gave a politically correct answer about how he doesn't think they're going to miss Roy too much because it's the position they could most afford an injury, and he said they're thinking about moving Anthony Henry to FS full time. I don't think they would shuffle the deck like that in the secondary unless they had something permament in mind.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2262729 said:
He told the sideline reporter the same thing during the half...that the D was not that bad. Kind of hard to brush that off after that scorefest in the first.

Yep, and Jaws was like, "I don't know what game he was watching".

Philly did move the ball on us pretty easily, we just held them to field goals and eventually stopped them when it mattered.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Idgit;2262409 said:
Secretly, theebs and Inman know that play wasn't on Roy. They're saying otherwise right now, but it's just poster-speak.

Include Larry Brown in the conspiracy ... think he might know something about NFL coverage schemes?

Some of you guys were defending him and refusing to believe the obvious even as he was getting his playing time taken away by the coaches last year. You act like it's just an every day, common thing for a supposed "Pro Bowl" safety to stand on the sidelines during the most critical downs. And you're accusing others of poster speak?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2261744 said:
it was a zone

PacMan passed DeSean off to Roy

one guy is running forward in a 4.2 40, the other, probably a 4.5, backpeddling

who do you think is going to win that matchup?

I know Roy gets beat, but everyone wants to blame everything on him

Because it's an easy target.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Vintage;2262288 said:
Woohoo! Roy is out.

That means Mr. "I can't even beat out Keith Davis because I suck so bad" Watkins takes the place!

(thank god brady is injured)

Mr. "I can't even beat out Keith Davis because I suck so bad" Watkins already replaces Roy on 50% of the snaps.

MrMom

Reaction score
Vintage;2262288 said:
Woohoo! Roy is out.

That means Mr. "I can't even beat out Keith Davis because I suck so bad" Watkins takes the place!

Championship!

(thank god brady is injured)

Players don't progress anymore in the NFL?

Don't be a newb.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2263196 said:
Include Larry Brown in the conspiracy ... think he might know something about NFL coverage schemes?

Some of you guys were defending him and refusing to believe the obvious even as he was getting his playing time taken away by the coaches last year. You act like it's just an every day, common thing for a supposed "Pro Bowl" safety to stand on the sidelines during the most critical downs. And you're accusing others of poster speak?

I don't really think you guys are engaging in poster-speak. It's just I thought in this thread we were pretending people mean the opposite of, you know, what they explicitly say, so I got confused.

This dispute really has little to do with Roy Williams. I only saw the tail end of the play live anyway, and I have no idea what the coverage responsibility actually was. I just happen to think it's *beyond* silly to pretend Wade's lying for no reason about a very specific point that he wasn't even asked about.

People defend Roy when he's criticized unfairly. Things like saying he's a supposed 'pro bowl' safety when there's nothing supposed or quotation-worthy about it. At the same time, we understand that there's a reason why he's lost snaps. I don't know that there's any of us who wouldn't be happy if his replacement comes in, plays better, and the team improves as a result.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They were just saying on Talkin Cowboys that it looks like Roy will be out for about a month.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I saw him bouncing off of eagles the guy can't even hit anymore. were better off without him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rampage;2263585 said:
I saw him bouncing off of eagles the guy can't even hit anymore. were better off without him.

He didn't wrap up on one, where he had a clear shot on the defender, hitting him low and at the waist..

Nightstalker

Reaction score
I am not bashing Roy. One thing he did to kinda upset me was change his number cause now my jersey is kinda no good. :)

But in regards to last night, didnt notice him gone until after game and I we got our two defensive stops at the end of the game without Roy...

Good Guy but something is off...