Roy Williams

Smith22

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2262708 said:
Noticed that Roy got a broken forearm last night and will be out 3-4 weeks.

Now we know they have been pulling him for certain packages but I wonder if they slide Hamlin to his spot and Henry to Hamlin's spot now or if they just put one of the backups in his position now.

Depends on how quickly they want TNew starting again. We have the depth to make the move, assuming TNew is ready to start.

khiladi

Reaction score
Draegerman;2261634 said:
Coach Wade was pretty emphatic about it NOT being Roy's fault on that touchdown in the post game conference.

Wade also said the defense played pretty good in the end...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real1st;2262723 said:
He also said Romo didn't have a interception.

:laugh2: Yes he was off on that post game speech. I think running down the sidelines during the Felix return TD robbed his brain of precious oxygen.:laugh2:

Smith22

Reaction score
khiladi;2262721 said:
Wade also said the defense played pretty good in the end...

Only gave up 7 after the half, and 14 points given up came on the Romo fumble and the Henry BS interference call. So the score is not as bad as it looks.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22;2262727 said:
Only gave up 7 after the half, and 14 points given up came on the Romo fumble and the Henry BS interference call. So the score is not as bad as it looks.

He told the sideline reporter the same thing during the half...that the D was not that bad. Kind of hard to brush that off after that scorefest in the first.

Smith22

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2262729 said:
He told the sideline reporter the same thing during the half...that the D was not that bad. Kind of hard to brush that off after that scorefest in the first.

He knew we were only to give up 7 at halftime? Sweet.:lmao:

Just messing with ya.

khiladi

Reaction score
Smith22;2262727 said:

And the Eagles were dropping plenty of balls... McNabb threw some duds...
They got absolutely no pressure on Mcnabb and ran some vanilla defense.. The defense did jack squat and no amount of statistical gibberish can change this fact..

Smith22

Reaction score
khiladi;2262748 said:
And the Eagles were dropping plenty of balls... McNabb threw some duds...
They got absolutely no pressure on Mcnabb and ran some vanilla defense.. The defense did jack squat and no amount of statistical gibberish can change this fact..

Agreed the Eagles had A LOT of drops. At times we had pressure on Mcnabb, but overall he did have WAY TOO much time. Ellis and Ware also missed a few sacks.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, if your in cover-2, your there to protect against the deep ball. That is what extra safety help is for. Nobody can tell me that Roy wasn't partly to blame, not even Wade.

The fact though is the problem is not our secondary. The problem is the whole defensive philosophy. Wade always talks about how he caters the defense to the players, but it sure as hell doesn't look like it. Our CBs are definitely man-to-man CBs, and we have Pac-man and Mike Jenkins playing 15 yards off. While they are playing-off to keep the CBs in front of the defenders, the Cowboys aren't generating any pressure up front to create turnovers. Teams are simply dinking and dunking on us, and moving the chains, taking up a significant portion of the TOP.

This passive defense doesn't allow this team, especially the secondary, to get an identity.

Givincer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2262729 said:

Yea, but 14 of Philly's points also came off of turnovers. One was a turnover in the endzone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Givincer;2262769 said:
Yea, but 14 of Philly's points also came off of turnovers. One was a turnover in the endzone.

And our last drive came off a botched fumble by McNabb..

ANd McNabb threw some duds and receivers dropped balls.. The only reason we even stopped the Eagles on the last drive is because they didn't have enough time to dink-and-dunk like they were doing the whole game.

sacase

Reaction score
windward;2262538 said:
I actually agree.

Replacing Roy with some combo of Henry/Watkins/Jenkins/whatever doesn't really hint at a drastic, if any, loss of production.

Gee, Three players to replace one. Looks like a loss of production to me.

People just want to hate on RW, facts be damned.

hutru01

Reaction score
ajk23az;2261450 said:
i bet hes out for the year...damn that hurts..

Thats doubtful. A fractured arm is not as serious as a broken arm. If I had to guess I would say 4-6 weeks. At most he will be out 8 weeks.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
sacase;2262792 said:
Gee, Three players to replace one. Looks like a loss of production to me.

People just want to hate on RW, facts be damned.

Stop using logic.....right now :D

rexrobinson

Reaction score
How many deep TD's will it take before some people realize that it IS his fault?

Seriously, how many excuses do we have every time this happens? It's the scheme, it is the coaches fault for putting him in a bad position. The WR was so fast no one could cover him. Or he is actually SO fast that he made up ground and to cover someone elses mistake and did not get there in time.

This sounds like what I read on Extremeskins when they they defend an average player. The rest of the NFL knows the truth, lets finally eat our crow.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Cowboys safety Roy Williams could miss several weeks with a fractured forearm he suffered in the third quarter of Monday night's win against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He returned to the sidelines for the end of the game with his right arm heavily wrapped. Team doctors said Williams would undergo surgery Tuesday morning to implant a plate and screws in the forearm to stabilize the fracture. The procedure is similar to one performed on former Cowboys safety turned cornerback Pete Hunter in 2002. Hunter missed about a month, but could have probably played three weeks after surgery, doctors said. Players tend to be hesitant to tackle coming back from the surgery, fearing re-injury to the arm, they said.

who is betting it takes only a month?

WG5516

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2261569 said:
Roy was out of the game?

I didn't even notice. :laugh1:

And that sums up everything. I didn't realize he was out of the game until someone on here said that they saw him in a cast. I won't bash him, but besides the special teams play I haven't noticed him at all this year.