Rule on arm moving forward

TheHerd

Reaction score
You've never heard of "in the process"? I mean, I guess you guys are youngsters who haven't watched a lot of games. I don't know what else to conclude.

This happens all the time. Most in this thread who are bemoaning the fact that it wasn't called a fumble are merely doing so because of extreme bias. Seriously, how have you and others not seen this before? It's extremely common.
I’m not bemoaning anything, I’ve seen a ton of games, and I agreed with the call. It was an incomplete pass.

I’m trying to open a discussion about the rule itself, because I don’t agree with it nor the tuck rule. Keep up.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Can't argue that. And anything that leaves more judgement calls to the refs is a bad thing.

Agreed but is there is still an application of the empty hand rule? That's the point. I think most of us are fine with the idea that when you go back to release a pass it's a pass - except after it's clearly a pump-fake.

My point is what should be said if Dak gets hit and arm comes forward without the ball and the refs say because his hand was empty is it a fumble recovered by the defense? See if there is any room for that incosistency we will see it before the season ends, hopefull not against us specifically but who knows?