RUMOR: Arrington to sign 6 year deal with Giants

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i think the confusion lies that while the "potential" to have slight improvement to the line is there, the "potential" is it will blow chunks also due to all the change and unknowns.

best case scenario: we have an average to slightly above average line.
worse case: all ?'s fall flat and we have one of the worst in the league.

keep in mind these are just the extremes, but the good extreme isn't GOOD ENOUGH for drew - it never has been, and i doubt he'll suddenly change his methods and adapt to the line vs. the line needing to adapt to him.

if we're really on a superbowl fun are you really comfortable with "oh, the line should be fine if blah blah blah" happens?

great, if it does, it will be fine and above average to a degree. best case.

worst case see most of my threads on the topic. : )
I think you're selling the "good extreme" a little short. We have former pro bowlers in Adams, Rivera, and Fabini, and some young up and comers. We have to give our scouting department SOME credit for wanting to give Kosier $15 mill. He must be worth something or he never would have gotten so much money. The GOOD can be good enough, but like you say, the bad will kill our season. I think the odds are more in favor of the bad than the good, BUT if all goes well, we'll be just fine.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
keep in mind these are just the extremes, but the good extreme isn't GOOD ENOUGH for drew - it never has been

How is that even remotely true? It wasn't the good extreme to start last year, with Rivera hurt and Pettiti needing help from a TE and a back every play to start the year. It wasn't good enough once Flo went down, but until then, it was plenty good enough for Drew. Not for JJ, but it was great for Drew.

billknows

Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
While true, everyone gets off balance at times, I guess I had expected more. This is the guy that is to replace 10 time pro-bowler Larry Allen. I hadn't heard of him, till this free agency period, and I did some reading. He sounds like a good pick. I am a big Lavar fan because no matter what rookie you get, there are rookie mistakes, and Lavar is a proven playmaker. He is prototypical in size and pass rush for an SOLB for the 3-4.

The first time I actually see Kosier on film, Lavar is destroying him. Ouch.

Lavar probably ends up with the Giants. Dallas needs an upgrade at SOLB. I guess I just don't understand the logic of needing a playmaker on D, having the $$$ available, having a player (Arrington or Peterson) available, then putting your hopes in the unknown.

I don't mind them taking the best player in the draft, whatever the position, and putting him behind a great player. You can always cut the high $$$ one later. My problem is that you might bust as well with any player due to many factors. Don't let it be at a position that might cause a major drop in your O or D because you thought you might be able to get a servicable player in the draft.

Free agency is still not over,remember Arron Glenn. Also we need to stay in a position to sign our good players long term ,when thier contracts are up .

apickmans

Reaction score
superpunk said:
That was the third game of his rookie season. Five years ago. I'd wager he's improved a little bit.

Actually that was the end of the 04 season. I remember watching it. Just FYI.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
ljs44 said:
Just reported on DC 980 talk radio. they referenced an article in the Hartford Courant.

6-years???? Sounds like a big time deal.

If after this long that agent gets him a lucrative deal his agent is Super Agent...or the Giants are incredibly stupid.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Well.. I wanted LaVar in Dallas.. I guess we will be seeing him still, twice a year..

tomo817

Reaction score
Oh give me a break with that article!.....An Internet source??....Yeah thats probably one of these scumbag giants fans on one of these board spreading that.....Let's hear a real source already please!