RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know the policy about posting rumors - Sorry if this violates it - But A rumor is flying on GangGreen.com that has Dallas trading the #18 , next years #1 and Drew Henson for the Jets Pick this season.
Take it for what it's worth.
BTW - not one Jets fan wants it.

EndGame

Reaction score
Good God. I sure as hell hope that's just a baseless rumor.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Not to add fuel to this fire, but on the Hansen/Goose draft special, JJ hinted at trading up somewhat coyly, and stated that there were 4 players in this draft that would be change-makers and worth trading up for.

Kinda weird that he mentioned the number 4, and then this rumor shows up.

Is anybody a numerologist?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I can't imagine there would be much to this rumor but if there were, who the heck could we be targeting that high in the draft?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny enough someone posted a thread the other day about what would dallas do to shock us in the draft.

If I recall the majority would be shocked if we traded high up into the draft.

I don't even think that scenario would equal out in points for the Jets, I think jets fans might be wise to not want it.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I can't imagine there would be much to this rumor but if there were, who the heck could we be targeting that high in the draft?

Hawk? Cutler? Ferguson?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

AJ Hawk...

Or Vince Young... I think this is less likely, but if Drew Henson really is part of the trade package, that would indicate the Boys are gonna make some kind of move at QB, and I remember how Jerry all but popped a woody at the Combines, talkin' about the marketing possibilities with Vince...

Of course, that's if there's any substance to this particular message board rumor, which I rather doubt...

Or heck, maybe they're even targeting Michael Huff... but I think if the Boys made that kind of an aggressive move up, Hawk would be the logical target...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
AJ Hawk...

Or Vince Young... I think this is less likely, but if Drew Henson really is part of the trade package, that would indicate the Boys are gonna make some kind of move at QB, and I remember how Jerry all but popped a woody at the Combines, talkin' about the marketing possibilities with Vince...

Or heck, maybe they're even targeting Michael Huff... but I think if the Boys made that kind of an aggressive move up, Hawk would be the logical target...

I agree it would be one of the QBs, and with JJ and promoting it would be Young, then it would be Hawk and Brick.

If they traded all the way up to four to take huff I would drive to valley ranch myself to give Jerry a new face lift via a wedgie.:D

superpunk

Reaction score
If we trade up to get Young, I'll bawl my eyes out, and drink myself into a coma.

Not a bad saturday...

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
EndGame said:
Good God. I sure as hell hope that's just a baseless rumor.
That's about the right price to pay if you want to get up there. I can't imagine why the Cowboys would, unless perhaps they are targeting A.J. Hawk or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Drafting a QB at the top of the first round isn't consistent with everything that Dallas has done this off-season (going for it all in 06-07).

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Canadian BoyzFan said:
The over/under on this threads number of posts.... is 65 posts. I'll take the over!!

98% is the over under that this rumor is complete BS.

I will take the over :D

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
You guys have got to be kidding me! Do you honestly believe we would pick up Owens so we can trade away our veteran QB for a rookie? Give me a break. I know we like to discuss things to the nth degree on this board but there is no way this is going anywhere. Sorry...Drew will be your QB on opening day.