RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I agree it would be one of the QBs, and with JJ and promoting it would be Young, then it would be Hawk and Brick.

If they traded all the way up to four to take huff I would drive to valley ranch myself to give Jerry a new face lift via a wedgie.:D

I'd give JJ a new face lift via a wedge. A pitching wedge.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DrunkWithPower said:
You guys have got to be kidding me! Do you honestly believe we would pick up Owens so we can trade away our veteran QB for a rookie? Give me a break. I know we like to discuss things to the nth degree on this board but there is no way this is going anywhere. Sorry...Drew will be your QB on opening day.

The rumor says nothing about trading our Veteran QB away...unless you think Henson is our Veteran QB.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
Hawk? Cutler? Ferguson?

Hawk or Ferguson, I can see. Cutler would seem to be a bit of a reach at 4 IMO. Who knows. I suppose anything is possible.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage said:
I'd give JJ a new face lift via a wedge. A pitching wedge.

:lmao2: You take the front, I'll take the back.

He will never need another face life in this lifetime. :laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I agree it would be one of the QBs, and with JJ and promoting it would be Young, then it would be Hawk and Brick.

If they traded all the way up to four to take huff I would drive to valley ranch myself to give Jerry a new face lift via a wedgie.:D
If it's true, (and I was the one who started the shock thread :) , and for the record, I don't think it's true but who knows ) then I would think either Hawk, or another trade down to acquire a 3rd or something, and pick up Huff.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DrunkWithPower said:
You guys have got to be kidding me! Do you honestly believe we would pick up Owens so we can trade away our veteran QB for a rookie? Give me a break. I know we like to discuss things to the nth degree on this board but there is no way this is going anywhere. Sorry...Drew will be your QB on opening day.

Re-read the first post.

Drew HENSON, not Bledsoe.

I think we need another Drew here though....Olson sounds good.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
:lmao2: You take the front, I'll take the back.

He will never need another face life in this lifetime. :laugh2:

That, or we'll put him such a stupor that he will trade 2 1sts for Galloway. Again.

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
If it's true, (and I was the one who started the shock thread :) , and for the record, I don't think it's true but who knows ) then I would think either Hawk, or another trade down to acquire a 3rd or something, and pick up Huff.

You don't trade up to 4 for a LB. No matter how talented you think he is. You trade to 4 for a QB, and ONLY a QB, IMO.

Jerruh's not THAT stupid.

I hope.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
You'd only do that for a QB, but Bill loves Bled and JJ loves Drew, so this is pointless.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
That, or we'll put him such a stupor that he will trade 2 1sts for Galloway. Again.

He did have a fantastic year last year. 2nd times a charm.:D

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
You don't trade up to 4 for a LB. No matter how talented you think he is. You trade to 4 for a QB, and ONLY a QB, IMO.

I hope.

You wouldn't trade up for an-LT type player if one was available?

Not saying Hawk is the next LT.

But I disagree with your statement. If you think someone is good enough that trading up is worth it; you do it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
superpunk said:

I hope.
You trade up for difference makers, even if it's pick #1. Plenty of QB busts in the league.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Vince Young

or just trade Greg Ellis, 2nd and 3rd Round for Ed Reed and Draft DE Mario Williams and OLB Manny Lawson ...so our defense would look like this...
FS-----------------------SS
ED REED---------------ROY WILLIAMS
RCB----------------------------LCB
Anthony Henry Terrance Newman
WOLB-----------------WILB--------------SILB----------------SOLB
Demarcus Ware------Akin Adoyle---------Bradie James---Manny Lawson

RDE-----------------------NT-----------------------------LDE
Marcus Spears--------Jason Fergurson-----------------Mario Williams

^BEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
You wouldn't trade up for an-LT type player if one was available?

Not saying Hawk is the next LT.

But I disagree with your statement. If you think someone is good enough that trading up is worth it; you do it.

LT is a once in a lifetime kinda player, and nearly impossible to identify pre-draft.

Let me put it this way - to get that high, we're gonna have to give up picks like there's no tomorrow. Do we really want to trade away 3 possible stars for one possible superstar, who has opportunities to make 10-15 plays per game?

IMO, you only do that for the player who's gonna have the ball in his hand, making plays, every single down. That's the only position worth taking that chance on.

superpunk

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
You trade up for difference makers, even if it's pick #1. Plenty of QB busts in the league.

Not that high. The price is outrageous. If you're gonna pay it, it better be for someone who's gonna impact the game every snap of the ball.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I would that deal in a heart beat but for only ONE player, and that is D'brickashaw Ferguson. I have said all along that IMO he is the only and I mean ONLY player in this draft worth sacrificing next years #1 pick for.

If this deal happens I will be doing hand springs across my living room.