RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
time for me to voice my biased opinion. if dallas somehow moves up and takes vince young, i'm gonna throw a kegger at my place in new york and everyone from the state of texas is invited, and then i'm gonna piss on my roomate's eagles flag. young is the best QB in the draft and whoever passes him up will regret it for all eternity.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
With the likelihood of Lawson, Wimbley or Carpenter still being there at #18 I don't see us trading down for Hawk. I agree that he is a tremendous player and I would love to have him. But we have to ask ourselves; is he that much better than the other three? Maybe...but I don't know if he would have the kind of impact from the SOLB spot that would make him worth that kind of trade.

With having the hip problem and the rest of the DB's being somewhat suspect at FS Huff makes more sense than Hawk IMO.

Ferguson would be a great pick if we had that pick originally but you don't trade up and spend two 1st round picks for an OL. You just don't!

We wouldn't go there for Mario Williams...not with Spears and Canty already on board and Ellis backing them up.

No...IF (Big IF) we made this trade it would be for Vince Young. This is by no means my first choice; I would rather have any of the 4 players discussed above. But with Young's popularity in Texas (the Cowboys are still first and foremost a Texas team) Jerry would have $$$$ dancing in his eyes at the marketing possibilities. If we make this move it will be for Vince Young and it will be a Jerry move.

Parcells won't like it but this is his last year here and we all know it so Jerry is starting to say to hell with what Parcells wants (See the TO deal). Parcells has most of what he wants and he had better win with it because if we don't make the playoffs Jerry will fire his fat ***. If we win it all or if we even get to the Superbowl (win or lose) that will be enough to satisfy Parcells legacy and he will waddle of into the sunset with Drew Bledsoe on his arm. The only way Parcells comes back next year is if we are really close (a close loss in the NFC title game) and he thinks he can get there the next year. Jerry knows all of this and he is making the moves that he thinks will sell...unfortunately for us Jerry is more concerned with selling than with winning.

Sorry…I guess I got a bit off topic here but I was ready for a good rant and it just came out. Oh well…better in a wild rumor thread than in a serious discussion :D

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
From looking at Jerry Jones today we need to keep our eyes open for this trade but I don't think Cowboys will give up this year's 1st round draft choice to trade up because he might want to keep two first round draft choices...