Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
THis is cool....

A thread that is stickied without being skickied. :lmao2:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
TO ALL PEOPLE... This rumor is fake as Anna Nicole boobs...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60756
Don Rogers said:
read about a month ago a small blurb in the middle of useless Draft ranting that said, "dont be surprised if Hawks a Cowboy"... I forget with site is was on but it was by a writer covering the draft... I rolled my eyes and didnt pay it any attention....

Well today i stopped by the Sports Plant in Euclid, Ohio... A few draft hopefulls have been working out there including Ohio State Giard Rob Simms... The Sports Plant is in a chain with other similar facilitys that boast the amount of Draft Hopefulls working out at there facilitys...

The talk of the gym today... The new "star" in Dallas wont be T.O.... It will be AJ Hawk...

The Cowboys im told are RUMORED... Dont kill the messenger...

to be moving into the #4 spot... QB Drew Henson, the #18 pick in 2006, and a 2007 1st Round pick are at the top of this deal... BNot much else was talked about...

Does Parcells see Lawerance Taylor all over again??? How sick would Hawk look in Parcells defense, free to just hunt the QB...

With the addition of T.O. and just enough life left in Bledsoe, could they be going for broke???
^THIS IS THE ORIGINAL MESSANGER... The gang green messanger

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=5078
predator56in103 said:
OK, I was talking to one of my friends who is a HUGE cowboys fan, and he told me of a rumor he saw online. He had the link saved for the message board he read it on, and is looking up the actual article for me, and I will post that as soon as I get it.

Cowboys Trade #18 pick overall in 2006 draft, first round pick in 2007, and QB Drew Henson to Ny Jets for #4 overall in 2006 draft.

message board link -
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=60756

I dont know how I feel about this, but it does give us a few options-

Option 1: Stay at #18 and 29 (Deangelo Williams, Nick Mangold, Manny Lawson, etc...) and stay put with our both picks next year

Option 2: Stay at #18 and 29 (Deangelo Williams, Nick Mangold, Manny Lawson, etc...) Then, trade up with our two first round picks next year in hopes of getting Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn, etc...

Option 3: Trade #18 and 29 (1540 value chart points gets us to between #6 and 7), getting someone like Vince Young, Vernon Davis, etc... and stay put with our two picks next year.

Option 4: Trade #18 and 29 (1540 value chart points gets us to between #6 and 7), getting someone like Vince Young, Vernon Davis, etc... Then, trade up with our two first round picks next year in hopes of getting Adrian Peterson, Brady Quinn, etc...
So it's like somebody came on this board and just put it up out of there head with no real reasonable source....

JETS SUCKS...

I don't mean to spoil the fun... but I could tell anybody I heard this and I heard that...

That's how fake rumors get started because people just want to wake up in the morning and say hey what am I going to make up today?

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
Do you need your hand held? Go to forums and it says it in a BIG FAT POST.
You should be banned for sucking at the internet...

This post definitely required keyboard mop-up.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read!

:lmao2:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
This post definitely required keyboard mop-up.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read!

:lmao2:

Im glad we starting to know this news isn't true in no type of way....:jets: :bravo: :grouphug: :pc:

canters

Reaction score
JJ said after the J. Galloway mess that he would NEVER trade future 1st round picks, so I would say there is a less than 1% chance that this is true.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Im glad we starting to know this news isn't true in no type of way....:jets: :bravo: :grouphug: :pc:

Can the draft please be tomorrow, so we don't have to mess with 4 more days of inane babble about trade rumors??

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
I would that deal in a heart beat but for only ONE player, and that is D'brickashaw Ferguson. I have said all along that IMO he is the only and I mean ONLY player in this draft worth sacrificing next years #1 pick for.

If this deal happens I will be doing hand springs across my living room.

I agree if they are moving up to 4 it has to be for Ferguson. Huff could be had later, there are alot cheaper options at LB and JJ just stated yesterday they arent in the market for a QB this year.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Why in the world would the Jets even do this trade? the point values for their #4 pick requires more than the #18 pick and next year first rounder since its likely so be somewhere in the mid 20's. Doubt they would want Henson when they all ready traded for Ramsey and Ramsey is better than Henson or at least has more experience.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Can the draft please be tomorrow, so we don't have to mess with 4 more days of inane babble about trade rumors??
I'd be all in favor of it. I won't sleep between now and then.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06 said:

Agreed.

Part of my missed designated Dexter Coakley because of all the trade scenarios he was involved in.:D

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Why in the world would the Jets even do this trade? the point values for their #4 pick requires more than the #18 pick and next year first rounder since its likely so be somewhere in the mid 20's. Doubt they would want Henson when they all ready traded for Ramsey and Ramsey is better than Henson or at least has more experience.

:hammer:------------------------------------------:hammer:

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:

good point!!

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
superpunk said:
You don't trade up to 4 for a LB. No matter how talented you think he is. You trade to 4 for a QB, and ONLY a QB, IMO.

Jerruh's not THAT stupid.

I hope.

Exactly Superpunk.

Who knows, we may be eyeing Leinart. Didnt the Jets want Romo last yr?

If we did this, we would need their third too.

That pitching wedge comment has to be one of the funniest things Ive read since posting here.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Exactly Superpunk.
Didnt the Jets want Romo last yr?

I guess to be on the make believe side the Cowboys would or just should trade Romo instead of Henson...

conner01

Reaction score
the whole rumor started on a message board if that gives you an idea of how credible it is