RUMOR: Cowboys - Jets

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I'm constantly amazed at how bogus rumors are constantly bought into...not just here either, its on virtually every message board...there are alot of very gullable people out there

David

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
well maybe the boys are thinking that this year will be a great one and will have a late late first round pick and practically just trading a 2nd rounder, #18, and henson, who then i think we will take a QB cause IMO Romo isnt the answer...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk said:
If we trade up to get Young, I'll bawl my eyes out, and drink myself into a coma.

Not a bad saturday...

'eh, i did it for 5 years - don't bother it's not as fun as you'd think.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
the whole rumor started on a message board if that gives you an idea of how credible it is

Lets start one of our own and put it on their board

Agent40nomiS

Reaction score
If this trade does happen, I dont think the Cowboys would take Michael Huff with the 4th overall. They quite possible could be making a move for either Ferguson or Young. BUT.....what if the Texans took Williams #1, the saints took Ferguson, the Titans took a QB and that would drop Bush to 4, or maybe the alter....Bush 1, Ferguson 2, QB 3, and Williams to the Cowboys at 4. WOW a speed rusher on the line to go along with the speed rusher, Ware, at the second level.......YIKES!!!:star:

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
I don't know the policy about posting rumors - Sorry if this violates it - But A rumor is flying on GangGreen.com that has Dallas trading the #18 , next years #1 and Drew Henson for the Jets Pick this season.
Take it for what it's worth.
BTW - not one Jets fan wants it.

This has the be BS - remember, the Jets want Romo - not Henson :)

Reaction score
This thing is totally true. I know because its not being reported on the Ranch Report

Add this trade with the Roy/Ellis for Reed/Lewis trade, and we're primed for one hell of a season!!!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I don't like that deal at all

I would, however, pull the trigger on a deal consisting of Wolverine, Bledsoe4MVP, and a grilled cheese for the #4 pick. If they really push the deal, I'd be willing to throw in Winiki as well.

:D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If they really push the deal, I'd be willing to throw in Winiki as well.

Cap hit on that would be to painful. If Winichi is part of the deal, I don't think this is a deal that ever gets done.

:cool:

jimmy40

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
I don't know the policy about posting rumors - Sorry if this violates it - But A rumor is flying on GangGreen.com that has Dallas trading the #18 , next years #1 and Drew Henson for the Jets Pick this season.
Take it for what it's worth.
BTW - not one Jets fan wants it.
What's next, someone coming up with some BS like the Jet's would give us a third for Romo?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I don't like that deal at all

I would, however, pull the trigger on a deal consisting of Wolverine, Bledsoe4MVP, and a grilled cheese for the #4 pick. If they really push the deal, I'd be willing to throw in Winiki as well.

I'll throw in HH31 also ;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm not reading a 9 page thread on a rumor - if only because I wasted the equivalent of 1.4 days two years ago with Darren Howard rumors - but my 2 cents on the subject:

With the defensive value at number 18 - there is not a defensive player in this draft worth giving up next year's first and Drew Henson.

This move only happens if there is an offensive player the Boys covet.

doomsday81

Reaction score
I don't think this has a chance of happening but some of you saying they won't trade that high for a QB because they want to win now aren't making much sense. If you look at all the teams in the NFL, Dallas is already good enough to win now. Heck, they proved that last year by physically dominating the Panthers, Seahawks and Broncos - with two of those games being on the road. I know they went 1-2 in those games but I thought they were the better team on the field in all three of those games and those three teams played in their conference championship games. What I'm saying is, if you look at the NFL, Dallas is as good as anyone right now.

Now look at the future. Bledsoe has two more years left at the most. Say JJ and Parcells believe Young or Leinart to be a spectacular talent who just needs a little coaching to be great. With the Cowboys, they could sit for two years and learn the position. Then when Bledsoe retires, Dallas will still not only have one of the youngest, most intimidating defenses in the NFL, they will also have a young QB ready to take over and help the team win instead of starting over from scratch.

Like I said, I seriously doubt this happens but I don't think you draft for one year. What happens if Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl this year? We fold up shop and go home? The Cowboys have done enough to make themselves Super Bowl contenders this year by signing good players at all the positions they needed help in this offseason. Now if they feel there is a QB for the future that they just can't pass up worth taking in this draft, I'm all for it. At least then I won't have to listen to some of you tell me how good that stiff over in Germany looks playing against players who couldn't have started for USC or Texas last year.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
A. J. Hawk....would be worth it!
No way. He is absolutely amazing, and could be a defensive cornerstone for years to come - but with our current defensive players and ability, and the likelihood of a quality defensive starter being at 18, it would just not be worth giving up our 1st rounder for next year and a possible starter QB (and whatever else this year - just 1 pick, player, and swap for this year's draft won't be enough). If the last few years since Roy has tought us anything it is the value of having a 1st in each draft.

ghst187

Reaction score
perhaps the real deal is that we would trade DOWN with our first for the Jets' second round pick.

If we are trading UP, I would have to think it was for Hawk.

I really hope we don't trade Henson, sure would be a waste to have spent a third round pick and the time to let him go because he'll probably find success somewhere. I also find it hard for JJ to trade Henson, I think he has a mancrush on him.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Put down the pipe. Slowly walk away. Check into rehap first thing tomorrow.

Truth. That's the type of deal you do for 2 types of players: 1) Franchise-Skill Players that are hard to come by. A LBer doesn't fit that mold.

2) Players that will help you win immediately and fill a huge hole. While LBer is a weakness right now, it isn't the difference between losing and a superbowl. Even then, we have talent there, Ware is still a beast, and rarely does adding another all world LBer translate to a SuperBowl.

Don't get me wrong - I am huge on Hawk - but at that cost, it just isn't worth it to us. Not when other defensive starters and potential stars can be had at 18.

No - defensively, we should still get a great player at 18. The only thing we CAN'T get at 18 that we could at 4 is an OFFENSIVE player.