Twitter: Rumor: Cowboys making a strong push to sign Za'Darius Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
LOL we can't afford him but apparently the Vikings who kept Hunter and his $18.5 million roster bonus can?

This franchise is beyond stupid. They really think they are fine at edge with Lawrence, Basham, Armstrong and whatever bargain bin loser they sign two weeks from now and those mid to late round picks they throw at DE in the draft.

It's shades of when they tried to tell us a WR led by Allen Hurns was more than sufficient. That turned out great.
They aren’t dumb. They are doing exactly as planned. They want you upset at the players who actually get paid on this team so they don’t have to pay anyone else. It’s actually very smart on their part because we (as a fanbase) keep taking the cheese.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
That seems idiotic on their part. If they trade him now, they have to eat the full 18.5 million unless I am missing something. It wasn't guaranteed base salary that could be transferred to the new team, it was a roster bonus. Once they pay that, it's on their cap.
I guess they could do the same as Ryan’s dead money hit. I don’t understand it unless they want hunter gone totally.

CWR

Reaction score
I know which team I'd pick, unfortunately.

Hell yeah, America's team. That said you aren't him so I guess he's heading to Minny or KC. It's gonna be depressing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Before my hopes go back up, do you have a source for this?
I wish I had reliable sources lol few writers for athletic stated it. Probably them assuming. Who knows. Anything now we have to take with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.