Twitter: Rumor: Cowboys making a strong push to sign Za'Darius Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Smith wants to get paid but there will be a ceiling as to how much teams will be willing to pay a DL with back issues.

Don’t overpay for damaged goods.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So from what you're saying the Jones' are reading the market correctly....no point in bidding against yourself or making a high offer.

Not being sceptical, but the Honey Badger 'rumors' wouldn't be to coax Kearse to sign for less?

I also dont quite get the signing Smith after we've spent money on Fowler and Armstrong.....especially with the present O-Line requirements.
No its simple, don't make it complected.

the payers are still available and the longer that is the cheaper they will be..who cares to the why ..

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Sign him and hold a press conference announcing we upgraded the position from last year, and show "highlights" of randy Gregory coming penalties in the background.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I’ve been critical of the Cowboys offseason, but landing Za’Darius would be an upgrade on Gregory and would make me like the Fowler and Armstrong depth signings a lot.

Proof

Reaction score
If they are a laughing stock, why are they ranked in the top 10?
Why do they have to sign anyone of note...so you all can complain when it doesn't work out.
How many other teams have not signed anyone of note? Quite a few. And if of note...some of those happened in trades...

what are you babbling about? how the team performs and how the franchise / fo are viewed aren’t mutually exclusive things. and i don’t know what you’re talking about as far as then having to sign anyone of note, i didn’t say anything like that. i said that i doubt agents are using dallas to drum up a market for players

DallasMike

Reaction score
I also dont quite get the signing Smith after we've spent money on Fowler and Armstrong.....especially with the present O-Line requirements.[/QUOTE]

Agree about O line. But the more the merrier with quality D linemen. I am all for building a championship defense. The Dallas explosive O gets stopped by the top teams. And as we all know....defense wins rings.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I also dont quite get the signing Smith after we've spent money on Fowler and Armstrong.....especially with the present O-Line requirements.

Agree about O line. But the more the merrier with quality D linemen. I am all for building a championship defense. The Dallas explosive O gets stopped by the top teams. And as we all know....defense wins rings.[/QUOTE]
It would mean we might be going full 3/4. Smith/Fowler/Armstrong/Gholston have the ability to pass rush standing up or with their hand down. This really helps the Joker (Parsons)

Status
Not open for further replies.