Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton

Reaction score
We value cap space over championships.

69i3j0.jpg

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Just when a signing that would make sense to cover a need before a draft where the team has multiple slots to fill, makes too much sense to ever happen with this FO.
I have no problem with shipping out players but one big signing in a position of need would help so much in the draft and how we approach it.
Really don't understand this, it's just short sighted.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The only strong push these losers going to do are:
  • hey dad can you get scumbryple to get me some shots of the cheerleader.
  • hey, dad you going to buy off your illegitimate daughter's silence.
  • when's pizza face boy taking over the team?
  • when's junior getting out of college we need a starting QB.

"how about dem Cowboys"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Smith is consistent with our usual strategy of using free agency to churn comp picks. Take a high profile guy coming off an injury year.
Costs nothing in comp picks on the way in, maybe produces converts to decent comp pick on the way out.

Yes, but inconsistent with our strategy of not being willing to pay big money for other teams' free agency. We got our FA replacement for Randy Gregory in Dante Fowler; that's the type of move the Cowboys make. No one should expect for Smith to be signed, too.

Now, a cheap 5-tech or NT/DT to replace Urban and Watkins is possible. Or even a linebacker to replace Neal or safety to replace Kazee. Those spots might be considered still open, but we did bring in young players (Odighizuwa, Bohanna, Mukuamu, Cox) to fill those roles, so I also won't be surprised if we don't do much of anything now that we've re-signed Kearse. I would like to see us improve all those spots, but that's not the Cowboys way in FA.

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly with Dlaw, Parsons, Armstrong and Fowler they aren't gonna pay this dude. Would be a nice suprise though. I think he's gonna get honest offered right out of the market.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Honestly with Dlaw, Parsons, Armstrong and Fowler they aren't gonna pay this dude. Would be a nice suprise though. I think he's gonna get honest offered right out of the market.

Both Lawrence and Smith can move inside on passing downs. If Smith is signed, he's starting DE opposite Lawrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.