Twitter: Rumor: Cowboys making a strong push to sign Za'Darius Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same thing that happens when Gregory misses 3/4 of the season for suspensions and injuries
Jazz, the team that actually signs him would not be happy.

I been saying this past week, this would not be a good deal to sign him. At this time in his career, these back issues will not go away.
This is also the reason I am fine with Gregory moving on also. He still has not played a full season without injury or suspension.
Yeah it would be nice to sign a talented player, but this will make a change for the better in the long run without either of them.

What was Jerry's favorite word back in the 90's.....serendipity...that is what this will be not having Gregory, nor signing Smith.

kevm3

Reaction score
lmao. The Dallas brand is being further used 2 pimp out free agents and raise their value. Highly doubt we sign anyone of note.

Right, sounds like one of those players that we 'took a hard look at' and 'wanted to come here' before signing to another team for a huge contract.

Proof

Reaction score
lmao. The Dallas brand is being further used 2 pimp out free agents and raise their value. Highly doubt we sign anyone of note.

considering A) the brand is a laughing stock, and B) we rarely sign anyone of note, i fail to see the correlation

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is better? A stud that plays half the season or scrubs that play the full season?

Could be a gem in the scrubs...who provide depth. All those scrubs actually did contribute last season, more so than a guy taking a pay check with a bad back.

Jipper

Reaction score
I guess you want a player with a bad back on a multi year deal then?

in all fairness, he had a herniated disk surgery and that isn't necessarily a degrative situation as long as the surgery was successful. There is a good chance the guy could make a full recovery and be very productive....now would i give him a multi year deal? Maybe 2 years, 3+ probably not...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
considering A) the brand is a laughing stock, and B) we rarely sign anyone of note, i fail to see the correlation

If they are a laughing stock, why are they ranked in the top 10?
Why do they have to sign anyone of note...so you all can complain when it doesn't work out.
How many other teams have not signed anyone of note? Quite a few. And if of note...some of those happened in trades...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.