Twitter: Rumor: Dallas attempting to trade for OT Chuma Edoga?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is exactly the type of player that Dallas goes after in these situations. It would be hard finding a quality OT to trade for because they are not plentiful, but it would surprise me if they put much effort into finding one capable of filling in. They are probably going to get a back-up OT and start one of the players that is already on the roster. This is about as good as Dallas is going to get.
Kearse, Hooker, Barr, Armstrong, Fowler .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kearse, Hooker, Barr, Armstrong, Fowler .

Kearse is the only one of those FAs who has accomplished much with us. Not sure why Armstrong is listed. We drafted him.

I hope for the best with Hooker, Barr and Fowler, but if you are calling them quality, I'm not sure we can make that claim yet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Kearse is the only one of those FAs who has accomplished much with us. Not sure why Armstrong is listed. We drafted him.

I hope for the best with Hooker, Barr and Fowler, but if you are calling them quality, I'm not sure we can make that claim yet.
My bust on Armstrong. As for Barr and Fowler I think they will play quality snaps this year. Hooker did come on strong the 2nd half of last season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
My bust on Armstrong. As for Barr and Fowler I think they will play quality snaps this year. Hooker did come on strong the 2nd half of last season.

The jury's still out for me on Hooker. He plays a subpackage role last year and we're relying on him to be the starting free safety this year in place of Kazee. We'll see how he does. He has talent, but I'm not sure what toll all the injuries have taken on him or even if he'll hold up for a full year of starting. Injuries are also a concern with Barr and Fowler, but that's what you get when you're shopping clearance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The jury's still out for me on Hooker. He plays a subpackage role last year and we're relying on him to be the starting free safety this year in place of Kazee. We'll see how he does. He has talent, but I'm not sure what toll all the injuries have taken on him or even if he'll hold up for a full year of starting. Injuries are also a concern with Barr and Fowler, but that's what you get when you're shopping clearance.
We can agree to disagree. Being glass half empty is not my makeup.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They will find the cheapest option out there and it will be some no-name , low quality OT that is barely hanging on to a roster spot with a team that has a below average OL. Stephen has all of that cap space, but he is not going to use no more of it than absolutely necessary. If you think about it, this move says a lot about their desire to win this year. It seems like they actually believe fielding rookie OTs with no experience at the pro level or preseason experience is not that big of a problem. I don’t think they really believe it. I think they are trying to get the fans to believe that they have the situation handled and they are on top of things.
Unfortunately our front office decision making is sub par
Having amateurs instead of professionals at the highest levels is holding this team back.
What other GM would have wasted 9.5 years of this team keeping Garrett as head coach?
It really is sad that a great fan base like the Cowboys have
Have to endure this.

ESisback

Reaction score
Probably the new “Swing”. Third rounder that Dallas will trade for a second…

gimmesix

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree. Being glass half empty is not my makeup.

I know you see it that way when anyone doesn't just automatically think every Dallas player is going to be great. Unless it happens to be one you don't like.

I prefer for players to prove themselves with this team instead of crowning them before they have. I don't think Bill Parcells wouldn't have liked you very much. He was an anti-anointing oil guy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know you see it that way when anyone doesn't just automatically think every Dallas player is going to be great. Unless it happens to be one you don't like.

I prefer for players to prove themselves with this team instead of crowning them before they have. I don't think Bill Parcells wouldn't have liked you very much. He was an anti-anointing oil guy.
I haven’t anointed anyone. Just stated my opinion. It’s ok to agree disagree. Chill dude.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I haven’t anointed anyone. Just stated my opinion. It’s ok to agree disagree. Chill dude.

Telling me to chill is rather funny coming from someone who calls so many members here haters for holding opinions contrary to yours.

I hope for the best for the cheap FAs we pick up, but also understand there are major reasons why they are cheap. Some overcome those reasons, but we've also seen plenty of fail in that regard since the Joneses adopted this philosophy.