Rumor: DLaw looking for 100mils / 70 guaranteed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And didn't half Crawford's sacks come from DT spot?

At what point do we understand that Tyrone Crawford is most effective at the 3T and inside on passing downs?

Never, apparently. They continue to waste seasons lining him up at right defensive end, the very worst spot you could line up a player like him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was not said..... but they don't have numbers because they didn't play much

Not a fair comparison

And they didn't play much because they didn't do anything with the snaps they did get. Let's face facts.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
They also don't play much because one is a mid round rookie who is likely unpolished and more of a situational DE type and the other is likely a first round bust.

So when America's Cowboys propped those two up as replacements for Lawrence, stash was right to call him out on that idiocy.
DLaw looked like a bust Year One as well with 0 sacks

CPanther95

Reaction score
And the contract to Bell wasn't misleading. In fact, I said exactly what you said in my post. $33MM guaranteed at signing, $45MM in total pay if he makes it 3 years.

Then you didn't read what I said.

The ONLY fully guaranteed money was the $10 million signing bonus.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They also don't play much because one is a mid round rookie who is likely unpolished and more of a situational DE type and the other is likely a first round bust.

So when America's Cowboys propped those two up as replacements for Lawrence, stash was right to call him out on that idiocy.
So speaks a Dak hater.

Idiocy.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is hard to get sacks on running plays

DLaw and RGregory played the obvious passing downs

Even harder when you're not good enough. There's very good reasons why they were playing "on running plays" because they're not good enough to be in those pass rushing roles. This team isn't hurting itself by undermining great pass rushers here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Even harder when you're not good enough. There's very good reasons why they were playing "on running plays" because they're not good enough to be in those pass rushing roles. This team isn't hurting itself by undermining great pass rushers here.
Not good enough or not better than DLaw and RGregory are 2 different things

Aaaron Rodgers wasn't good enough to play over Favre

Sydla

Reaction score
DLaw looked like a bust Year One as well with 0 sacks

So what's your point? That Armstrong or Charlton can replace Lawrence?

You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. In one breath, you claim people are stupid for letting Lawrence walk, then want to pick a fight with posters who are calling people out for claiming we can let Lawrence walk because we can roll with Armstrong and Charlton to pair with Gregory.

Which is it?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not good enough or not better than DLaw and RGregory are 2 different things

Aaaron Rodgers wasn't good enough to play over Favre

Ultimately, it's the same thing. They don't play and don't get sacks because the team puts the better players out there.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So what's your point? That Armstrong or Charlton can replace Lawrence?

You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. In one breath, you claim people are stupid for letting Lawrence walk, then want to pick a fight with posters who are calling people out for claiming we can let Lawrence walk because we can roll with Armstrong and Charlton to pair with Gregory.

Which is it?
I just don't run down my players to prop someone else up

With 100m and a 1st round pick DLaw can easily be replaced when added to what we have
I would also be happy keeping him a reasonable deal

it is not a zero sum game

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Randy Gregory had 6 sacks with a boatload of QB pressures, along with 25 tackles, for his first year back playing part-time after a couple of years being absent. I can see him getting at least 10 sacks in 2019.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So you want more of the Romo years of having 5 overpaid players who gobble up 75% of your cap while not having enough left to keep a good enough team? You act as if D-Law is as good as D-Ware was? Not even close.

Lay off them red bulls, and instead, wake up and smell the roses. D-Law is not worth $100 mil with $70 mil guaranteed.

D Law is currently a top 3 player at his position. I understand you may not want to pay him 100 million/70 mil guaranteed— BUT if that is what the market value for a top 3 DE is— you have to negotiate realistically.

Keep in mind— his asking price is a rumor at this point, and it may be posturing more than likely. Players ask for the moon and settle for less regularly.

If you let him walk— who do you replace him with? Right. You just opened up another hole on your roster. A rookie certainly won’t match his production— so are you going to dip into FA and overpay for someone else’s guy?

Let them negotiate and we will see what his true numbers are. My guess is that he will a star and be playing for closer to 85 million and 60 guaranteed.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dallas needs to pay the man his market value for three reasons:

1. D Law balled out while injured this year and was a good soldier while playing under the tag. He is a top 3 DE right now in the NFL— pay him what he deserves

2. The philosophy the FO has established and communicated is that they want to build through the draft, develop their players, and sign their guys longterm that produce. If they let D Law walk— they lose credibility with players and the result could easily be a loss of trust that the FO will give their productive core players long term security in a very violent sport.

3. They lose further credibility with the fan base. You can’t tell us you will stay out of FA bc you want the cap to sign your best players— and then you let a guy like D Law walk. Fans will question their commitment to winning (more than they already do) and moves like this cement the narrative that the Jones family are only in this for money.

Bottom line: sign D Law for what he is worth. Honor your players when they produce and they will run through a brick wall for you.
The FO doesn't have a lot of credibility with me but not signing him to this amount wouldn't make them lose any with me, it would actually make them gain some with me.

As far as losing credibility with players, how? With not signing one player they drafted? They signed, Fred , Martin , Smith, Crawford, Lee, Dez. Some of those to highest paid or top 3 at their position and 1 who probably didnt deserve what he got. So I can't see not signing Dlaw as them losing any credibility with their players

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
D Law is currently a top 3 player at his position. I understand you may not want to pay him 100 million/70 mil guaranteed— BUT if that is what the market value for a top 3 DE is— you have to negotiate realistically.

Keep in mind— his asking price is a rumor at this point, and it may be posturing more than likely. Players ask for the moon and settle for less regularly.

If you let him walk— who do you replace him with? Right. You just opened up another hole on your roster. A rookie certainly won’t match his production— so are you going to dip into FA and overpay for someone else’s guy?

Let them negotiate and we will see what his true numbers are. My guess is that he will a star and be playing for closer to 85 million and 60 guaranteed.
He was 18th in Sacks last year