Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
iceberg;4341304 said:
my bad then - i just saw it.

i honestly don't really care about it but i'm sure jones and company is tired of all the media making something of it.

why it really matters is beyond me because if it wasn't this they'd just hype up something else.

So let's assume that rumor is true-- what sense would it make to rid themselves of one "troublemaker", then turn around and sign the king of troublemakers??

If the Cowboys are indeed sick of the endless drama surrounding Dez and his finances, how do you think they'd take Jackson's act??

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;4341363 said:
I haven't read the thread, but I am betting that guy is taking some heat, and rightfully so. Matt Forte and DeSean Jackson?

Caveat emptor.

I purely hope that the claim that they like Janoris Jenkins is garbage, too... don't want that punk anywhere near our team...

poost

Reaction score
alohawg;4342373 said:
A QB, really, how stupid, they could have gotten Mallett last draft in the 3RD ROUND! unbelievable. :bang2:

They drafted Murray in the third. I'll take him over Mallett any day.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
silverbear;4342417 said:
So let's assume that rumor is true-- what sense would it make to rid themselves of one "troublemaker", then turn around and sign the king of troublemakers??

If the Cowboys are indeed sick of the endless drama surrounding Dez and his finances, how do you think they'd take Jackson's act??

Here you go silverbear,
I guess DeSean was certain that his contract situation would be resolved so he didn’t worry about taking an advance. If you recall, DeSean was balling out over the summer in Las Vegas, Miami and even spent $25,000 in about 30 minutes at a club in L.A. on bottle service.
http://jocksandstilettojill.com/201...ke-borrowing-money-from-agent-drew-rosenhaus/
Financial literacy. It’s so important for these guys to understand how money works, investing etc. This why 78% of NFL players are broke within two years of retirement.

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;4341828 said:
whew, oh ok, thats not bad then, at least i didnt step into it like i do sometimes :)

Hey, it's OK if you don't know Latin, joe... :D

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
jterrell;4342363 said:
I think Desean Jackson goes to Washington if lil napoleon has any say at all. Snyder will pay him a premium as a Cowboys killer. If they dont go after him then it is fairly clear Shanny really is in charge.

Either there or SF, I would put my money down on those two.

JackWagon

Reaction score
SDogo;4342474 said:
Either there or SF, I would put my money down on those two.

Does SF really want to deal with 2 Diva receivers on their roster?

newlander

Reaction score
this thread is...:bang2:

If it looks, walks and talks like a turd it's........Desean Jackson....I hate that kid. Lil' punk. I've said for a few years, someone WILL line him up and end his career, it's just a matter of time. Plus....WR is a position of strength...same with RB: Murray, Jones and Tanner are more than adequate.

Our defense is a MESS and needs help everywhere but Ware & Lee's spots...the other 10 should be up for grabs: seriously. Then there's the Oline..........meh, not enough time to adequately address that mess: in an nutshell Smith to LT and Free to RT: replace the other 3. We should concentrate on higher picks the next FOUR drafts on both interior lines, LB's and DB's...... QB? That's tough, but remember Romo was an undrafted FA and Brady was a 6th rounder...they are out there.

visionary

Reaction score
newlander;4342900 said:
this thread is...:bang2:

If it looks, walks and talks like a turd it's........Desean Jackson....I hate that kid. Lil' punk. I've said for a few years, someone WILL line him up and end his career, it's just a matter of time. Plus....WR is a position of strength...same with RB: Murray, Jones and Tanner are more than adequate.

Our defense is a MESS and needs help everywhere but Ware & Lee's spots...the other 10 should be up for grabs: seriously. Then there's the Oline..........meh, not enough time to adequately address that mess: in an nutshell Smith to LT and Free to RT: replace the other 3. We should concentrate on higher picks the next FOUR drafts on both interior lines, LB's and DB's...... QB? That's tough, but remember Romo was an undrafted FA and Brady was a 6th rounder...they are out there.

it is the classic good news, bad news scenario

good news:

we already have our franchise QB, OLB, potential franchise LT

we can address most of our other important needs effectively this off season (via FA and draft)

bad news:

we have a football idiot running our front office so it is unlikely we will do a good job of it

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Sandyf;4340604 said:
Nice post or repost I guess but seriously doubt his information. Matt Forte and DeSean Jackson? When the D needs help from FA you go after those two, not going to happen.

Murray is the future at RB so getting Forte would make zero sense. Taking a LaMichael James say in the 3rd makes sense if you trade Jones because James can also PR and KR. Tanner will be a great backup to Murray as we have already seen.

DeSean Jackson wants a big time contract better than Austin's so forget him, just not going to happen there. What makes more sense in free agency is Brent Grimes at CB, a great man to man cover and Calais Campbell at DE who is a stronger JJ Watt and look what Watt has done in Houston.

As to the draft, OG and CB would make sense in the first two rounds to some degree. DeCastro at OG in the 1st and say Gilmore at CB in the 2nd. Floyd at WR doesn't make sense unless we aren't interested in resigning Robinson. Upshaw makes alot sense in the 1st at OLB.

But honestly sounds like someone is guessing and picking some guys they like in FA. Jerry and Jason aren't stupid, they know the D has to be fixed in both Free Agency and the draft.

For those in an uproar about the suggestion that the Cowboys may go after Jackson, I see it as an insurance policy in the event that a Robinson deal may not get done. If I'm not mistaken, the Cowboys can't begin negotiations with him until after the season. There's nothing wrong with having a backup plan.

As for Forte, the only way I see this happening is if Felix is traded. He hasn't been the most reliable guy in terms of durability since he has been here. Again, having a plan in place is not a bad idea.

Risen Star;4340913 said:
You've just described 100% of all insider info you read on these boards.

The Cowboys haven't even begun to rank and stack their draft board and this guy already knows their plan with their picks.
If the Cowboys haven't begun working on some sort of draft board by now, I'd be concerned.