Rumor: Inside info on Cowboys draft/FA plans

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
took this from another (paid) website...the poster has history of posting accurate inside info about dfw/texas sports so i'll repost here.

talked to my buddy who works for the Cowboys, he said the Cowboys will target a Guard or DB In the first round and second rounds and look to
a QB early in the draft to groom behind Romo,possibly Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins they dont plan on cutting McGee but they dont trust him either. They also look to take another back in the draft.

They really like Cordy Glenn,Michael Floyd,Melvin Ingram,Devon Still,Courtney Upshaw,Janoris Jenkins,Mark Barron,Vontez Burfict, Dont'a Hightower,Lamichael James,Robert Lester,Jared Crick,Stephon Gilmore,Andre Branch.

also the Cowboys top FA target will be Michael Griffin and dont be surprised if they go after Matt Forte and possibly DeSean Jackson.

Newman will be released, they will attempt to bring Marty B back.

also Sean Lissemore will get a nice payday this offseason.

loublue22

Reaction score
Don't see the point on wasting a high pick on a non-elite QB prospect just on the off-chance he might turn into something

Wait a couple years, do your best to give Romo everything you can in the meantime, and take one in the first round when he's only got a year or two left.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
dboy214;4340455 said:
took this from another (paid) website...the poster has history of posting accurate inside info about dfw/texas sports so i'll repost here.

Sounds like we still don't get it.. :(

poost

Reaction score
DeSean Jackson? He doesn't quite fit the RKG mold Garrett preaches.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The last thing we need is more skill players on offense. I like the OG and DB in the high rounds. I think we need to go after a DB and OG/C in FA too. DL NEEDS to be addressed no if's and's or butt's. (Yea.. i did that.)

Focus on the trenches Cowboys braintrust.. lets go.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
I agree with taking the best available guard in either the first or second rounds. The DB as alternate choice is a tougher question unless we are going to get a pressure player for up front to compliment Ware from the FA market.

Griffin would be a nice pick up but there will be competition to get his services. I think Forte is IR now so it is early to be throwing his name out there, Jackson? Is he ready to be an adult now, or what?

Lissemore is a good player, but a true pressure guy at DE, OLB, or NT is a must. We just have to get better pressure up front, Ware can't do it all by himself. Can't believe the need is not even mentioned.

Just say no to a top 4 pick at either RB or QB this draft. Fifth round or later- fine. But we have more pressing needs than RB or 3rd QB this off season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Desean Jackson being signed means Laurent Robinson won't be signed.

Austin, Dez and Jackson? Witten to boot?

No flippin way. Too much $ sunk into WR.

Can see us wanting Griffin but he's our top target FA?

Need interior OL badly, a talented CB, another pass rusher on the d-line and at LB.

But we're going to sink $ at WR with Austin, Dez and Witten on this team. Not to mention Demarco Murray and Felix.

I can see the rb and QB.

Zman5

Reaction score
Matt Forte and DeSean Jackson? No way. Not saying the poster is BSing but we need to go for the big uglies this offseason.

I can see us drafting a COP back in the later rounds. Just in case Felix gets too expensive.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Matt Forte makes negative sense, we've already got two good backs. Why pay top dollar for a third?

Zman5

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4340469 said:
Matt Forte makes negative sense, we've already got two good backs. Why pay top dollar for a third?

Neither does D. Jackson. He's going to want #1 type of money. It would be better to sign Robinson if we do sign any FA WR for next season.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Zman5;4340468 said:
Matt Forte and DeSean Jackson? No way. Not saying the poster is BSing but we need to go for the big uglies this offseason.

I can see us drafting a COP back in the later rounds. Just in case Felix gets too expensive.

i'm just reposting what he posted here. if he wasn't a legit poster i would have ignored it.

hsfolk

Reaction score
Like anyone really thinks Forte is going to be anywhere but Chicago next season

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
dboy214;4340473 said:
i'm just reposting what he posted here. if he wasn't a legit poster i would have ignored it.

I, for one, appriciate you taking the time to post it, as you clearly think its legit info and its a good topic of discussion if nothing else.. i just think some of the things listed make little to no sense.

On the other hand, that might be how we know its legit.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Zman5;4340471 said:
Neither does D. Jackson. He's going to want #1 type of money. It would be better to sign Robinson if we do sign any FA WR for next season.

I'm with you. I don't buy the Jackson or Forte speculation at all. What, are we also in the market for a high-profile tight end?

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4340477 said:
I, for one, appriciate you taking the time to post it, as you clearly think its legit info and its a good topic of discussion if nothing else.. i just think some of the things listed make little to no sense.

oh i doubt this offseason comes out looking like anyone is predicting right now.

i see a lot of grubbs, nicks talk right now...i doubt we get either one.

also, lets not forget this is JERRY JONES we are talking about. nothing ever goes as planned. expect some "spice".

Reaction score
Only way we go after ******an Jackson is if we lose Robinson which I don't see happening. We don't need any more skilled position players we need to get better in the trenches.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4340477 said:
i just think some of the things listed make little to no sense.

:laugh2:

BigWillie

Reaction score
Lissemore will get a payday, because .. ? He's a backup NT, who is getting paid like a NT. He is also signed through '13. :confused:

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I'd love to see Michael Griffin come to Dallas as a replacement for Elam (and I like Elam too).

I don't see what sense in going after Matt Forte would be.

Reaction score
dboy214;4340480 said:
oh i doubt this offseason comes out looking like anyone is predicting right now.

i see a lot of grubbs, nicks talk right now...i doubt we get either one.

also, lets not forget this is JERRY JONES we are talking about. nothing ever goes as planned. expect some "spice".

Jerry went after Asomugha hard I see no reason why he won't go after Nicks.