[RUMOR]Lions wants Barber + picks for Roy

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
poke;2316106 said:
well as my old daddy used to say...." want in one hand and spit in the other and see which fills up first "

yeah.. I'm sure "spit" is the word he used...

if so, shame on him.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
poke;2316106 said:
well as my old daddy used to say...." want in one hand and spit in the other and see which fills up first "

odd my mom says something a tad different ;)

and it appears even with out Millen then are on crack

Ren

Reaction score
Detroit is really overrating the value of Williams, they'll be lucky to get a 2nd for him. They're gonna lose him to FA in about 6 months anyways and teams know this

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2316077 said:
This is off of sportsrumormill.com...apparently, this rumor has alot of meat to it.
That rumor has alot of something to it and it isn't meat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2316241 said:
I'm calling bs on this report..first of all, I visit srm on occasion and if I remember correctly that same poster would post bs recaps of cowboys news supposedly on sirius radio..I even copied one here and came to find out there wasn't even a boys segment on that day...now I'm not 100percent sure its the same poster but ill double check when I get on a cpu...as I'm on my cell right now..number two..barber is under contract with dallas and ford jr is not allowed to discuss players on other teams as it is tampering..so lets not get ahead of ourselves here..
It is a crying shame that more people didn't pay attention to this post. I will bold the most relevant parts so it clears some fog.

People are so gullible. Immediate panic.

BTW, on top what you said above, Ford Jr. has no control over the team at all. His Dad does, and the two GMs do. So that further proves this was crap.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's very simple .. Barber just signed a huge contract. No team trades a player who just signed a huge contract in the first year of the contract. I don't care if the player turns out to be a total bust, you just don't do it if for no other reason than the major impact it would have on the salary cap.

Even if Ford made that comment about Barber, it was more likely meant as a "I wish we had a guy like that" comment rather than a "I want to trade Roy Williams for Barber" comment.

-Reality speaks, no one listens

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Reality;2316414 said:
It's very simple .. Barber just signed a huge contract. No team trades a player who just signed a huge contract in the first year of the contract. I don't care if the player turns out to be a total bust, you just don't do it if for no other reason than the major impact it would have on the salary cap.

Even if Ford made that comment about Barber, it was more likely meant as a "I wish we had a guy like that" comment rather than a "I want to trade Roy Williams for Barber" comment.

-Reality speaks, no one listens

are you talking?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2316077 said:
This is off of sportsrumormill.com...apparently, this rumor has alot of meat to it.

For those of you who are throwing Jerry under the bus for not pulling the trigger, as well as TO under the bus for needing his fragile ego being consoled...you can STICK IT!

YESSS!!!! FREE DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2316114 said:
Barber for Roy and their 1st would be more like it:D

We aren't trading them Barber if they throw in the Pistons, Red Wings and the 4 or 5 hot girls who live in Detroit.

Barber is what drives our attitude on offense.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Boysboy;2316077 said:

For those of you who are throwing Jerry under the bus for not pulling the trigger, as well as TO under the bus for needing his fragile ego being consoled...you can STICK IT!

From your quote of the source i can't really see where the Lions want Barber plus picks. It only says Barber for Roy or Roy for picks.

Honestly with watching Felix play and knowing Choice is also a good runner i would make this deal in a heartbeat (Barber for Roy without additional picks). I would consider this a steal for us.

The way Jones plays right now we are in trouble 1-2 years from now. And we could make alot of room salary cup wise in letting Barber go. Don't misunderstand me i am a big big Barber fan but this would be a wise decission from an economical view and also not wanting a RB controversy which has already started to grow watching the game thread of cinci in this forum ;-).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2316496 said:
From your quote of the source i can't really see where the Lions want Barber plus picks. It only says Barber for Roy or Roy for picks.

Honestly with watching Felix play and knowing Choice is also a good runner i would make this deal in a heartbeat (Barber for Roy without additional picks). I would consider this a steal for us.

The way Jones plays right now we are in trouble 1-2 years from now. And we could make alot of room salary cup wise in letting Barber go. Don't misunderstand me i am a big big Barber fan but this would be a wise decission from an economical view.

No, it would not.

Roy Williams will get very well paid if he is signed here.

And we'd eat Barber's signing bonus against the cap.

shnagy

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2316496 said:

The way Jones plays right now we are in trouble 1-2 years from now. And we could make alot of room salary cup wise in letting Barber go. Don't misunderstand me i am a big big Barber fan but this would be a wise decission from an economical view.

You must be off your meds. Barber plays at a much higher level and shows up consistently every week. Williams is a bit overrated but a good WR none-the-less. He's definitely not worth having to trade Barber straight up.

I hope we do get him, but I think there is zero chance that we would accept that trade. I know I wouldn't.

MONT17

Reaction score
U ask for the sky settle for a mtn. Now jerry should counter with a bag of chips! Fords kid reminds me of Stienbrenners boy! Well I'm sure if I was loaded ide be just as stupid!

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I dunno, I guess they want a nice high and tight fade w/ the Cowboys barber. Surely, they can't be talking about the Barbarian here.

So, Cletus, the team barber for RW, sounds like a fine trade to me.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2316077 said:

I would have no problem with a backfield of Jones and Choice..Barber is so damn slow..he drives me crazy..If he can't break a tackle his runs ususally suck.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
shnagy;2316510 said:
You must be off your meds. Barber plays at a much higher level and shows up consistently every week. Williams is a bit overrated but a good WR none-the-less. He's definitely not worth having to trade Barber straight up.

I hope we do get him, but I think there is zero chance that we would accept that trade. I know I wouldn't.

Barber straight up for Roy would be a STEAL for us. I would make that trade in a heartbeat.