[RUMOR]Lions wants Barber + picks for Roy

shnagy

Reaction score
Thanos68;2316575 said:
Barber straight up for Roy would be a STEAL for us. I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
I'm glad that it's not going to happen. You think two rookies would actually be able to carry the load? I don't. Also, we would be losing MBIII's blitz pick-ups, which are among the best in the league. We would look foolish making that trade.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
shnagy;2316589 said:
I'm glad that it's not going to happen. You think two rookies would actually be able to carry the load? I don't. Also, we would be losing MBIII's blitz pick-ups, which are among the best in the league. We would look foolish making that trade.

And, again, cause of the deal they gave Barber in the offseason this is NOT going to happen.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2316082 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Give me some of what their front office is smoking

Needed a laugh today and no I don't wont anything they are smoking, Rick James wouldn't smoke what they smoking......

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If its true that they wanted Ware last year and Barber this year then is CLEAR that they would rather engage in fantasy rather than improving their organization.

The sooner they get a deal done the sooner they can start being serious about building a real team.

playmakers

Reaction score
If I were Detriot I would trade both Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Detriot will not be good any time soon and by the time they are good Johnson might be a free agent. If they were smart they would ask from us

our 2nd and both 3rds we have and a conditional pick on performance.

Trade Calvin Johnson to Philly or Washington (I know, but Im trying to do the best for the Lion franchise) for Phillys highest 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Now your building for the next generation and your have your pick number 1, Philly's pick 15, your second 33rd, Philly's second 48th, our second 64th, your 3rd 65th, Clev's 3rd(our pick) 72nd, philly's 3rd 79th and our 3rd 96th.

For Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams you could get 9 picks in the first 3 rounds. Thats rebuilding. You can take your QB with the first pick, oline and dline with the next 2-3 picks, and so on and so forth. There just going to be awful with these guys in there lineup cap wise. As Jamie Dukes said "assets" they have assests for rebuilding.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2316241 said:
barber is under contract with dallas and ford jr is not allowed to discuss players on other teams as it is tampering..so lets not get ahead of ourselves here..

Ford Jr. is not the owner, actually I think he has nothing to do with the team, his father runs them, therefore he can pretty much say what he wants...

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
A rumor with meat to it?

With the deal Barber just got we can't trade him...HUGE cap hit. Plus, why would we trade him?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
What did any of that have to do with owens fragile ego?
Jammies in a bunch today?:D

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
I tell you what....

Barber for Roy.

And your crack for my crack....

Wait, that did not sound right...

:rolleyes:

gbrittain

Reaction score
Sounds like an excellent deal to me.

1. We do the Barber for Roy Williams trade.

2. Then we trade Austin Miles to the Vikings for Adrian Peterson.

Easy as that, we have our RB and 2nd WR.

Kilyin

Reaction score
MONT17;2316526 said:
Well I'm sure if I was loaded ide be just as stupid!

Well you've got half of that criteria covered. Now you just need to win the lottery.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Good Lord. Can people really think Mike Lynn has made a comeback???