RUMOR: NEW Roy Williams Update DET WR

satam55

Reaction score
On a General NFL board there is a guy from Detroit saying that on the sports radio station there he heard some news. The lions are looking to get rid of Williams for a 2nd round draft pick. Same goes for Shaun Rogers. Like I stated, this is from some guy and there is no link. IMO if this is true I say give them the draft pick in the 2nd round no questions asked! At first it seems skeptical but look at what the Patriots had to give for Moss. It could happen. (for those who don't know it was a 4th round pick)

What is everyones opinion on this IF it is true?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt it's true, but who knows. IF it is....I'd be ALL over it.

061222_lionsprotest_vlg_2p.widec.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
satam55;1911851 said:
On a General NFL board there is a guy from Detroit saying that on the sports radio station there he heard some news. The lions are looking to get rid of Williams for a 2nd round draft pick. Same goes for Shaun Rogers. Like I stated, this is from some guy and there is no link. IMO if this is true I say give them the draft pick in the 2nd round no questions asked! At first it seems skeptical but look at what the Patriots had to give for Moss. It could happen. (for those who don't know it was a 4th round pick)

What is everyones opinion on this IF it is true?

if this has any merit, jones the GM needs to be on the phone pulling this trigger before the smoke can clear.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I don't know how good of a fit WR Roy Williams would be in Dallas. Roy is very much like Terrell Owens is that he's very physical at the LOS but doesn't have great deep speed. Now, if we can get a 2nd round pick for Roy and THEN draft WR DeSean Jackson for our deep threat, I would foam at the mouth!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Now I always thought Roy Williams the WR had deep speed. BUT he certainly is a big WR who gets plenty. I find it hard to believe they would let him go for a 2nd= but we are talking Matt Millen who had done MANY stupid things. Actually, I would be happy to give up OUR 1st for him.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
if welker was a 2nd round pick and moss a 4th. I wouldnt doubt they'd accept a mid 2nd rounder or so for him

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
If this is true, I expect Jerry will offer a 1st rounder, just so he can guarantee getting his man.

rlgiv

Reaction score
Williams has all the speed he needes to make it deep in the NFL. Williams and TO would be a lethal combo at WR. If this is true I doubt Jerry would hesitate.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Reports last month also said Roy wanted to play IN Texas(where, of course, he played at UT).

If he comes to Dallas next year, I won't be surprised, but VERY excited at the same time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1911884 said:
How about our #28 pick for williams and their 4th?.

Or how about our #4 + our Roy Williams for their Roy Williams?:)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
their's only room for one Roy Williams on this team.......with that said get that 2nd round pick ready, jerry!

yesfan

Reaction score
Yeah and send them our Roy Williams and Jerry could still
show only one on the payroll.:)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1911880 said:
If this is true, I expect Jerry will offer a 1st rounder, just so he can guarantee getting his man.

it doesn't matter what the HELL the topic is does it - you gotta go bust on jones at any given or forced opportunity. and you wonder why people think you're WAY OVERBOARD with it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Only thing I would even hesititate about is his tendancy to get injured.

Reaction score
You can't go wrong for a 2nd round pick... Look at how Bigg performed closer to home. I've seen it work both ways though, some people can handle being close to home, some can't.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
utrunner07;1911895 said:
Only thing I would even hesititate about is his tendancy to get injured.

this has me worried also. other than this i love roy. but i'd hate to give up a pick that could be a CB or RB and a nice $$$ contract only to have him miss 1/3 or so of the time.