RUMOR: NEW Roy Williams Update DET WR

FCBarca

Reaction score
How about any package deal for Roy Williams HAS to include our Roy Williams? :cool:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
FCBarca;1911910 said:
How about any package deal for Roy Williams HAS to include our Roy Williams? :cool:

again i bring up silly little things like salary cap....

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1911894 said:
it doesn't matter what the HELL the topic is does it - you gotta go bust on jones at any given or forced opportunity. and you wonder why people think you're WAY OVERBOARD with it.

Because it's true. What's overboard with it?

When he has his sights set on something he goes gets it at any cost. That can be good, but it also can be a bad thing.

He did it with Joey Galloway, paying the top price possible (2 #1 picks). He did it when reaching for QC. Just today he did it to keep Garrett here.

When he did it for Joey he said he wanted to guarantee we got him. If he really wants Roy Williams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go overboard again to get him. It's what he does.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Dallas WR's in 08': Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, DeSean Jackson, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1911913 said:
Because it's true. What's overboard with it?

When he has his sights set on something he goes gets it at any cost. That can be good, but it also can be a bad thing.

He did it with Joey Galloway, paying the top price possible (2 #1 picks). He did it when reaching for QC. Just today he did it to keep Garrett here.

When he did it for Joey he said he wanted to guarantee we got him. If he really wants Roy Williams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go overboard again to get him. It's what he does.

jones wasn't even being talked about. YOU had to drag him in and get a few punches in. then you gotta go back how many years to prove a point while totally bypassing all the last 3-4 years accommplishments in the process.

GET OVER IT.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
FCBarca;1911917 said:
Why ya gotta bring that up? :banghead:

oh, i dunno. same reason people wanna just trade him w/o considering it? : )

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1911916 said:
jones wasn't even being talked about. YOU had to drag him in and get a few punches in. then you gotta go back how many years to prove a point while totally bypassing all the last 3-4 years accommplishments in the process.

GET OVER IT.

If we get Williams I think Jones would be the one to do it, since we don't have anyone else around to make that call.

And I went back as far as a few hours to show where he often overpays to get what he wants.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1911919 said:
If we get Williams I think Jones would be the one to do it, since we don't have anyone else around to make that call.

And I went back as far as a few hours to show where he often overpays to get what he wants.

and no one else wanted garrett? i don't deny jones will pay for what he wants but if garrett were offered about the same as wade then it wasn't overpaying, it was market value.

since then jones has said time and again he learned from galloway you just don't do that. but you won't give him credit for learning when you've got such a fun punching back.

your hatred and total bias is more than obvious. more than so very old too.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
How about our second & Roy Williams, they give us their Roy and that monster NT they have over there, his name escapes me. I know they say he's lazy, but hey! Bigg got his act together, this guy can too.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Clove;1911927 said:
How about our second & Roy Williams, they give us their Roy and that monster NT they have over there, his name escapes me. I know they say he's lazy, but hey! Bigg got his act together, this guy can too.

Gimme an "S"
Gimme an "A"
Gimme an "L"
Gimme an "A"
Gimme an "R"
Gimme an "Y"

Gimme a "C"
Gimme a "A"
Gimme a "P"

and what does that spell and stop us from doing with Roy?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1911929 said:
Then what are you arguing about?

your constant jones whining but it's ok. i'm sliding you to the ignore side. seems you've not said anything since i've known you i can't get from a good bowel movement. even a bad one.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
iceberg;1911908 said:
examine caps hits before we get cute.
It's time to get cute. We can't keep bringing in lower tier players and expect to go up against the NE's of the world. Get some fire power in here, get a blockbuster deal done Jerry. And little Jerry can figure out how to make the $$$$ work.

If the Deadskins can keep finding money, so can we.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Clove;1911937 said:
It's time to get cute. We can't keep bringing in lower tier players and expect to go up against the NE's of the world. Get some fire power in here, get a blockbuster deal done Jerry. And little Jerry can figure out how to make the $$$$ work.

If the Deadskins can keep finding money, so can we.

um...ok. it's just that simple. got it.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1911935 said:
your constant jones whining but it's ok. i'm sliding you to the ignore side. seems you've not said anything since i've known you i can't get from a good bowel movement. even a bad one.

Yep. Third grade.

FCBarca

Reaction score
iceberg;1911918 said:
oh, i dunno. same reason people wanna just trade him w/o considering it? : )

Is there still a cap hit if he's simply left on Millen's doorstep with a note saying 'Take him for free, please!'?

Reaction score
TheSport78;1911915 said:
Dallas WR's in 08': Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, DeSean Jackson, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd

If they trade for Williams I doubt seriously they'll go after someone like Jackson in the draft...