Rumor: Parcells to work in FO for Falcons??

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1843673 said:
so far carthon has lost three jobs including his job with parcells here in Dallas.

Why is carthon a shoe in?? I am lost on that. You can make a case that pepper johnson is a better coach than carthon so why wouldnt he hire him away from new england?

besides this sounds like blank is asking parcells to be vp, not that parcells said he wants to be.

Blank likes the big names.

He went Petrino and that blew up. What big names are out there? Cowher? Carroll?, Schott?

jman

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1843657 said:
I saw in a Mike Silver article on Yahoo that some player (can't remember who) was stumping for Mo Carthon for that job... It would all fit together well.

Never mind that he was a huge flop as Cleveland's OC.

Either him, or maybe Parcells could hire Todd Haley. :laugh2:

Yep, there was another flop in Cleveland...How's he doing right now...14-0, I believe.

Naaa. never happen. Not again?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tHe dolphins have contacted him about the same job.

mortensen expect parcells to have an answer by wed, in regards to atlanta.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jman;1843700 said:
Yep, there was another flop in Cleveland...How's he doing right now...14-0, I believe.

Naaa. never happen. Not again?

um thats belichick, cl was talking about mo carthon.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Sources: ESPN's Parcells considering vice president offer from Falcons

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 18, 2007, 10:28 PM ET
Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank has put a full-court press on Bill Parcells to become the team's vice president of football operations, according to multiple sources.
Parcells could accept or reject the job as early as Wednesday, the sources said, and he is giving it serious consideration.
Parcells would not become Atlanta's new coach but sources say he would be authorized to hire the team's next coach, as well as re-organize the personnel department. He also could hire a new general manager if he and Blank agree that one is necessary.
Blank has informed general manager Rich McKay that McKay will not return in the same role, even though the owner wants McKay to remain as the team's president, sources said.
Blank's talks with Parcells evolved from an advisory role into a firm offer to rebuild his football operation, the sources said.
"I've got nothing to say," said Parcells before he hung up the phone Tuesday. Blank could not be reached for comment.
Parcells, an ESPN NFL analyst, also has had limited dialogue with the Miami Dolphins about a similar role but the talks with the Falcons have been more urgent, a league source said.
McKay is out as general manager, sources said, even if Parcells does not join the Falcons. However, Blank has asked McKay to remain as the team's president to oversee short-range and long-range stadium plans and continue as a valuable liaison with the league.
It is uncertain if McKay would accept a new role with the Falcons. He also is co-chairman if the league's competition committee.
If Parcells declines his offer, Blank still will hire a new general manager or he could give personnel control to the new head coach, sources said.
Blank has acted with urgency since Bobby Petrino resigned as coach on Dec. 12th. He spoke with Bill Cowher on Friday when the former Steelers coach told the owner that he had no plans to return to the sidelines in 2008, sources said.
The Falcons owner also consulted with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones concerning Parcells, who resigned in January after four years as the Dallas coach. Jones credited Parcells with the franchise's turnaround at a point the Cowboys had suffered through three consecutive 5-11 seasons.
There is added irony in that Jones was an unofficial emissary for the University of Arkansas, his alma mater, who first relayed to Blank the school's interest in Petrino.
Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Now is the time to start wondering if Big Bill sees Jason Garrett as head coaching material.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Wolfpack;1843694 said:
D. Hall is going to love going to work in the morning now.
First order of buisness for Parcells would be to ship him out of Atlanta. As a matter of fact he said on Nfl countdown when Hall had his lil falling out with Petrino in the Carolina game that he wouldn't stand for it in so many words.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1843708 said:
um thats belichick, cl was talking about mo carthon.

I think he was implying that Mo could be the next Belichick... :eek:

Not sure how good Mo's video skills are, though.

cowboyed

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1843614 said:
That's very surprising. At his age, I didn't think he wants to go through the rebuilding process.

I would think his only rebuilding process would be hemorrhoids, varicose veins and going from a C to a D cup.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
you couldnt pay me enough to be involved with an atlanta franchise.

parcells would fix it within two years though, there is no doubt. lawyer milloy and john abraham should welcome it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;1843731 said:
you couldnt pay me enough to be involved with an atlanta franchise.

parcells would fix it within two years though, there is no doubt. lawyer milloy and john abraham should welcome it.

He probably would turn around the franchise ... but let's not forget the most important thing: The Atlanta media wouldn't be able to get injury reports. I hope they're ready to pay that price.

Anyways, it would be a great gig for him. It wouldn't require 18 hour days ... he's putting in place the people that would put in the 18 hour days. All he has to do is instill his knowledge of the game through the organization and work his contacts through the league.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1843733 said:
He probably would turn around the franchise ... but let's not forget the most important thing: The Atlanta media wouldn't be able to get injury reports.

LOL

they are going to be miserable. Although they may like the "80s" so called style of football he played, from what I saw at the blank pc last week alot of the media looked like they belonged in reo speedwagon or air supply...

how funny would it be if hired Todd Bowles and zimmer had to work with bowles again!!!

yeah and again, He would fix them. for everything that the knuckleheads say here the guy never fails. he shows up and the next thing that shows up is talent.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1843736 said:
LOL

they are going to be miserable. Although they may like the "80s" so called style of football he played, from what I saw at the blank pc last week alot of the media looked like they belonged in reo speedwagon or air supply...

how funny would it be if hired Todd Bowles and zimmer had to work with bowles again!!!
Oh no, he better not hire anyone from here. Remember the Mob Code?

If we have to settle for Mike Vandershank instead of Adam Vinitieri, he'll just have to settle for Carthon and Haley.