Rumor: Parcells to work in FO for Falcons??

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
this is cereal!

I can see Parcells taking this gig. If not ESPN is playing games with this story -

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Andy Reid. Andy Reid and Blank are supposedly friends, and I know Parcells loves and respects Reid. If it looks like the Eagles are going to start rebuilding under Kolb, I could see Reid looking for a fresh start elsewhere after this nightmare season.

Taz

Reaction score
you think parcells would want to deal with m vick if he didn;t like to

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors;1843682 said:
Gotta respect Drew as a stand up guy -- badabing!

I thought he was more of a get knocked down kind of guy......repeatedly.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Parcells said recently in an interview that he would never go back to coaching, but if the right front office job came up he'd take it.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Here is the article from FOX:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7581372?MSNHPHMA

Sources: Parcells talking with Falcons
Jay Glazer
FOXSports.com, Updated 41 minutes ago STORY TOOLS:

Bill Parcells is officially in play.

In an attempt to correct the Bobby Petrino debacle, the Atlanta Falcons are talking to the current ESPN analyst and two-time Super Bowl-winning coach about a job as the team's executive vice president, FOXSports.com has learned.
In fact, Parcells and Falcons owner Arthur Blank have had discussions within the past few days. It's clear that Blank is trying to lure a man that could substantially help a team mired in bad public relations the last year.

It's long been assumed that Parcells wants to take a front-office job rather than jump back into coaching. Although with Parcells, one never knows.

The Falcons are hoping to have an answer in the coming days, but obviously would wait for Parcells to make a decision.

However, the Falcons may not be the only team vying for the future Hall of Famer's services. Parcells could have a choice between the Falcons and Miami Dolphins, who have also reached out to Parcells, according to league sources.

Clearly if Blank can lure Parcells to Atlanta it would be a major coup for a franchise in desperate need of any positive news.

Less than a year ago, the Atlanta Falcons hired Petrino to replace Jim Mora after a 7-9 season, which included three straight losses to end the year.

Petrino thought he was getting one of the best coaching jobs in the NFL. Without Michael Vick, it wasn't worth keeping for even one full season.

Just 13 games into a miserable debut as Atlanta Falcons coach, Petrino stunningly announced his resignation last Tuesday and returned to the college ranks at Arkansas.

Petrino left Louisville for Atlanta in January, agreeing to a five-year, $24 million contract handed out by the Falcons.

A few months later, Vick came under investigation for a grisly dogfighting operation that led him to plead guilty to federal charges. He was sentenced last Monday to 23 months in prison without ever taking a snap for Petrino, who left with a 3-10 record.

Several league sources say that Parcells has recently called around for opinions on coaches and personnel people.

Parcells, 66, will likely be able to write his own ticket wherever he lands.

Parcells spent time with the New York Giants, New England Patriots, New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. He retired for a third time after taking the Cowboys to the postseason in 2006. His career record is 183-138-1, including an 11-8 postseason mark. He's one of just five coaches to have taken two different teams to the Super Bowl.

Associated Press contributed to this story

I think it is a good move for him and the Falcons. He's a great talent evaluator. And I bet they still go after someone like Cowher for HC . . .

yesfan

Reaction score
Jones credited Parcells with the franchise's turnaround at a point the Cowboys had suffered through three consecutive 5-11 seasons.

There is Bill's resume.No matter what faults his critics may have with
him,he turns teams around,yes even in Dallas.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;1843731 said:
you couldnt pay me enough to be involved with an atlanta franchise

People weren't exactly lining up to work with Jerry when he took the Cowboys over. And the Patriots and Jets gigs were about the worst in football when he took them over too. He doesn't take the easy jobs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1843836 said:
People weren't exactly lining up to work with Jerry when he took the Cowboys over. And the Patriots and Jets gigs were about the worst in football when he took them over too.

yeah that is true, especially that patriots job.

hey air force said they used the blueprint and the methods parcells left for 20 years, and he was only there one season.

and hey maybe arthur blank is getting divorced or trying to build a new stadium.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
yeah that is true, especially that patriots job.

Well, at least the Falcons were 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 in the three years leading up leading up to this year's catastrophe. We would have killed for that 2000-2002 (not to mention that at least the Falcons have been to a Superbowl in the last decade).

I don't really know how much I can contribute to the Falcons' season coming towards a lack of talent and how much was just a dark cloud hanging over the entire season due to the circumstances surrounding the franchise. This might be like the 2005 Saints.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
theebs;1843612 said:
Uh Oh.

now the real question is, which of our players does he take?

quote]

I heard Big Bill is gonna make a full court press to get T.O.:D

I'm glad Bill is not our coach anymore but I wish he were still working in our front office.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
BP loves the courtship but hates the marriage. I expect him to eat up all the attention for a couple of days and then decline the offer. How many times did he court Tampa and in the end left them at the altar. Expect the same thing here....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1843844 said:
Well, at least the Falcons were 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 in the three years leading up leading up to this year's catastrophe. We would have killed for that 2000-2002 (not to mention that at least the Falcons have been to a Superbowl in the last decade).

I don't really know how much I can contribute to the Falcons' season coming towards a lack of talent and how much was just a dark cloud hanging over the entire season due to the circumstances surrounding the franchise. This might be like the 2005 Saints.

If parcells has the right coaches with him, in that division he could turn them into a contender in one year.

I am convinced if the man can get to the playoffs with quincy carter he can turn it around, however that is bill the coach. bill the executive can only supply the talent.

and in all sports teams become good from drafting then signing then developing the talent. And parcells can do half of that from the executive seat.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that he'll take Jeff Ireland with him. We finally have someone with an eye for talent.