RUMOR: Payton offered the HC with the saints.

BHendri5

Reaction score
and like someone said in an ealier post< Parcells will have more confidence in him and hopefully he will let him have more Play calling responsibility next season.

Maurice Carthon will get the Saints job and turn that franchise around.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i'm very split on whether i want him gone or not because Parcells has always been a very conservative coach and maybe Parcells won't let him be aggressive. on the other hand he was ran out of New York after Fassel took over the play calling and they actually started producing

SacredStar

Reaction score
I think we need a change at OC and DC, so I hope this rumor pans out.

Then we can hire the Packers DC, Bates, who stepped down earlier tonight.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Now we get to watch New Orleans play - screen, run, screen, punt.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
rgcowboys said:
He should pass on that job. The Saints will be in crisis foor atleast 2 more years.

You can list negatives all day about the Saints job...my answer remains "Matt Lienhart".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Why would he want that job? He got punched as a WR coach. Imagine what he would get if he was the O.C.!

Yeah BP might body slam him or something
:laugh2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Wow - if true - it sorta opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. The skys blue and the birds are singing again. I dont know why I feel like that but thats the way I feel after reading this news. Like a new beginning. Weird, I never disliked him.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
hope it's true, means we'll see continuity on offense, players need that more than anything

Actually it will probably mean just the opposite...to a small degree. True: BP has pretty much held the strings on Offense this go-around, but players may have to adjust to a few different twists depending on who the OC is/will be. For the most part, I think things will remain pretty much the same, but don't bank on it yet. Regardless of what you think of Payton, there will be a learning curve for the Offense with a new guy. How big or small will be seen later.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saints | Payton remains top option; not offered job yet
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:46:23 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the New Orleans Saints are heavily leaning towards offering their vacant head coaching position to Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Sean Payton. Team spokesman Greg Bensel said the team has not made an offer to any candidates as of Monday, Jan. 16, evening.