Rumor: Randy Gregory Relapse in August

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I’m laughing...couldn’t even make it to Sep?
I’m telling you all,Gregory,Irving,Gordon and McClain (get Rico in there too) just need to start up a venture in FL. “The Huff n Puff Fishin Crew charter boat company.” They’ll make a fortune on hats and t-shirt merchandise alone.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yup, teased. You specifically. I remember 2 years ago when we were attempting to take over first place and Washington beating Philly would have helped us but you stated you didn't want them to win "because you'd have to hear about it at work." You put your own fear of teasing ahead of what would help the team you support. That told me all I needed to know. I didn't say self-worth but it's a huge part of who you are (to an unhealthy extent, maybe? Not my call regardless.) Therefore, you're still a fan of the team in spite of the lack of success but of course there are no shortage of excuses for why we haven't had success because your fandom IS such a huge part of who you are and you'll protect it to no end. That's where the "conspiracies" enter the picture and now Mara hates the Cowboys above all, hiring henchmen in dark alleys to take us down all while risking his profitable ownership position because his hatred is so strong. That's my definition of hilarious.

I’m not afraid of being teased at all. I just refuse to endure moronic nonsense spewed by misinformed idiots. My self esteem is not attached to football.

Since we’re judging, you come off as an arrogant know it all that needs to have things in easily explainable, black and white pieces. There are no reasons, just “excuses”, and everything’s laid out, simple and easy to solve. The problem? We live in a gray world, complicated by endless conflicting factors, and almost ANYTHING is possible. Not being able to explain it all seems to scare you.

Laugh all you want. I’m laughing too!

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
There's no doubt Gregory is talented. However, he has an addiction problem.

I think we need to cut football ties with him. He's more high risk and low reward at this time.

I hope he can beat the monkey on his back.

nobody

Reaction score
smh. I feel bad for the guy and having to deal with Bipolar disorder, but it's time to cut ties professionally if he keeps relapsing. It's hurting the team. Hopefully he gets what he needs in the end.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I’m not afraid of being teased at all. I just refuse to endure moronic nonsense spewed by misinformed idiots. My self esteem is not attached to football.

Since we’re judging, you come off as an arrogant know it all that needs to have things in easily explainable, black and white pieces. There are no reasons, just “excuses”, and everything’s laid out, simple and easy to solve. The problem? We live in a gray world, complicated by endless conflicting factors, and almost ANYTHING is possible. Not being able to explain it all seems to scare you.

Laugh all you want. I’m laughing too!

No. Black and white logic is one that says the Cowboys aren't winning, therefore something crooked must be going on. It's that anxiety expended to protect the fandom ego that spurs the conspiracy theories which is merely lazy excuse-making that actually ignores the gray world you speak of. It reminds me of teenagers deluding themselves into labeling teachers as "haters" because the teachers don't recognize how special they are above everyone else instead of considering that a system needs to be run in high school that can't stop and adore every teenager's special talents every moment of the school day. This conspiracy theory nonsense is equally childish. I'm not a know it all, I'm just a conspiracy theory debunker. I ask y'all to prove your theories and y'all tap dance and come up with reasons why proof isn't actually needed. Then out of the other side of y'alls mouths you'll criticize the media for starting rumors with no proof. Laughing indeed.

ESisback

Reaction score
No. Black and white logic is one that says the Cowboys aren't winning, therefore something crooked must be going on. It's that anxiety expended to protect the fandom ego that spurs the conspiracy theories which is merely lazy excuse-making that actually ignores the gray world you speak of. It reminds me of teenagers deluding themselves into labeling teachers as "haters" because the teachers don't recognize how special they are above everyone else instead of considering that a system needs to be run in high school that can't stop and adore every teenager's special talents every moment of the school day. This conspiracy theory nonsense is equally childish. I'm not a know it all, I'm just a conspiracy theory debunker. I ask y'all to prove your theories and y'all tap dance and come up with reasons why proof isn't actually needed. Then out of the other side of y'alls mouths you'll criticize the media for starting rumors with no proof. Laughing indeed.

Funny stuff!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If anyone is surprised by this revelation, they may even more surprised when the Commish and his cronies seek vengeance upon us. Not good.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So basically that thread from a few weeks ago vaguely saying that Gregory was in trouble was right?

So many eggs on faces

Or that's the BS Jason La Canfora story resurfacing again. RG met w/ the office after that tweet. So if there was truth to that story I imagine he would have got suspended before today.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sources in Dallas thought the league would decide whether to discipline Gregory last week, before Sunday's regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but the league still is studying the case and factoring in the steps that Gregroy has taken over the past month since his setback.
I
More and more, in one of the interesting and quiet trends around the league, the NFL has become more tolerant when a player violates the drug policy. It has softened its stance on drug policy perpetrators. There have been multiple examples this offseason of a player having a disputed test, with the league emphasizing treatment and support rather than discipline, which was one of the NFLPA's goals when the policy was reconfigured in 2014.

I was not holding me breath. The ungrateful idiot.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
we know have 3 DEs on the roster,this guy continues to sink our season after season for trusting him and giving him all the help he needs.
But ... but ... but it we gave him a 5th chance, he could do it!!!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Was Shefter. He was vague. Didn't say a test. Called it a substance related relapse.
what else could it be ?? lol I thought surely he would not do this, but evidently he still thinks he can have his cake and eat it too!
On top of that he got a mild concussion today, so that might keep him out of the giants game.

All we can do is hope he makes it thru the season.

lukin2006

Reaction score
When is this organization going to draw the line on guys like Gregory. As a team, you wanna help the guy. But he also has to commit to wanting help..

Because at the point he is letting down himself, his team mates and the fans..

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Guys like Gregory should not be risked taking on. In the NFL, every starter on every team is cream of the crop. They are sifted through and gone over in every aspect of their talents and cherry picked on the limited roster, to fill a spot. Go out and snort some white powder up your nose and get caught and it's well into the season? And your team can't replace that limited open slot with a quality player. Now they have to bring in another team's reject and just end up filling an empty void with a warm body. When you do this to your team who put faith in you? I have no respect. If he turns out he was using, again, cut your losses and let him learn a hard life lesson. He's not a Cowboy to me, if he used again.