Rumor: Randy Gregory Relapse in August

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m recieving reports locally here too. I’m afraid there is validity to these. There’s a process involved.

Ren

Reaction score
Waste of a roster spot if true, the team had to have known before final cuts

lukin2006

Reaction score
What’s absurd is the NFL has problem with these guys being addicted to pain meds...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So basically that thread from a few weeks ago vaguely saying that Gregory was in trouble was right?

So many eggs on faces

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They were vague.

The secrecy over drug tests is bad for the NFL. It's never secret enough. *Something* comes out. And then we're all just pissed off at the player, at the league office, at the NFL, because we're speculating and don't know.

They should be open with the public about everything. Nobody wins by their secrecy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh you can still play and get stoned, just as long as the substance used is on the list approved by a small group of corporate fat cats.

Players choose to play, the NFL has their own rules and regardless how a fan feel about it that is the rule. Players are either smart enough to follow the rules and have a chance at money and fame or they can get stoned it is not that hard of a choice in my view. Plain and simple if you love weed that much to sacrifice your career then you have a big problem. Most people with an ounce of sense would not risk it over something like weed. Time for these guys to grow up

CB61

Reaction score
Sources in Dallas thought the league would decide whether to discipline Gregory last week, before Sunday's regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but the league still is studying the case and factoring in the steps that Gregroy has taken over the past month since his setback.

More and more, in one of the interesting and quiet trends around the league, the NFL has become more tolerant when a player violates the drug policy. It has softened its stance on drug policy perpetrators. There have been multiple examples this offseason of a player having a disputed test, with the league emphasizing treatment and support rather than discipline, which was one of the NFLPA's goals when the policy was reconfigured in 2014.

I saw that article 2 on 24/7 Sports unbelievable!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Afraid of being teased about it?!? That’s freakin’ hilarious! Whether or not my favorite football team is successful has absolutely NOTHING to do with my self worth, real OR imagined.

That said, I’m STILL a fan of America’s Team! Despite the fact that it’s been 23 years since their last Super Bowl, the Cowboys remain the most popular, discussed, analyzed, valuable, etc., etc.

Yup, teased. You specifically. I remember 2 years ago when we were attempting to take over first place and Washington beating Philly would have helped us but you stated you didn't want them to win "because you'd have to hear about it at work." You put your own fear of teasing ahead of what would help the team you support. That told me all I needed to know. I didn't say self-worth but it's a huge part of who you are (to an unhealthy extent, maybe? Not my call regardless.) Therefore, you're still a fan of the team in spite of the lack of success but of course there are no shortage of excuses for why we haven't had success because your fandom IS such a huge part of who you are and you'll protect it to no end. That's where the "conspiracies" enter the picture and now Mara hates the Cowboys above all, hiring henchmen in dark alleys to take us down all while risking his profitable ownership position because his hatred is so strong. That's my definition of hilarious.

cavemanct

Reaction score
Get rid of this bum. Can't stop smoking weed for millions of dollars.

ESisback

Reaction score
Agreed. If the player wants his money, he’s gotta follow their rules, no matter wrong and stupid and hypocritical!