Rumor: Zeke Turns Down Contract

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of it is probly the agent wanting to exclude clauses if he is suspended. I think most contracts have a clause that makes your guaranteed money void of suspended.
It does indeed impact the contract, I just can't recall how. Wonder how much his agent is getting on his nerves?

MyUserName

Reaction score
Yeah, it really is amazing how some of our fans act when they don't get what they want.
Not remotely the same thing. Zeke’s hold out and probable sit out directly impacts the team.

How does what we message board fans want or behave effect the team?

VACowboy

Reaction score
Those game checks are not much compared to what he's after. Bell gave up 14M in game checks last year. His play didn't work to his benefit but that doesn't seem to bother Elliott.

And I am laughing as some being angry at Elliott for not taking the offer, first of all they don't know what it is, when it was made by a guy that two days prior intimated he wasn't going to play the game. Which side is doing the moving here?

They're reacting to this "2nd highest RB contract", they do not know the details of this offer. Anyone recall hearing Booger brag about Aikman being the first 100M player? Most of that was funny money that he never saw.
All true. And I have no idea who will blink. I just think Zeke has a heck of a lot to lose.

JayFord

Reaction score
Well

Over/under 25 mentions of Elliott during the week 1 giants game if he holds out?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Zeke looked like he lost his home run/ break away speed last season. He needs to stay in shape. I think he will be even more lazy after he gets paid.

He got caught from behind a few times. Let him sit for a few years. Then let's see if he's worth anything. Frankly, I don't care for him anymore since he's goal isn't about winning.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Zeke is not the best RB in the league. He is a very good RB on a run first team who has been given the most carries of any RB. His yardage totals are at the top but his TDs are not because he rarely breaks anything past 12-15 yards and even those are rare. He is a 3 to 8 yard RB who gets the most carries and so he has good yardage numbers. Some may not agree but there are lots of RBs who could put up his numbers behind our OL if given the same number of touches. They’re in the draft every year. I say go get another one to pair with Pollard and be done with this narcissistic headcase.

Stick to appraising real estate.

If the Cowboys offensive line is solely responsible for this then the only thing they have left to do is walk on water.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not sure about that because they lose the game checks during suspensions. I don't know how the CBA addresses that.
I know if he reports by game 11 he gets the year accrued. But his bonus is spread out over the 4 years. His actual pay this year is 7 million, 4 of it he got up front. His agent wanted that bonus up front.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is what I’m thinking I don’t want to see anyone fired but dude has 2 years left and he’s getting a massive contract so who’s advising him?
His agent and Elliot had this plan for a while and our FO knew it. I don’t think the FO expected him to play the 5th year or under the tag. But was supposed to play this season. He was paid 4 million up front when he signed the contract. If he sits out I hope he has to pay it back.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Zeke has not played in 6 fewer games, your stats say he’s played in 18 fewer games. 18 fewer games and only 500 fewer yards. Those two are not close in pure running stats. But Gurley is far more than a running back.

My bad. I was reading that page wrong. Which completely obliterates the argument about Gurley and highest paid. Good catch.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GurlTo01.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00.htm

glimmerman

Reaction score
if he misses the entire season he wont play another game for the cowboys
And JJ may hold him unless he gets a huge trade for him. And might want part of the signing bonus back. Could cost Elliot 4 million of his bonus plus the 3.8 for this year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Which one is the one off? Gurley's contract or Bell's contract?

Gurley's for sure. The Rams weren't playing in the market so they simply had to guess were the franchise RB market was going and they agreed to go way above where it had been. Then comes Bell who is an unrestricted free agent exposed to the entire 32 team market. His deal fits the very definition of an arm's length transaction and a market value deal. Now, if Zeke gets Gurley money or more, I think that will set in place the scenario where their are in fact two seperate RB markets. One in which every team can bid and one in which you have to pay a premium to keep your player from hitting the market. That may be whats at play here. Dallas wants to pay market value and Zeke says pay me a premium to keep me from hitting the market.