Rumor: Zeke Turns Down Contract

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is a market for anything and everything that involves money.

All they need is a decent veteran with experience to team with Pollard. There will be RBs available who fit the bill after teams make their final cuts. I hope that it the plan.
It’s a gamble. But that’s what JJ is.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Honestly him missing two games could potentially work in the cowboys favor.

Offense is fine - zeke has more incentive to come back and maybe less leverage.

Offense is bad - zeke is right..... but then Prescott doesn’t look worth 35 mil.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Farrow has done op-eds. So has Clay Travis. Clay Travis has done objective pieces, as has Ronan Farrow. Just because you do opinion pieces doesn’t mean you can’t be an objective journalist also. Anderson Cooper has won many journalism awards despite also doing op-eds. They aren’t binary.
This is true. But "traditional" journalists were warned against doing op-ed pieces, particularly on the fields they covered because of the PERCEPTION of bias.
Columnists and editorial writers traditionally were journalists who left their particular coverage beats but had enough knowledge to offer opinions on those areas. They would be removed from their beats so as not to create a perception of bias.
Sports is a little different. The same principle applied by it was more loosely applied depending on the number of reporters you had working at your newspaper/broadcast station.

JayFord

Reaction score
I can’t even watch 13 reasons why now because this just ruined the mood I was in

blueblood70

Reaction score
Travis could have a legitimate source, someone who has communicated accurate information to him. Or it may a legitimate source who has miscommunicated information. Who knows? The legitimacy of sources becomes more fluidic as time goes by.
unless I see it break on national outlets, im not buying it..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. But that's the strange thing about our freedoms. We have them … freedom to speak, freedom to assemble, etc. They're great when we act responsibly (though some would argue the definition of "responsibly"). But when we don't use them "responsibly" our democracy can be dangerous.
We should not take our side conversation any further than this. Do not wish to put on my moderator hat. :laugh:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok, I just had a thought. It's probably stupid, but why not out it out there. I wonder if Demarco Murray would be interested in returning. Before I get taunted about this, let me explain. He's 31. He had a year off. He looked actually quite good with Tennessee. If we can trade Zeke and get Murray to come in for a year, that buys us time to let Pollard get settled in and learn how to be a starting RB.

Also, we'd stay competitive with a RB that likely knows the system, and can scout RBs for next draft.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cheaper to pay Zeke.

Its all about pride.
I don’t know if it’s cheaper. Would like to know exactly what Elliot’s agent is wanting. Guessing it comes down to guaranteed money and likely wants no clauses if he is suspended.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If the offense struggles and dak plays like crap then easy.. pay Zeke and Dak ain't getting a huge deal.

Win win.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with this scenario, is that none of those teams know what Zeke is asking for. Is it 15 per? 16? How much is guaranteed? How many years? What other incentives does he want written in? Etc. In my opinion, no one is going to get involved in this mess right now as it sits. Maybe a team does after some facts come out about the current offer and Zeke's demands.
At this point, if I was Jerry, I would let him sit and see what I have in Pollard and the RBC approach. I would also tell my son not to run his mouth to the media anymore until he is the one signing the checks. Jerry makes enough dumb comments without having help from junior.
We really don't know the if the devil is in the details, but the hard ball tactics have been in full swing. Can't believe everything we hear, BUT, if he is asking for more guaranteed money than Gurley, that's some brass cajones. And, he is demanding a lot considering the off-field conduct issues - will he be there for us or be suspended again?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Farrow has done op-eds. So has Clay Travis. Clay Travis has done objective pieces, as has Ronan Farrow. Just because you do opinion pieces doesn’t mean you can’t be an objective journalist also. Anderson Cooper has won many journalism awards despite also doing op-eds. They aren’t binary.
I respect your opinion. That is also my answer to your original question in retrospect of your latest reply.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We really don't know the if the devil is in the details, but the hard ball tactics have been in full swing. Can't believe everything we hear, BUT, if he is asking for more guaranteed money than Gurley, that's some brass cajones. And, he is demanding a lot considering the off-field conduct issues - will he be there for us or be suspended again?
Some of it is probly the agent wanting to exclude clauses if he is suspended. I think most contracts have a clause that makes your guaranteed money void of suspended.