Rumors swirling that Brees could be headed to Tampa for top pick

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
My wife works for the Saints, if this happens It will be Armageddon in New Orleans (insert Katrina joke here)....but that would be offensive

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!! :lmao:

From one sorry fan.......

"So help me God, if we trade Brees so we can get Jameis Winston, I will shift from hopeless apathy to actively hating the Saints".

"Actively hating" .... That's powerful lol

Elway just called Peyton..... "On second thought, retire" lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it if I were Tampa Bay. Too old. You have a chance to groom your QB for the next decade. That would interest me more.

Agreed.

The only exception is if you felt that you were definitely only a QB away from being a serious Superbowl contender for the next 2-3 years. Then I'd certainly entertain the idea of Brees.

But, yeah, given that they're obviously not in that sort of situation it's a much better idea to get your franchise QB out of the draft.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't see any way that Tampa wants Brees for the first overall pick. That would be ridiculously crazy. First overall pick for a couple of years? No way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any way that Tampa wants Brees for the first overall pick. That would be ridiculously crazy. First overall pick for a couple of years? No way.

I don't know. At least from Brees, you know what you're getting. I sure wouldn't want to bet my franchise's future on Jameis Winston.

To be honest, I think Tampa Bay's best move would be to fleece that madman Chip Kelly for all of his draft picks and let him have his prize in Mariota.

I see both of these quarterbacks having their value raised by the NFL's need to have 1st round quarterbacks in the draft.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't know. At least from Brees, you know what you're getting. I sure wouldn't want to bet my franchise's future on Jameis Winston.

To be honest, I think Tampa Bay's best move would be to fleece that madman Chip Kelly for all of his draft picks and let him have his prize in Mariota.

I see both of these quarterbacks having their value raised by the NFL's need to have 1st round quarterbacks in the draft.

Well, there would be no real future with Brees. He doesn't have much longer as a starting QB, I would imagine.

I understand what you're saying but he's just too old. Tampa would have to be insane IMO.

EST_1986

Reaction score
They said he was available, doubt that they would deny any rumors at this point.

I think it is all hogwash anyways, Brees and his contract are practically immovable.

Tampa has tons of space I believe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there would be no real future with Brees. He doesn't have much longer as a starting QB, I would imagine.

I understand what you're saying but he's just too old. Tampa would have to be insane IMO.

And I will definitely concede your point. Brees is up there in QB years.

But as I said, if I'm Tampa with the #1 pick, I'm trying to fleece Chip Kelly for everything I can get to allow him to draft Mariota.

The Buccaneers have a ton of needs and need a lot of picks, not just #1 overall.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
And I will definitely concede your point. Brees is up there in QB years.

But as I said, if I'm Tampa with the #1 pick, I'm trying to fleece Chip Kelly for everything I can get to allow him to draft Mariota.

The Buccaneers have a ton of needs and need a lot of picks, not just #1 overall.

Yeah, I'd trade with Philly too. It would have to be a boatload though.

EST_1986

Reaction score
They do but way too much guaranteed $$ for him IMO. If he we was 30 or 31, then a good move for Tampa. They should just stick it to Philly :)

It's a stupid move but they have the space to complete it. A 36 year old guy for a pair of 1st round pick including the #1 overall is insane

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Winston has bust written all over him.

He's about as mature as Johnny Football.

Titleist

Reaction score
If I'm Tampa, I do this move right now and don't look back. With an elite QB, great OLine, decent WR's, and a stout defense, they go from losers to contenders overnight. Not to mention they're in one of the weakest divisions in football.

Besides, Winston will be a bust. Simply doesn't have the intangibles/maturity to make it in the NFL.