Rumors swirling that Brees could be headed to Tampa for top pick

waving monkey

Reaction score
ex
Honestly....If Tampa Bay were to make that deal.....It might be the worst trade in NFL history.

Brees and 2 #1's for Winston

You just can't make this stuff up.:laugh:

Saint's would be in full rebuild mode.

Tampa taking on all that money.....and basically renting Brees for 2 years...then they are back to square one looking for a QB. That is so bad that i'd like to see it happen. It would be a train wreck of major proportions. :flagwave:

exactly

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Just the fact that this rumor is out there......ought to scare the crude out of free agents. I know I wouldn't sign w/ either club. So perhaps Bruce Carter might be re-thinking his options.:oops:

egn22

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it if I were Tampa Bay. Too old. You have a chance to groom your QB for the next decade. That would interest me more.

Agree completely, I like the idea of them drafting a young Winston as the QB of the future there. He already has weapons as well.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think you can make the argument they already are.

I actually think trading Graham was a brilliant move. Add a couple of #1 picks to the D.....replace Graham w/ Maxx Williams TE Minnesota in the 2nd

Saints might actually surprise.

CashMan

Reaction score
Honestly....If Tampa Bay were to make that deal.....It might be the worst trade in NFL history.

Brees and 2 #1's for Winston

You just can't make this stuff up.:laugh:

Saint's would be in full rebuild mode.

Tampa taking on all that money.....and basically renting Brees for 2 years...then they are back to square one looking for a QB. That is so bad that i'd like to see it happen. It would be a train wreck of major proportions. :flagwave:

Did you miss, what Oakland gave up for Palmer?

CashMan

Reaction score
This should not be a shock to anyone. Lovie does not like young QBs.

visionary

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it if I were Tampa Bay. Too old. You have a chance to groom your QB for the next decade. That would interest me more.

I would not do it either but they obviously don't believe there is a franchise QB in this draft and Winston has Ryan leaf written all over him

Rock meet hard place

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This should not be a shock to anyone. Lovie does not like young QBs.

Maybe he should call Rex Grossman? He's gotta be pushing 30 now.........

Grossman and Mike Glennon....now that is a winning combination

CashMan

Reaction score
Maybe he should call Rex Grossman? He's gotta be pushing 30 now.........

Grossman and Mike Glennon....now that is a winning combination

I do not think Lovie, will be successful in Tampa.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Depends what they get for #1 as far as how crazy Tampa is to trade it for Brees.

If they get the two 1's, a two and a one or two next year, I dunno...

1. Shane Ray
1. Dorial Green-Beckham
2. Cameron Erving
2. Cody Prewitt

Yeah, I dunno.

burmafrd

Reaction score
What is interesting is that since this came out yesterday, there have been no blanket denials by a Saints spokesman.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Lovie's won his division 3 times, and is over .500 for his career -- and never had a real quarterback.

Maybe he's wondering, what if?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is interesting is that since this came out yesterday, there have been no blanket denials by a Saints spokesman.

They said he was available, doubt that they would deny any rumors at this point.

I think it is all hogwash anyways, Brees and his contract are practically immovable.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Well, one thing is for sure.. we should take it to the Saints in their house this year.

rynochop

Reaction score
If it was a team that was just a qb away i could see it. Brees and Mike Evans would be a pretty nice combo.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Well Brees isn't going to have any fun with no Jimmy Graham to throw to. Brandon Cooks might be his only decent target there.