Russell Wilson (Samson) and his Delilah?

T-RO

Reaction score
Some here:
don't really care for music, do you?

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Pape

Reaction score
Some here:
don't really care for music, do you?

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah
thanks Leonard

Turk

Reaction score
This is sounding like a Baptist Revival meeting....

T-RO

Reaction score
This is sounding like a Baptist Revival meeting....

There is a two-dimensional world with the depth of cardboard. In that world.. you nailed it. I'm guessing you don't like music either.

Me?
Ciara/Wilson and Meghan Markle/Prince Harry seem like parallel paths. Lines from same song.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
Sounding like Chicago may be going all in on Wilson. I think it’s a huge mistake to not try to trade for him. Now is the time for us or it’s 40m for Dak. I’d take Wilson even with draft picks over 40m and Dak. And I like Dak.

T-RO

Reaction score
Sounding like Chicago may be going all in on Wilson. I think it’s a huge mistake to not try to trade for him. Now is the time for us or it’s 40m for Dak. I’d take Wilson even with draft picks over 40m and Dak. And I like Dak.

Two seasons into a $140 mil contract Wilson has decided to force his way out, which will torpedo the Seahawks coaches, players and fans for several years.

What happens when Wilson decides again that he doesn't want to honor his contract, or that he is still tired of getting hit?

ghst187

Reaction score
Two seasons into a $140 mil contract Wilson has decided to force his way out, which will torpedo the Seahawks coaches, players and fans for several years.

What happens when Wilson decides again that he doesn't want to honor his contract, or that he is still tired of getting hit?

a) no chance it would happen again
B) would it matter if we swung a SB win in those two years? Easily worth it.

T-RO

Reaction score
a) no chance it would happen again
B) would it matter if we swung a SB win in those two years? Easily worth it.

a. How do you figure? His wife says her aim is to become billionaire. They aren't on schedule.
b. How do Cowboys field a good team with Wilson's contract (no free agents) and no #1 picks the next two years (at least)?

ghst187

Reaction score
a. How do you figure? His wife says her aim is to become billionaire. They aren't on schedule.
b. How do Cowboys field a good team with Wilson's contract (no free agents) and no #1 picks the next two years (at least)?

When have we brought in any FAs of significance? Last years haul got cut, IR, and trash heap bin revival Aldon. Taking on Wilson’s contract now would be better than handing Dak an even bigger contract and Wilson is a significant upgrade. Think we’d steadily hang 40 points per game. There are still useful players in rounds outside of 1.
I don’t see a price too high for a top 3 QB. If you check the last 20 something SB winners you will see that over 80% of them had top QB play. There were a few with Uber elite defenses but those much rarer and harder to build.

kskboys

Reaction score
How about realizing that Seattle is not the place he wants to be anymore? I personally think that from the moment Carol let his ego over ride common sense on that last play of the SB, Russel Wilson started to feel dissatisfied there. And as an elite QB in the NFL he expects the team management to work hard to protect him and they have not.

Seems more likely then your truly WAY OUT THERE biblical speculation.
If Wilson is elite as he is claiming, then why is it wrong to put the ball in his hands at the end of the game?

T-RO

Reaction score
When have we brought in any FAs of significance? Last years haul got cut, IR, and trash heap bin revival Aldon. Taking on Wilson’s contract now would be better than handing Dak an even bigger contract and Wilson is a significant upgrade. Think we’d steadily hang 40 points per game. There are still useful players in rounds outside of 1.
I don’t see a price too high for a top 3 QB. If you check the last 20 something SB winners you will see that over 80% of them had top QB play. There were a few with Uber elite defenses but those much rarer and harder to build.

No doubt that SB winners need top QBs.

But all you need to do is look at Desaun Watson and see...
Great QB + Weak overall roster = losing season

What you are suggesting would doom our defense to be dregs for the next five years.

T-RO

Reaction score
Biggest winner w/Wilson situation? The New York Jets.

Seattle eats $40 mil in dead cap--torpedoing their roster, and has no quarterback. Who has Seattle's 2022 #1 draft pick? The Jets.

ghst187

Reaction score
No doubt that SB winners need top QBs.

But all you need to do is look at Desaun Watson and see...
Great QB + Weak overall roster = losing season

What you are suggesting would doom our defense to be dregs for the next five years.

So the alternative is signing Dak, an inferior QB, to an even larger contract.....?
Great QB play is more correlated to winning than great defense. And sadly, it looks like we have to choose one, and only one.

T-RO

Reaction score
So the alternative is signing Dak, an inferior QB, to an even larger contract.....?
Great QB play is more correlated to winning than great defense. And sadly, it looks like we have to choose one, and only one.

"Sad" is a good way to describe where we sit.

-We have squandered mega-cap dollars on guys like Zeke and Jaylon.
-We are obligated elsewhere (big $ to Smith, Collins, Martin, Tank)
-Virtually no young elite affordable players
-We don't have a good QB on a rookie salary
-We don't have Tom Brady playing for us at $25 mil per season
-We do have a top-ten QB demanding top-two dollars
-We have mediocre coaches and an old drunk owner

There are no quick and easy fixes. None. Trading for Wilson only makes things worse.

ghst187

Reaction score

There are no quick and easy fixes. None. Trading for Wilson only makes things worse.

agree with all but two points. We do have Ceedee on a rookie deal and Gallup also. Diggs and Wilson and Gregory are also good talent on cheap deals. Def agree was idiotic to pay Zeke and Jaylon. Worst decisions in years. Agree on the coaches.
I do however think trading for Russell Wilson makes us better. Top 3 QB with a load of offensive firepower. I just feel like we are getting ready to give a fringe too 10 QB top 3 money, I’d rather actually get a top 3 QB even sans a few draft picks. If we try to go cheap, say let Dak walk and pay Dalton starter money...then we will end up burning multiple draft picks to move up for a QB anyway.
A) pay Dak top 3 money, get fringe top 10 play and use draft on D but have no cap space for years to come
B) let Dak walk, trade for Wilson with two firsts and probably a second, get a slightly better contract but massively better play, not much cap space, remaining picks on D
C) let Dak walk, pay Dalton starter money, use two firsts and a second to move up to get a QB in this draft,remaining picks on D, and have some money to shop but also count 2021 as a lost season.

ghst187

Reaction score

If you have a fourth option that you see in addition to the three I posted I’d love to hear it, seriously. I’m not seeing a lot of great choices here.

T-RO

Reaction score
C) let Dak walk, pay Dalton starter money, use two firsts and a second to move up to get a QB in this draft, remaining picks on D, and have some money to shop but also count 2021 as a lost season.

I might do something like this...or just load up picks to build a great team around a future quarterback.

Sign-and-trade Dak is interesting.

We got Romo as free agent, Dak as 4th round surprise. Perhaps we can find unexpected gold once again in a project draft player...or can rejuvenate someone like was seen with the Tanahill story. Find an unexpected treasure.

Maybe we stay put at #10 and grab Mac Jones. (not sold on him but intrigued)

If you have major draft capital and available cap space...you have options. You haven't painted yourself into a corner.

ghst187

Reaction score
I might do something like this...or just load up picks to build a great team around a future quarterback.

Sign-and-trade Dak is interesting.

We got Romo as free agent, Dak as 4th round surprise. Perhaps we can find unexpected gold once again in a project draft player...or can rejuvenate someone like was seen with the Tanahill story. Find an unexpected treasure.

Maybe we stay put at #10 and grab Mac Jones. (not sold on him but intrigued)

If you have major draft capital and available cap space...you have options. You haven't painted yourself into a corner.

I hate the thought that comes with this that 2021 is pretty much a lost season and I also think we’d need to package picks and move up for the second best QB in this draft. But....i could get on board too.
Hate the thought of being married to Dak and have zero cap room for the next few years.