Russell Wilson (Samson) and his Delilah?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Russell Wilson is in the news big time. Before we get to that...some background and musings.

Russell Wilson is a man of deep faith. Serving God is Priority One. Didn't have a sip of alcohol until he was 21 and doesn't drink much now. Active in the community, he seemingly always says and does the right thing. Never seemed to complain or criticize. His values are humility, service, and seeking goals beyond this world. He purportedly practiced celibacy before marrying musical artist Ciara. I respect him and his values, truly.

His choice of a wife in Ciara made me wonder. She might be a very fine person (I've never heard otherwise) but like similar artists, she has enjoyed a much more worldly and sophisticated life-style prior to meeting Wilson. She's not short on "worldly" ambition, telling Cosmo magazine "No dream is too big. I want to be a billionaire." And it's worth noting that she certainly doesn't hesitate to deploy her obvious sex appeal to enhance her career. Nothing at all wrong here, but...

I'm viewing this from afar and totally indulging some conjecture. Does it seems like Wilson was taking a bit of an offramp from Priority One....or at least indulging a distraction with a wife who seemed to be driven by differing life objectives? Love and desire can sure do that to any of us, no?

I decided to file it away. How would Wilson's career evolve with Ciari at his side? Would he change? Would they find a way to join their strengths and meet up in values?

Ciara and Russell married in 2016. Little has changed in Wilson's play...he's still outstanding. No Samson-esque fall. Still strong, though no Super Bowl appearances (he had 2 in his first 4 seasons). Russell and the wife seem extremely happy and have had two babies together. And Wilson was just named NFL's Man of the Year.

Hmmm...but some unusual changes of character with Wilson. Few months back I heard Wilson speak of "his greatness"... which seemed very different from the formerly ever-humble man. And then this last week he publicly threw teammates under the bus and is apparently eager to escape Seattle.

I just can't help wondering about the power of a woman's words, esp. an ambitoius one with differing values. Things I imagine such a driven woman might say:
"It's so dreary and depressing here in Seattle." (her career would improve in New York, no?)
"You are the only reason this team wins at all."
"They are getting you killed and won't do a thing to fix it."
"You deserve better."
"I'm tired of this nonsense. Are you going to man up and do something?"

So yes, Russell Wilson is now in the news. One of many quarterbacks exploring new player power, and seeking their freedom to go elsewhere. And at his side, his lovely wife.

I think you’re onto something with his wife’s influence potentially causing him to act out of character and ‘going Hollywood’.

I was all in on a potential trade for him but it cooled the more I learned.

T-RO

Reaction score
Icarus's flight to the sun isn't going well.

If you don't know Icarus...try these song lyrics instead:
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim
One might possibly get away with pissing off your teammates, or coach, or city. Even your GM. But you start messing with the entire NFL franchise, and all it's mega-billion dollar media ties...
Things will not end well for you. Trying to bail two years into a ultra-lucrative agreement and engineer a destination of your choice... and you will most certainly get the league's attention. Not in a sunny way.

Sean Payton signed Taysom Hill to a farsical contract that will never get paid out. What's interesting?
He used a signature dollar amt aimed directly to mess with Russell Wilson's mind.

Dak's agent is slamming Russell. Coach Payton is messing with Russell. There are now two teams left on Wilson's wish list. Meanwhile Russell's list of enemies is growing by the day.

This could so easily happen to any of us. Vanity kills.

Cmac

Reaction score
For some posts or threads.....all you can do is:
1361621414_c723d73871.jpg