Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting tidbit of un-reported news from Russia overnight: one of my wife's friend has a son who is deployed in Ukraine with the Russian army. Apparently, his unit along with multiple other units in the north of Ukraine are being withdrawn and are returning to Russia. The message circulating within Russia is, "mission accomplished".

Sounds like more propaganda to me. I haven't seen anything in the Russia media about it yet.
If true, wait until many of the Russian soldiers learn the truth about what they were doing at some point after returning home.

I suspect if Russia leaves it will be because they are running out of supplies and resources and know their losses will increase if they cannot resupply fast enough or do not leave soon.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Absolutely staggering to see what's taking place in Ukraine militarily.

Putin's speech today sounded positively unhinged with talk of 'purifying Russia of traitors and scum' and how many Russians abroad have chosen to live luxurious lifestyles and 'who cannot do without foie gras, oysters or so-called gender freedoms'.

A quick check of 2020s GDP values for various countries throughout the world is very eye opening. Russia's GDP is less than Italy's and just slightly above Spain's, you combine those numbers with oligarchs siphoning off billions and you begin to see the difficulty of maintaining a modern military. We are seeing the real consequences of an authoritarian leadership trying to flex it's perceived rather than real might.

BTW for those that haven't seen it this documentary, on Netflix and Youtube, gives an idea into the mindset of the Ukrainian people and how far they will go and what they will endure for their freedom.

They elected a President who promised he would take the country into the EU and literally days away from making this a reality he pivoted to Russia and Putin, what followed is absolutely incredible. (turn closed captions on)

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Interesting take on one reason the Russian military seems rather ineffective, not one I've heard...

triplets_93

Reaction score
Military aviation expert Justin Bronk, Royal United Services Institute Research Fellow, Airpower & Technology, joins Ward from London to discuss how and why the Russian Air Force has fallen short during the initial phase of the invasion of Ukraine and why a no fly zone wouldn't work (and actually would solve Putin’s problem for him).

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Might the best thing Arnold has ever done. This is better than any speech he may have made in a movie.

Well, Last Action Hero would like to have a chat with you. Seriously though, I admire his effort.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
So the Russians have lost 14,000 men. And just a couple days ago Zelensky said Ukraine has lost only 1300. Seems to be going quite well for Ukraine, they should invade Russia.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Russia continues to be stalled on all fronts. They have resorted to a war of attrition since Russia apparently realizes it can’t defeat the Ukrainian forces.