Rusty's 3 year plan (Buckle Up)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well we're just all spitballing here but none of those dudes on that list are gonna push the market to 65 or 70... So I believe Prescott's deal is the one that's gonna set the new market regardless of what it is but there's not gonna be one pushing his number if they wait till 2025 but that's my opinion I'm not a Capologist and I don't know anything about what they're planning...

I just think fans are worried about him getting a big extension now and we still never get anywhere and I don't think they're under the gun to give him an extension or redo his deal this year I think they could roll with it...

maybe just maybe jerryd that frustrated and upset over that last game that he leaves both of them on that one year deal.... Make them both prove it and then if necessary we start over in 2025 completely new quarterback new coaching staff not necessarily having to blow it all up but it could be a win win for everyone...

I mean, on one hoof, I like Dak, but on the other hoof, I think itd be good for some sort of prove it situation to arrive. Mike and Dak need to prove they can get us at least to an NFCC next year, or we need to get a new coach or QB. So, I think you and I are on a similar thought process, just a slightly different way of saying it haha.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean, on one hoof, I like Dak, but on the other hoof, I think itd be good for some sort of prove it situation to arrive. Mike and Dak need to prove they can get us at least to an NFCC next year, or we need to get a new coach or QB. So, I think you and I are on a similar thought process, just a slightly different way of saying it haha.
Yes and if we both get our way we could end up having a lot more worse years before they get better.... I mean we are getting rid of a Super Bowl coach and a top ten quarterback which this year just played that in at least MVP consideration might have been one of his best years... And we still have to remember the lack of a strong run game a physical offensive line and a defense have been more to do with our playoff losses,,

so making these big changes can end up being some really down years for the Cowboys so if fans were hoping for the better they might have to wait once we make these big moves...​

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes and if we both get our way we could end up having a lot more worse years before they get better.... I mean we are getting rid of a Super Bowl coach and a top ten quarterback which this year just played that in at least MVP consideration might have been one of his best years... And we still have to remember the lack of a strong run game a physical offensive line and a defense have been more to do with our playoff losses,,

so making these big changes can end up being some really down years for the Cowboys so if fans were hoping for the better they might have to wait once we make these big moves...​

Sure, and the thing I want them to focus on, as I've made clear, is stopping the run on defence and running the ball better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They haven't been on track for 28 years. The only constant in that time is the Jones clan. So any plan for the future that involves them running the show is a flawed plan.
The plan is to win despite Jerry which is hard to do but not impossible. The older you get, the less involved you get generally speaking. Who knows if Stephen will be any different but there’s hope.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
The plan is to win despite Jerry which is hard to do but not impossible. The older you get, the less involved you get generally speaking. Who knows if Stephen will be any different but there’s hope.
Yeah I have a lil hope.. only because Stephen won't be trying to prove that the SBs weren't just because of Jimmy.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope Stephen continues the Jerry legend but goes cheaper on players. He can save money buying crap and winning nothing and you guys will still be in here making plans. lol