Twitter: Ryan Clark's take on Shedeur Sanders playing for Dallas

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Is Shadeur Sanders even good let alone a first round pick? I guess it's possible Deion could convince Dallas to take his son in he first round assuming he falls to them. I'm not sure how Deion prevents a team from drafting his son if he is indeed a top ten talent.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Shedeur wasn't Deion's kid no one would talk about him, let alone project him as a 1st round draft pick. He is the QB version of Bobby Carpenter.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah, for a college QB Shedeur takes a lot of sacks.

Now how much of that is poor pocket awareness or just having a crappy oline?

I dont know, probably a combination of the two....................I would really be hesitant burning a 1st rounder on this kid.
Probably both, I agree, but I also think it leads to bad habits if not fixed quickly. He can’t do that in the NFL or he‘s toast. Get rid of the ball! By the end of the year he just had that Drew Bledsoe thing near the end of his career where he’s just a tackle dummy back there. Now if he had Primetime’s moves, I would draft the dude in a heartbeat, but looks like the genes on that swam on by.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is Shadeur Sanders even good let alone a first round pick? I guess it's possible Deion could convince Dallas to take his son in he first round assuming he falls to them. I'm not sure how Deion prevents a team from drafting his son if he is indeed a top ten talent.
If he's a top 10 talent, the only way he goes to the Cowboys is if he refuses to play for any team that drafts him. Forcing that team to trade him to the Cowboys. That would cost a boatload. But I wouldn't put it past Jerry. They love the attention it would bring.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Before the draft, they expressed interest in being Cowboys.
And you think Cowboys would’ve passed them up? They will have a chance to draft Shedeur. He is not this elite 1st overall pick people think he is right now. Maybe that changes. He for sure isn’t the prospect that those guys you listed were.

raven55

Reaction score
just because his name is sanders doesn't mean he will be anything so shut that down. and why is so many people upset over a pass rusher who can't play linebacker all you have to see there is the all 22 he looks like a lost lamb back there in coverage. get rid of him now and get some draft picks although the dumb people in the front office and you know who i mean jerry's little party boy little stevie probadly would get a 5th for him and giving themselves high fives so that is that. but that would leave you with just signing cee de but none of this gonna happen because of the idiots we have in charge

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And you think Cowboys would’ve passed them up? They will have a chance to draft Shedeur. He is not this elite 1st overall pick people think he is right now. Maybe that changes. He for sure isn’t the prospect that those guys you listed were.
I'm confused how we got to this point? :huh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is why fans of every other team hate Dallas.
Dallas has zero draft capital at this time to go get Shedeur Sanders in 2025.
Scouts say he is a top 5 pick.

But I would be very willing to start with a young QB in 2025.
Unfortunately, I think that means a pretty full rebuild.
And you add Shedeur but let CeeDee and Micah both walk.
Add a franchise LT picked top 10 in 2026 and a round 2 WR in 2025 to grow with Shedeur.

But a quick bottom out 2-year turn around wouldn't be worst case scenario by any means.

It is still goofy to talk about nationally untilt he team is in position to make something like that happen.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am being completely serious when I ask….why is hiring Deion Sanders and then drafting his QB son considered even remotely a good idea?. Deion still hasn’t proven he’s a great coach at the college level much less the pros.

And Shedeur Sanders is way, way overrated in my book. I’ve seen him play four games and he’s a good college QB. But he has an average arm and was manhandled by the PAC 12 teams last year that had lots of NFL talent. Right now in my opinion, Shadeur is a Day 2 level QB, probably a backup at best.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I am being completely serious when I ask….why is hiring Deion Sanders and then drafting his QB son considered even remotely a good idea?. Deion still hasn’t proven he’s a great coach at the college level much less the pros.

And Shedeur Sanders is way, way overrated in my book. I’ve seen him play four games and he’s a good college QB. But he has an average arm and was manhandled by the PAC 12 teams last year that had lots of NFL talent. Right now in my opinion, Shadeur is a Day 2 level QB, probably a backup at best.
It's the kind of circus move that appeals to the hillbilly.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
What is your opinion on this and is Shedeur on the list of QBs you as Cowboys fans would want the front office to look into drafting?

Deion can preach all he wants about controlling where his son is going to play at the next level, but the truth of the manner is he doesn't control squat! His son will sign and play for whatever team walks their draft choice up to the presenter who is announcing the team that is drafting him and you can bet the farm it won't be the Commissioner of the NFL who is announcing the pick. Deion is going to cost his son bank when he falls in the draft because nobody wants to deal with this over hyped/controlling father................. Great player, lousy coach!

John813

Reaction score
All the Cowboys need is more nepotism.

What could go wrong?