Twitter: Ryan Clark's take on Shedeur Sanders playing for Dallas

Flamma

Reaction score
This is why fans of every other team hate Dallas.
Dallas has zero draft capital at this time to go get Shedeur Sanders in 2025.
Scouts say he is a top 5 pick.

But I would be very willing to start with a young QB in 2025.
Unfortunately, I think that means a pretty full rebuild.
And you add Shedeur but let CeeDee and Micah both walk.
Add a franchise LT picked top 10 in 2026 and a round 2 WR in 2025 to grow with Shedeur.

But a quick bottom out 2-year turn around wouldn't be worst case scenario by any means.

It is still goofy to talk about nationally untilt he team is in position to make something like that happen.
Do the Cowboys ever do this? Cowboys don't rebuild that way. They never trade their good players for picks and start over. They keep things going and bottom out at around .500 and build from there. How this offseason plays out will be very telling. There's still a very good possibility they don't deviate from the SOP at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What is your opinion on this and is Shedeur on the list of QBs you as Cowboys fans would want the front office to look into drafting?

who cares what these people are saying especially about a player who's still in college who by the way is gonna have to prove himself this year or he's gonna end up a third or fourth rounder or worse so we won't even have to worry about it but I do not think the Dallas Cowboys are just gonna pick a guy because of the name on his jersey used to play for us deon Sanders wasn't even the Cowboys for life he was a hired hit man I appreciate his very short stint here but I don't even consider him one of the greatest Cowboys ever he's just one of the greatest NFL players that played for like 4 teams a couple of them were our major rivals by the way...

Why are we even bothering listening to this or even putting it on our front page when it's not even a reality this guy might not even get picked in the draft he may not even play well this year he could quit football I mean look at all the money he's getting from college now... I could care less what some of these people are saying about who might go to the Dallas Cowboys and why because it seems like every name is connected to us because it's gonna be at the top of every newscast and it's gonna be clicked on a lot because it has something to do with the Dallas Cowboys...​
This is literally a non story is it opinion about a player who's still in college who we have no idea where he's gonna go in the draft and no comment from our organization literally it's just straight up wild swinging of opinion about something that's not even a story it can't be a story the kids not even in the draft he still has to go play improve himself to the NFL draft experts.. Right now if you want my opinion this guy's maybe 4th rounder at best like if he went out right now I wouldn't take him before the fourth round..​

blueblood70

Reaction score
All the Cowboys need is more nepotism.

What could go wrong?
Right, I mean these people got all of you I mean this is an opinion by a person not close to our organization was no idea about anything about a player who's still in college who may not even get drafted.... They label the Dallas Cowboys at the top of the headline talk about who could fit with the Dallas Cowboys and you're gonna get a lot of good feedback and clicks so yeah it makes for a nice story but every single player available in free agency rumors for trays they all put them with the Dallas cowboy headline on purpose for this very reason so people could get up in arms about a non story...

By the way all this nepotism why don't you show me how are the Dallas Cowboys are any different from any other team I remember bill Parcells used to take players and coaches everywhere he went he had his favorites other teams do this to their coaches Dan Quinn brought at least a dozen it happens..

They also hire ex players to be on their coaching staff it's very normal in sports to do this so show me something the Dallas Cowboys have done just for the sake of nepotism I'm talking about players and coaches because they haven't done anything different than I've seen around all of sports or just around the NFL I mean it's both I mean this is common practice to bring in players and coaches that are linked to your organization somehow that's not nepotism that's just how it's done.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Do the Cowboys ever do this? Cowboys don't rebuild that way. They never trade their good players for picks and start over. They keep things going and bottom out at around .500 and build from there. How this offseason plays out will be very telling. There's still a very good possibility they don't deviate from the SOP at all.
They do not. And the status quo says they would extend Dak and try to win the division the next couple years.
But if Stephen really is taking over he may want to put his own stamp on things and fill a team with young top 10 picks that are cheap for 4 years.

But again the real point is, it doesn't stop the talk shows.
Same as they will have the Lakers trading for a superstar with zero assets to give up.
It is maddening as a non-fan of that team to hear complete goofiness.

conner01

Reaction score
He's not going to be able to dictate where he wants to go; otherwise, Myles Garrett and Jaylen Ramsay and Kyle Pitts would be Dallas Cowboys now.
Exactly. He is going to the team that drafts him. Very few have been able to force trades and he’s not one who will be able to

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was at least part of the point…they had no control over who took them
As I said above….i get that but my point was Shedeur is not the prospect those guys are. Shedeuer is not even a first rounder right now. Travis Hunter I get. He’s going to be a top pick. Shedeur as of now is that guy though all it takes is a year to change that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
As I said above….i get that but my point was Shedeur is not the prospect those guys are. Shedeuer is not even a first rounder right now. Travis Hunter I get. He’s going to be a top pick. Shedeur as of now is that guy though all it takes is a year to change that.
I'm not sure if you're correct...Walter Football has him as the #1 pick and while they may be off or just going for clicks, I'm pretty sure he's a first round prospect at this point
Pro football network has him as the 5th pick and highest taken QB as well. The big names won't really release 2025 info until after the draft, but you don't think Mel Kiper and all the other big names are gonna list him in their Way Too Early mock drafts?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am being completely serious when I ask….why is hiring Deion Sanders and then drafting his QB son considered even remotely a good idea?. Deion still hasn’t proven he’s a great coach at the college level much less the pros.

And Shedeur Sanders is way, way overrated in my book. I’ve seen him play four games and he’s a good college QB. But he has an average arm and was manhandled by the PAC 12 teams last year that had lots of NFL talent. Right now in my opinion, Shadeur is a Day 2 level QB, probably a backup at best.
to be honest so far he is a worse version of the guy they just shipped out of chicago...but his last name is Sanders....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're correct...Walter Football has him as the #1 pick and while they may be off or just going for clicks, I'm pretty sure he's a first round prospect at this point
Pro football network has him as the 5th pick and highest taken QB as well. The big names won't really release 2025 info until after the draft, but you don't think Mel Kiper and all the other big names are gonna list him in their Way Too Early mock drafts?
From everything I read the draft is considered weak quarterback wise and it’s gonna be one of those drafts without a QB at the top of the draft.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
When did Shadeur Sanders become NFL material, much less sought after in the league?

Blimey, Coach FameTime, get a winning record for Shadeur before being presumptuous (along with celebrity-hungry fans) about your son's chances. As if he could pick and choose.

If the NFL does take a look, his forte might be catching the ball and running with it.
There’s like a zero chance he’ll ever be as good as Dak on his worst day

Cmac

Reaction score
This Board couldn't handle that thought.