Twitter: S Malik Hooker to Visit Cowboys

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seems like Quinn is just wanting to gather up all his old guys that he was a failure and embarrassment with in Atlanta.

What's the definition of insanity again?
umm first off chill, a few vets that know how to run system on one year deals to transition young guys into the scheme is the NORM around the nfl..new scheme needs some players that can come in and know it and help teach it to young players.. we have Wilson and will draft few that will need help learning the scheme. Fans are insane not coaches , coaches are doing their job and being judged by keyboard hero's..smh

btw anywhere Parcells went, he brought as many players and coaches he could with him to his new gig.. yet when ours do it its looked down upon..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
umm first off chill, a few vets that know how to run system on one year deals to transition young guys into the scheme is the NORM around the nfl..new scheme needs some players that can come in and know it and help teach it to young players.. we have Wilson and will draft few that will need help learning the scheme. Fans are insane not coaches , coaches are doing their job and being judged by keyboard hero's..smh

btw anywhere Parcells went, he brought as many players and coaches he could with him to his new gig.. yet when ours do it its looked down upon..
Does it ever become hard defending all the decisions of a franchise with 3 Wild Card wins in the last quarter of a century? That must be tiring work.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
It's weird. Sometimes when these coordinators become head coaches you assume their team's strength will be that side of the ball and be really good at it, but it doesn't always work. Go back as far as Brian Billick. He was an OC and had some decent offenses in Minnesota but when he got to Baltimore, if I recall, his offenses were really pedestrian and they won on the backs of that defense.

Maybe Quinn's ceiling is as a DC where he can focus just on the defense whereas in Atlanta as HC he was getting pulled in so many directions.

Could be a Wade Phillips type of situation. Pretty good DC, meh HC...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don’t see why we’d shoehorn Jaylon into LDE when we have Armstrong or Anae that can play that spot.
Ideally when you have defenders who cam play multiple roles, it allows the DC to be "multiple" without having to run a bunch substitutes on and off the field. Offenses like to run Tempo now and having guys like Neal or Kazee that can play multiple roles without losing any or much, is ideal. I'm not saying Jaylon can absolutely do it, just suggesting the possibility.

When time, always sub in the guys who are best at the role you need.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Does it ever become hard defending all the decisions of a franchise with 3 Wild Card wins in the last quarter of a century? That must be tiring work.
NOT EVEN CLOSE!

IM DIEHARD AND TRUE BLUE FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE, THAT WHAT A REAL FAN IS, EVEN IN THE WORST OF TIMES YOU DEFEND THE TEAM AT ALL COSTS..

you think philly fans who waited 60 years for ONE SB stopped defending their team>? KC waited 50 years for another SB? many teams havent one one yet or have nearly as big of droughts as we ahve..at least we have been to WC games and played in the second round. Teams like TB and Cle went of 15year no playoff appearance drought, their fans give up? nope ..

we are waiting on number 6 , perspective !

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
NOT EVEN CLOSE!

IM DIEHARD AND TRUE BLUE FAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE, THAT WHAT A REAL FAN IS, EVEN IN THE WORST OF TIMES YOU DEFEND THE TEAM AT ALL COSTS..

you think philly fans who waited 60 years for ONE SB stopped defending their team>? KC waited 50 years for another SB? many teams havent one one yet or have nearly as big of droughts as we ahve..at least we have been to WC games and played in the second round. Teams like TB and Cle went of 15year no playoff appearance drought, their fans give up? nope ..

we are waiting on number 6 , perspective !
So, a "real fan" according to you defends their chosen team even when they think they are wrong? Fans aren't allowed to questions decisions made by the team? You have to just blindly support no matter what?

erod

Reaction score
Fascination with who? Kazee?

He only played 4 games last year before getting hurt. Hard to blame him for a bad Falcons pass defense.
Neal and Kazee both coming here and one off an Achilles tear.

Their secondary has been awful for a long time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So, a "real fan" according to you defends their chosen team even when they think they are wrong? Fans aren't allowed to questions decisions made by the team? You have to just blindly support no matter what?
Fair weather fans like yourself only support them when they're winning Super Bowls. The rest of the time y'all just whine a lot and probably root for the hottest team of the year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ideally when you have defenders who cam play multiple roles, it allows the DC to be "multiple" without having to run a bunch substitutes on and off the field. Offenses like to run Tempo now and having guys like Neal or Kazee that can play multiple roles without losing any or much, is ideal. I'm not saying Jaylon can absolutely do it, just suggesting the possibility.

When time, always sub in the guys who are best at the role you need.
I think Jaylon, on top of all else, is also a crappy rusher.

He had some sacks and pressures when all was clicking in 2018, but I don't recall him getting anywhere close to home otherwise when sent after the QB.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fair weather fans like yourself only support them when they're winning Super Bowls. The rest of the time y'all just whine a lot and probably root for the hottest team of the year.
Just curious, but are you living in some kind of simulation where its 1995 every year?

Hi, I'm from the future, and it's been a quarter of a century with only 3 wild card wins and when you decide to join us one day you'll be on a message board calling people "fair weather" after a 6-10 season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
So Tuesday kazee. Wednesday hooker. I really hope we make a move on hooker. Kid is only 24 and can change his whole career
I'm hoping for Hooker as well.

The upside is huge.

The floor is also pretty low though.

I'd say Kazee has the advantage due to the Quinn tie.

I'm not even sure it'll come down to money, as they have to know what each is looking for at this point.

I just think Hooker has the chance to be one of the top safeties in the game, Kazee is a bit more safe.

I'll be happy with either as it almost definitely puts an end to the Xavier Woods era.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Just curious, but are you living in some kind of simulation where its 1995 every year?

Hi, I'm from the future, and it's been a quarter of a century with only 3 wild card wins and when you decide to join us one day you'll be on a message board calling people "fair weather" after a 6-10 season.

Hahahaha this absolutely had me rolling.