Twitter: S Malik Hooker to Visit Cowboys

CWR

Reaction score
I mean if we are being realistic I have no issue with bringing Woods back on a one year deal and drafting a guy. I just don't understand what the objective is here because there's really nothing out there that's not a injury risk. Tre Boston is out there if I'm not mistaken but they clearly don't like him since he's out there all the time it seems.

They just simply did not have the offseason I expected when they announced Dak would only count 22 million against the cap.

The problem is the market on safeties. You're right Boston for some reason never interested them. I would take the gamble on Hooker for potential or Kazee, who was never hurt before this injury. We need talent back there and we both know they won't be over committing to either player. I think if we get one of them and a LB like KJ Wright we will be in a good spot, especially with Neal as well. Then hopefully Surtain falls to us. We still need help at DT though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be honest Woods was decent until he fell off a cliff in 2020 with the rest of the defense. Giving him a one year deal at the veteran's minimum as a depth guy wouldn't be a horrible move.
I agree. Pretty much the whole defense took a step back. He was no exception. Just as a placeholder I wouldn't be against it honestly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The problem is the market on safeties. You're right Boston for some reason never interested them. I would take the gamble on Hooker for potential or Kazee, who was never hurt before this injury. We need talent back there and we both know they won't be over committing to either player. I think if we get one of them and a LB like KJ Wright we will be in a good spot, especially with Neal as well. Then hopefully Surtain falls to us. We still need help at DT though.
I've come to grips that this defense just won't be good until some of these draft picks flourish. Gotta have a good defensive draft. That's a start.

Carson

Reaction score
Ah, but corners? We'll draft the >bleep< out of them.
The general consensus is / was Surtain and Farley were top 15 picks. Farley will slide due to injury and Horn is likely a top 15 guy

Moehrig isn’t top 10 value. But I’d love him in the 20s

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The general consensus is / was Surtain and Farley were top 15 picks. Farley will slide due to injury and Horn is likely a top 15 guy

Agreed and this is why I would prefer a small trade back from 10 to 14-16 and pickup a 2nd. They will have to trade up in the 2nd to high 20's to get Moehrig.

MarkP88

Reaction score

Yup, I wasn't suggesting drafting Moehrig that high, just making the general point that the team is willing to invest a lot in the CB position, and virtually nothing in the S position. Neither of which will look all that great without a good front 7, to my mind.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They are meeting with all three. Then discussing with coaching staff. Then making a decision. At least. Thats how a normal FO is run. So I can hope thats what they are doing.
I would sleep better at night if I knew this to be true.

raven55

Reaction score
if you noticed jerry never says to the fans about the losing seasons which if you look at it is 24 or the lack of talent or even the dumb moves he makes in free agency that he's sorry for his goofy moves must be the whiskey influence. So to wrap up this just remember at the end of this season when Dak has 5000 yards on his record and troubles getting into the red zone, no winning in the playoffs, and the talking heads making excuses for why everything when the way it did especially as Newton sips his coffee. That we are going to be reassured that with jerry's next Draft we're going to set the NFL on fire. And above all keep buying my over expensive products. As i said before see everybody at the Super 2022 draft