Twitter: S Malik Hooker to Visit Cowboys

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'd sign both if it were up to me and eliminate the need to draft a safety. I'd like to go into this draft needing to use picks on a corner, defensive tackle, O Lineman, some mid-late round speed at WR and a Fullback, yes I want Ben Mason here and Ill gladly burn a 5th on him maybe even a late 4.

bewp7

Reaction score
they have to risk and sign hooker,

he is a true ball hawk but he is risky with health but it is very high reward.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

Malik Hooker

Hooker has dealt with significant injury after significant injury, and this concern existed even before the 2020 season, which was lost to a torn Achilles. He’s never really provided the intended playmaking ability in the middle of the field, but he’s also played in a Colts scheme that has been heavy on two-high safety coverages.

Hooker still may be a better fit in a true single-high safety role where he takes good angles on downfield throws. He’s looked out of place when forced into one-on-ones with receivers or when needing to react quickly from two-high alignments. His best season saw him grade at 81.6 in coverage in 2018, though the other 1200 or so snaps have him graded in the mid-60s. He's worth a look in a new system that could get the most out of his downfield playmaking skill set.

Contract Analysis: The Indianapolis Colts were the last team in the NFL to make a decision on their 2017 first-round pick’s fifth-year option, waiting until the very last day to ultimately decline Hooker’s $6.7 million for 2021, which looks smart in hindsight. Hooker will likely need to take a near-minimum “prove-it” deal to get his career back on track.

Prediction: One year, $2 million.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hooker had hip surgery when he was draft eligible, tore his ACL and MCL in his right knee his rookie season, tore his meniscus in his left knee in 2019, and tore an Achilles last year. He's played 36 of a possible 64 games in his career. As much as I loved him as a player when he was in the draft, I would stay a million miles away from him. The guy cannot stay healthy.