Twitter: S Malik Hooker to Visit Cowboys

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I'm guessing both players were brought in to be examined by team Dr, nothing more. They are vet players I'm sure the coaches know everything they need about their talent. What's the reported status of their injuries? Are they both completely healed?

Agree, due diligence.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean Kearse is a lock. He was on the practice squad last year lol
Yeah I'm trying to understand how he's being lumped in with the others....he's probably the healthiest but he's nowhere near the same caliber of Hooke or Kazee...maybe its because he's a Kearse I guess.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Could be the physicals didn't check out or the Cowboys are waiting to see what other teams are offering. No need to panic yet.
I'll be honest......maybe I'm out of touch with how things are done these days but it seems like in the past the Cowboys bring a guy in and that guy doesn't leave without a contract.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't see how either one of them could be healthy yet, as both are at about the 6 month mark post injury. This injury usually takes at least a year.
Its in Hooker's best interest to probably take even longer than it would normally take to rehab because either his body can't sustain in the NFL or something is off.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's Hooker's response to Fish question about his health...........just but It sounds like this meeting was overhyped by his agent/media. The FO likely knew he wasn't completely healthy but wanted the team Dr to evaluate his progress. Think about it, we need a FS way too bad to let a healthy cheap former All-Pro leave w/o a contract.

How is Hooker's health, especially the Achilles?

"Good and getting better,'' Hooker responded on Twitter to a CowboysSI.com reader. "Thanks for asking.''

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They are meeting with all three. Then discussing with coaching staff. Then making a decision. At least. Thats how a normal FO is run. So I can hope thats what they are doing.

I mean a normal front office wouldn't even be looking at these options to start for them anyway lol....they would've looked at a guy like Anthony Harris if we are being honest with ourselves.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Here's Hooker's response to Fish question about his health...........just but It sounds like this meeting was overhyped by his agent/media. The FO likely knew he wasn't completely healthy but wanted the team Dr to evaluate his progress. Think about it, we need a FS way too bad to let a healthy cheap former All-Pro leave w/o a contract.

How is Hooker's health, especially the Achilles?

"Good and getting better,'' Hooker responded on Twitter to a CowboysSI.com reader. "Thanks for asking.''

Agreed neither can be healthy yet, but it is good to know how they are progressing at the half way point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll be honest......maybe I'm out of touch with how things are done these days but it seems like in the past the Cowboys bring a guy in and that guy doesn't leave without a contract.......

That's just it, he/they may be on the right track of recovering from their injuries BUT still has a ways to go. Are you offering them a contract??????

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's just it, he/they may be on the right track of recovering from their injuries BUT still has a ways to go. Are you offering them a contract??????
I for sure am. That's contingent on what the asking price is. Teams are desperate and have some money to waste....but if what Anthony Harris got is the ceiling...I can't imagine how they'd even get half of that knowing their injury history.

I just don't have the time to sit around and wait to waste resources and miss out on personnel because of guys like these. That's me anyway.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I was outside digging a hard days working hoping to come inside and see a little blue thread with hookers name on it and of course nothing

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I for sure am. That's contingent on what the asking price is. Teams are desperate and have some money to waste....but if what Anthony Harris got is the ceiling...I can't imagine how they'd even get half of that knowing their injury history.

I just don't have the time to sit around and wait to waste resources and miss out on personnel because of guys like these. That's me anyway.

Word is they won't be ready until AFTER regular starts.........we would STILL need a starter for the season (lol).