SA Spurs Thread

Reaction score
Biggems;4997631 said:
I would rather have Tiago Splitter and Stephen Jackson than Al Jefferson. Yes Jefferson is a great offensive player, but his defense is horrible. Tiago and Jax give us a defensive presence. Plus, Jax has shown to be clutch, and Tiago has shown vast improvement.

If we are indeed bent on making a trade......Bonner, Blair, Neal, and Mills should be available.......and no one else.

I agree. Who would take a trade made up of that bunch?

MC KAos

Reaction score
I'd like the trade but only If we keep splitter. I don't care who else we trade outside of the big 3, kawhi and splitter

MC KAos

Reaction score
If we could get Jefferson for Jax, bonner, and either mills or Neal, I'd say thank u very much and make that trade ASAP. Ultimately I doubt anything happens with Jefferson, but I bet we make a small deal around the deadline to improve our bench.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4997663 said:
If we could get Jefferson for Jax, bonner, and either mills or Neal, I'd say thank u very much and make that trade ASAP. Ultimately I doubt anything happens with Jefferson, but I bet we make a small deal around the deadline to improve our bench.

Would that be enough, though? I'm thinking either Splitter or Green would have to be included.

MC KAos

Reaction score
respectdatstar;4997670 said:
Would that be enough, though? I'm thinking either Splitter or Green would have to be included.

For Jefferson, ya it wouldn't be enough. I'd rather keep splitter unless Jefferson agrees to an extension with the spurs as part of the trade. If not, I'd be ok with parting with green, bonner and Jackson for him, hoping he resigns and sign Anderson back for depth at the wing, he played well for us when Jackson and kawhi were hurt

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel the trade is pure BS. I believe we merely allowed ourselves to be mentioned in the trade discussion as a favor to the Jazz GM and to help him get a better deal.

I dont know why a Spurs fan would want to get rid of Jax......he brings a toughness that this team has lacked for years. Manu has toughness, but he is always injured these days and rarely on the court. So Jax is basically our enforcer, something we definitely need. Jefferson is soft like the rest of our team, he wouldn't stand up for his fellow teammates the way Jax always has.

I like Jefferson as a scoring threat....but he plays almost no defense, doesn't rebound that well for his size, and isn't a great team leader.

Now, if we were trading for ZBo, that would be totally different....the guy plays offense, defense, and rebounds like a beast. I would take ZBo in a heartbeat, but not Jefferson.

bounce

Reaction score
Another side to it is, why would Utah want that trade? I get that Al is an expiring, but they're wanting to move him to remove the logjam at center, and get their 2nd year guy, Kanter, into the starting lineup. Trading for Splitter doesn't help that problem...it just creates a logjam with different players.

As a Spurs fan, I don't really like the trade. Al slows down the offense immensely, and the Spurs have been more of an up-tempo team since they started running the offense through Parker, rather than Timmy. Defensively, he's a huge drop off, and Splitter is perfect for the system. I'd take the trade if it were Blair instead of Splitter, and Utah is just looking for expirings.

Keep in mind, Patty also has a no-trade in his contract.

MC KAos

Reaction score
nice win over the bulls tonight without the big 3! we are 3-1 so far on the road trip, just like i thought we would be, however i figured we'd beat the pistons and lose tonight. i kind of think we will prob end up going 3-2 the rest of the way tho. hopefully we can go 4-1

MC KAos

Reaction score
this guy is right less often than a broken clock, but i thought id post it here anyway...

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
SA offered D Blair to Detroit but nothing. Hear Boston, Miami, Portland could have interest.

doubt we could get much for him, but you never know. id love to get calderon to back up TP, i wonder if thats what the spurs wanted for blair. if so, i dont blame the pistons for turning it down.

MC KAos

Reaction score
just noticed this one, making me think more that they indeed wanted calderon....

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Will SA finally part with DeJuan Blair? Word is he could be gone before 2/21. SA talked with Toronto wks ago but nothing brewing now.

bounce

Reaction score
Saw one twitter link that said the Bulls are interested in DB. Maybe for Nate Robinson, but I doubt it with DRose out.

bounce

Reaction score
MC KAos;4999070 said:
nice win over the bulls tonight without the big 3! we are 3-1 so far on the road trip, just like i thought we would be, however i figured we'd beat the pistons and lose tonight. i kind of think we will prob end up going 3-2 the rest of the way tho. hopefully we can go 4-1

It almost makes you wonder if they're the Big 4 now, or has Kawhi replaced Manu in the big 3. He's on fire recently.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Leonard can hit the three, hit a 15 footer from the free throw line extended and around the same distance from the baseline. He has the ball handling capabilities to run the pnr and drive the fast break. He can post up and has a sweet right handed hook shot.

Defensively he can be picked off but you are not going by him on iso's. He is a tremendous help defender and a plus rebounder.

What really has impressed me is him not only outplaying but dominating matchups with Gerald Wallace and Luol Deng on back to back nights

MC KAos

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4999183 said:
Leonard can hit the three, hit a 15 footer from the free throw line extended and around the same distance from the baseline. He has the ball handling capabilities to run the pnr and drive the fast break. He can post up and has a sweet right handed hook shot.

Defensively he can be picked off but you are not going by him on iso's. He is a tremendous help defender and a plus rebounder.

What really has impressed me is him not only outplaying but dominating matchups with Gerald Wallace and Luol Deng on back to back nights

all that, plus he is only 21! he could be the third best SF in the league in 2 or 3 years! with parker still improving, if we could just get one more guy here once manu and TD retire around that time, we could still be in contention.

MC KAos

Reaction score
bounce;4999136 said:
It almost makes you wonder if they're the Big 4 now, or has Kawhi replaced Manu in the big 3. He's on fire recently.

come playoff time, we still need manu. Although, i think we have at least developed tony enough now that he is an excellent "closer" he makes clutch shots from anywhere on the floor, and can hit free throws at a high rate now. im so impressed by his development, i remember how useless he was in the 03 title, and how little we used him in the fourth quarter of the 05 title. he has REALLY come a long way! i wouldnt take any point guard in the league over him right now not named chris paul.

kawhi has so much potential, i just hope we can have a great team around him and tony in the future, we already have a really good coach in waiting for when pop decides to retire. We could be good for years to come.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Kawhi F Leonard and the F is fo FINISHER!

First of many game winning shots I hope!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Rumor is SA wants Josh Smith.

I'd imagine the deal would be Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson's contract for Josh if there was any trade.

How would you guys feel about that deal? I'm a Hawks fan, Josh is a guy with all-star talent, and got snubbed the last 2 seasons. He is extremely frustrating but exciting to watch. If he went to SA and had Popovich coach him, I'm confident he'd be one of the best players in the entire league. He has way to much leeway in Atlanta, and hasn't progressed like he should. It's a shame that he has wasted his career in Atlanta, but he is only 27 and has a lot left in the tank.

Aggie87

Reaction score
I think the Spurs should keep Leonard, Splitter and De Colo. They are worth building with for the future.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Muhast;5000685 said:
Rumor is SA wants Josh Smith.

I'd imagine the deal would be Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson's contract for Josh if there was any trade.

How would you guys feel about that deal? I'm a Hawks fan, Josh is a guy with all-star talent, and got snubbed the last 2 seasons. He is extremely frustrating but exciting to watch. If he went to SA and had Popovich coach him, I'm confident he'd be one of the best players in the entire league. He has way to much leeway in Atlanta, and hasn't progressed like he should. It's a shame that he has wasted his career in Atlanta, but he is only 27 and has a lot left in the tank.

Ya I'd love to get josh smith, but not at the expense of Kawhi. He is just too valuable to our future and pop LOVES him and all the things he can do. Kahwi is single handedly the reason the spurs have returned to being an elite defensive team. Honestly I'd be more ok with trading ginobili at this point Ina deal for smith, but I don't think that would be a fair trade for the hawks, and Danny ferry is no fool.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Aggie87;5000690 said:
I think the Spurs should keep Leonard, Splitter and De Colo. They are worth building with for the future.

I'd keep Leonard over just about anyone that the spurs could realistically get in a trade. I trio of TP, Kawhi and josh smith would be great to build around tho! It's not gonna happen without Kawhi leaving tho