SA Spurs Thread

Kangaroo

Reaction score
MC KAos;4888171 said:
Spurs are fourth in offensive efficiency and fifth in defensive efficiency! The only team in the league in the top five of both, the only team even in the top ten of both is Memphis!

Edit: actually clippers and OKC also in top ten in both

Pop says the number one defensive category that matters in basketball is the opponents field goal % it is hard to argue with him on that stance because of the success Pop has had for the last decade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4890155 said:
Pop says the number one defensive category that matters in basketball is the opponents field goal % it is hard to argue with him on that stance because of the success Pop has had for the last decade.

Yup, we are currently fifth in that category, a huge improvement defensively over the last few years. I attribute most of that to the length/toughness/athleticism we now have at SF with Stack and Kawhi and to Tim Duncan being healthy again for the first time in seemingly years!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ugh that sucked! Can't win them all, but it's disappointing to lose a game you lead with the ball with less than a minute to go!

Hope kawhi and stack come back soon!

MC KAos

Reaction score
if you would like to make some easy money tonight, bet the thunder tonight. we literally have no one competent to guard KD tonight

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Gah, you beat me by six minutes. Was just coming on here to say what a good game it should be tonight.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4905369 said:
Gah, you beat me by six minutes. Was just coming on here to say what a good game it should be tonight.

tony, tim and one other spur will have to combine for 80 points for it to even be close, its gonna take about 110 points for the spurs to win tonight, if not more. i was really hoping stack or kawhi would return tonight, but pop says they havent practiced enough. i just dont think he wants durant to see them too much before the playoffs

MC KAos

Reaction score
just wanted to come here and say, kawhi leonard is a beast! he does EVERYTHING! I love how spurs fans say "kahwi leonard out there doing kahwi leonard things!" lol

love that kid! and he is only 21!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
They have struggled lately, but at least all these losses were close and they had the lead in the final minute, so they have been competitive. Still, a loss is a loss and I don't like them. I am happy to see Jax and Leonard back. Unfortunately, we had to let go of Anderson, though. Still, the injuries allowed valuable minutes for de Colo, Anderson, Mills, and Joseph.

My biggest concern right now is the play of Diaw....he has been struggling quit a bit over the last few weeks. I hope he can get over his mini slump soon, cause we need him to play better.

I missed the game last night, but I am so happy that we ripped the Mavs a new one and left Cuban with a face full of our manhood.

GO SPURS GO

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Two players I want to draft next season

Round 1 - PF/C Gorgui Dieng - Louisville
Round 2 - G/F James Ennis - Long Beach St.

Dieng is a Serge Ibaka type player.....long, athletic, and defensive minded. Hopefully with some time in the gym, he can develop his offensive game the way Serge has.

Ennis is a legit 3 pt shooter, makes his FTs, rebounds, blocks shots, and gets lots of steals. He would be a great addition to our bench. Also, it would be such a luxury to have Leonard, Green, and Ennis to defend the perimeter.

I doubt Blair will be back next season....honestly, he probably gets traded this season if someone is willing to bite. I'm also not sure if Bonner is here next year. As much as I like Bonner, I am tired of his post season disappearing act. So if we have to ship him out, so be it.

I would love if we could trade Blair and/or Bonner for a 2nd, highly unlikely, but if so, maybe add another big, like F/C Mike Muscala from Bucknell. He isn't the most athletic guy, but he can score inside and out. He rebounds well on both ends and blocks shots. He is a hustle guy with a nice basketball IQ.

2013 Spurs

C - Splitter, Dieng, Muscala
PF - Duncan, Diaw
SF - Leonard, Jackson, Ennis
SG - Green, Manu, Neal
PG - Parker, De Colo, Mills

MC KAos

Reaction score
We need an athletic big, Ibaka type player. We have needed that for years! Hopefully that guy is the answer and we can draft him

MC KAos

Reaction score
Spurs have been on fire recently, we are way ahead of the curve in terms of games played also, so our older guys will get some down time when the schedule eases

MC KAos

Reaction score
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
Tim Duncan how now won 71.5% of the games he has played in. This is the highest % in NBA history for those playing at least 1000 games.

MC KAos

Reaction score
That victory felt like a loss, we haven't been playing very well recently, hopefully we can get it together again soon

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
bad news is, we lost last night....had our chances, but Memphis definitely played better in OT.

good news, we signed C Aron Baynes of Australia. He is one of the better rebounders in the Euroleagues. This move also most likely signals the near end of Blair in a Spurs uniform.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Thank god! Blair is a huge disappointment, literally huge. I don't think he handled the great Mexican food and whataburger in SA

MC KAos

Reaction score
"The Spurs are the only active franchise with a .500 or better record in the regular season against every existing NBA team."

Boom!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Congrats to TIMMAY and TP on the all star selection! Btw Marc Gasol not making the team is a travesty! He might be the best center in the league right now!

MC KAos

Reaction score
So, nice start to the rodeo road trip! I'll be happy if we got at least 5-3 in the games left. I think if we are still ahead of OKC at the end of it, and we have everyone back and healthy, we will hang on to the 1 seed. At that point we will have 24 games left in the season, with only 7 road games the entire rest of the season! Here is the rest of the rodeo road trip, predictions?

Fri, Feb 8 @Detroit 7:30 PM W
Sun, Feb 10 @Brooklyn 8:00 PM W
Mon, Feb 11 @Chicago 8:00 PM L
Wed, Feb 13 @Cleveland 7:00 PM W
Tue, Feb 19 @Sacramento 10:00 PM W
Thu, Feb 21 @Los Angeles Clippers 10:30 PM W
Fri, Feb 22 @Golden State 10:30 PM L
Sun, Feb 24 @Phoenix 8:00 PM W

PS, All times are eastern

Reaction score
Anybody think the Al Jefferson trade will actually happen? I keep seeing Patty Mills, Tiago Splitter, Stephen Jackson and picks.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
respectdatstar;4997546 said:
Anybody think the Al Jefferson trade will actually happen? I keep seeing Patty Mills, Tiago Splitter, Stephen Jackson and picks.

I would rather have Tiago Splitter and Stephen Jackson than Al Jefferson. Yes Jefferson is a great offensive player, but his defense is horrible. Tiago and Jax give us a defensive presence. Plus, Jax has shown to be clutch, and Tiago has shown vast improvement.

If we are indeed bent on making a trade......Bonner, Blair, Neal, and Mills should be available.......and no one else.