Sacks allowed so far

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I know we want to say how great te Oline is playing... and I agree, but QB play has a way of making the lines look good and bad. That innate sense a qb has that allows them to step up, twist the shoulders, just slide to the side a few steps, or see the blitz on his reads and get rid of the ball just means the QB is playing well and avoiding sacks.

So Im not sure, but how many sacks have we had in the last 3 games? I just looked, it is 2 sacks allowed in 3 games.

If Dak comes back and those numbers shoot up to 3 and 4 sacks per game, I dont want to hear a word about how poorly the Oline is doing. I think what Steve Young said was true, Dak should learn a little from Cooper when he comes back. Take what Cooper does well, and learn from it because I believe he reads the blitz and pass rush in general much better than Dak and that is why the Sacks are so low.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know we want to say how great te Oline is playing... and I agree, but QB play has a way of making the lines look good and bad. That innate sense a qb has that allows them to step up, twist the shoulders, just slide to the side a few steps, or see the blitz on his reads and get rid of the ball just means the QB is playing well and avoiding sacks.

So Im not sure, but how many sacks have we had in the last 3 games? I just looked, it is 2 sacks allowed in 3 games.

If Dak comes back and those numbers shoot up to 3 and 4 sacks per game, I dont want to hear a word about how poorly the Oline is doing. I think what Steve Young said was true, Dak should learn a little from Cooper when he comes back. Take what Cooper does well, and learn from it because I believe he reads the blitz and pass rush in general much better than Dak and that is why the Sacks are so low.
Dak is one of the better QB's against blitz. When he is in, we go downfield more. I think our OL is at the point to where they can really handle that yet. We should probably keep the passing scheme close to what it has been the last few games

blueblood70

Reaction score

different teams different levels of pass rush etc etc scenarios like penalty's behind the chains 3rd and long..so stop its not dak when a OL has so many penalty's you are playing long pass rush friendly downs ,,it happens. the OL has to not commit so many penalties need strong run game just like COOPERS getting etc.

sacks come in bunches some there are reasons all games are different.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
different teams different levels of pass rush etc etc scenarios like penalty's behind the chains 3rd and long..so stop its not dak when a OL has so many penalty's you are playing long pass rush friendly downs ,,it happens. the OL has to not commit so many penalties need strong run game just like COOPERS getting etc.

sacks come in bunches some there are reasons all games are different.

excuses are already being made for him and hes not even back? lol... let the fun begin after Dak returns.

shabazz

Reaction score

Dakota was sacked a whopping TWO times in the loss to the Bucs and all I saw here was how poorly the oline did with pass protection. Lord Burrow was sacked 51 times and Rayne Dakota was sacked 24 times last year and one of them took his team to the SB…..

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
One QB wants to just go out there and do his job. The other QB thinks he has to prove his naysayers wrong. So the QB who wants to prove himself will go for the deep shot when the extra protection isn't there. It's more of a mindset difference than it is the Oline.

JMO.

terra

Reaction score
The majority of sacks come for two reasons: a play by the D or a mistake by the O. Time has shown its usually more on the O than great plays by the D since there are not that many truly great sack artists in the NFL.

Therefore its more likely to be the O's fault when there is a sack. A O lineman blowing it; QB holding onto the ball too long, not stepping up in the pocket; a RB missing a blitz pickup. A QB's ability to sense the rush and do something to get out of it is not that common; Romo's famous spin move is pretty rare. TB has always been REALLY GOOD at both getting rid of the ball quickly and also knowing its time to either take the sack or throw it away.

You can also factor in poor play calling and bad audibles.

So there are a lot of reasons behind sacks.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

So, you think the Washington, New York, and Bengals pass rush is equal to the Rams and Eagles? Your point about throwing the ball away and throwing fast and short in the face of rush is true, but regardless of who plays QB, unless the OL plays extremely well and we don’t have to pass more that we have been, I expect more pressure and more sacks because we are facing better defenses.

Do you think the Eagles expect to see a better pass rush from us than they saw from Jacksonville? It’s a team game, and all you guys who keep arguing for or against Dak need to realize that the QB isn’t going to play the same every week. It is impacted more by the team performance and the opponent than it is the QB’s name.

terra

Reaction score
Dakota was sacked a whopping TWO times in the loss to the Bucs and all I saw here was how poorly the oline did with pass protection. Lord Burrow was sacked 51 times and Rayne Dakota was sacked 24 times last year and one of them took his team to the SB…..
Burrow was simply incredible last year; what he accomplished in the SB when he was pretty much running for his life every play was remarkable. He is not playing that well this year; so more than likely last year was an aberration. We shall see.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If Rush can do it with this team, Dak has no reason he can’t. Cooper defeated the AFC champions. Would love to see Dak come back to see if he can finally defeat a "good team" as well, or should I say last years Superbowl Champion, Rams. Or, will Dak sit out another week while Rush continues his streak. The plot thickens lol.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I agree, pocket presence is what Rush has over Dak right now. Even on one of the sacks, he almost escaped but was tripped. He also showed he can use his legs when he has to. Something Dak has been trying to avoid. You're right, it will be interesting to see how the sacks will look like once he comes back.

Creeper

Reaction score
When Dak comes back and plays 3 or 4 games we will have more data to debate. Until then I just appreciate the things Rush does well and look forward to Dak showing why he is the #1 QB on the Cowboys roster.

It doesn't have to be Dak vs Rush all the time. Cooper Rush does a few things well and if Dak did them maybe he would be a better QB. Cooper knows the offense and sees the defense. This allows him to get away with lesser physical abilities than Dak. Rush seems more decisive in his throws than Dak at times. Dak has a stronger arm and more mobility than Rush. He can stretch plays, run for big first downs, and keep a defense honest with his legs.

I am anxious to see what Dak brings to the offense when he comes back but I just hope they do not rush him back before he is 100% ready to play.

One thing I will predict. When Dak is back, if his accuracy becomes a problem, there are those who will claim it is because of his thumb, just like they blamed his shoulder back in 2019 when he had a few awful games late in the season. And the answer will be the same now as then, if he is hurting the team he should be on the bench.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So, you think the Washington, New York, and Bengals pass rush is equal to the Rams and Eagles? Your point about throwing the ball away and throwing fast and short in the face of rush is true, but regardless of who plays QB, unless the OL plays extremely well and we don’t have to pass more that we have been, I expect more pressure and more sacks because we are facing better defenses.

Do you think the Eagles expect to see a better pass rush from us than they saw from Jacksonville? It’s a team game, and all you guys who keep arguing for or against Dak need to realize that the QB isn’t going to play the same every week. It is impacted more by the team performance and the opponent than it is the QB’s name.

In 2021 Dak was sacked 12 times in 4 games against NYG and WASH.....in 2 games in 2022 against the NYG and WASH Rush was sacked 1 TIME......so your point?????

Reid1boys

Reaction score
When Dak comes back and plays 3 or 4 games we will have more data to debate. Until then I just appreciate the things Rush does well and look forward to Dak showing why he is the #1 QB on the Cowboys roster.

It doesn't have to be Dak vs Rush all the time. Cooper Rush does a few things well and if Dak did them maybe he would be a better QB. Cooper knows the offense and sees the defense. This allows him to get away with lesser physical abilities than Dak. Rush seems more decisive in his throws than Dak at times. Dak has a stronger arm and more mobility than Rush. He can stretch plays, run for big first downs, and keep a defense honest with his legs.

I am anxious to see what Dak brings to the offense when he comes back but I just hope they do not rush him back before he is 100% ready to play.

One thing I will predict. When Dak is back, if his accuracy becomes a problem, there are those who will claim it is because of his thumb, just like they blamed his shoulder back in 2019 when he had a few awful games late in the season. And the answer will be the same now as then, if he is hurting the team he should be on the bench.

Dak hasnt kept a defense honest using hi legs since he broke his ankle. He runs about as much as Brady now, which is almost none.
IN the three games Cooper has started, one play sticks out to me. I think it was last week, bu tit was a 4th and about 4 and he was blitzed on the left and hit Cee Dee right at the marker for the first down. I actually thought we were short and he got us up the line and quickly snapped a running play off so we didnt have to see a review. Not only was that super smart, but seeing that blitz and hitting lamb perfectly just really stuck out to me. I hope we keep going with Dak when he returns... but I can already here it. Well we lost to team XXX and they are much better than the teams Cooper beat. But we beat the Bengals.... yeah, but the Bengals stunk the first 2 weeks of the season, they started playing well AFTER Cooper beat them......