Sacks allowed so far

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, but it’s really just a very vocal minority. Much like we had with Romo.

We don’t have to believe Prescott hangs the moon to believe he could be enough with closer to an Elite defense.
How many ELITE defenses are there?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s all in your perspective going in. And narratives will be spun accordingly.

The bottom line is do you think Rush or Prescott provide the Cowboys best opportunity for success for duration of the season.
No way do I stay with Cooper... hes onlyhad 4 career starts. BUT, It sure would be nice if he got play 11 games like Dak did as a rookie to see what we have. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Dak is the starter... period, and I get it. BUT... If Dak comes back and stinks it up and im Big Mike, I know Im getting fired at the end of the season if we dont do anything, Id make the move to try and save my job.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How many ELITE defenses are there?
I’d argue SF and probably Buffalo and maybe Phil. Those are top 3 ranked defenses. I’m not talking about Generational defenses like Ravens, Seattle, Bucs and Denver had winning Super Bowls.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
FACTS no game is the same..ok Magoo.
A large enough sample size tells the story. If one QB played 10 games and was sacked 7 times and the next qb played 10 games and was sacked 26 times.... some good assumptions could be made about why your qb is getting sacked, and it isnt the line.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No way do I stay with Cooper... hes onlyhad 4 career starts. BUT, It sure would be nice if he got play 11 games like Dak did as a rookie to see what we have. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Dak is the starter... period, and I get it. BUT... If Dak comes back and stinks it up and im Big Mike, I know Im getting fired at the end of the season if we dont do anything, Id make the move to try and save my job.
I agree with most. But do you really believe that Jethro would allow Big Mike to bench Dak?

blueblood70

Reaction score
A large enough sample size tells the story. If one QB played 10 games and was sacked 7 times and the next qb played 10 games and was sacked 26 times.... some good assumptions could be made about why your qb is getting sacked, and it isnt the line.
ITs not

different games

different year

different situations

different opponents with different players, coaches, and philosophy's

keep up the hard hater work. you are earning RUSH club points. not a big deal daks coming back haters step aside. Daks better, please go away, no deducing is allowed in sports unless you can recreate each game 100% and interchange players in the EXACT Game in the exact situations. you can't, you post is a wild swing and a miss and MOOT

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak came back and loses 3 out of the next 4 games and played poorly? Yep
I don’t think so. Jethro is all in on Dak. He’s not going to bench his 40 million QB. Unless there’s an injury related incident.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Did he? Hes been a good backup QB. I think praises are more for the defensive play than anything our offense is cooking.
when you lead a team down the field to kick a last second fg to win the game... that qb gets praise. Something Dak had 2 chances at last year in the playoffs and didnt do. Our defense held the niners enough at the end of that game to give us a shot to win, Dak on the other hand, did not give us a chance to win..... But I know, I know... its all about the team. Like our WR that was open and dak threw a terrible pass and it got picked, only to have the niners score on the next play.

Wr did his job, Dak threw a garbage ball.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know we want to say how great te Oline is playing... and I agree, but QB play has a way of making the lines look good and bad. That innate sense a qb has that allows them to step up, twist the shoulders, just slide to the side a few steps, or see the blitz on his reads and get rid of the ball just means the QB is playing well and avoiding sacks.

So Im not sure, but how many sacks have we had in the last 3 games? I just looked, it is 2 sacks allowed in 3 games.

If Dak comes back and those numbers shoot up to 3 and 4 sacks per game, I dont want to hear a word about how poorly the Oline is doing. I think what Steve Young said was true, Dak should learn a little from Cooper when he comes back. Take what Cooper does well, and learn from it because I believe he reads the blitz and pass rush in general much better than Dak and that is why the Sacks are so low.
Go rewatch the games before you post. Sheesh.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
ITs not

different games

different year

different situations

different opponents with different players, coaches, and philosophy's

keep up the hard hater work. you are earning RUSH club points. not a big deal daks coming back haters step aside. Daks better, please go away, no deducing is allowed in sports unless you can recreate each game 100% and interchange players in the EXACT Game in the exact situations. you can't, you post is a wild swing and a miss and MOOT

Hater? Not.... Go away??? screw you

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Go rewatch the games before you post. Sheesh.
I watch every game, and I see Cooper hitting WRs IN STRIDE on crossing routes wher as Dak hits them behind where they slow down and get tackled. I havent said once that Cooper is better than Dak... some of you just dont read so well.

starfan1

Reaction score
question of the day how many different ways or threads in this case can yall make to express your disdain for the QB?

NotForLong

Reaction score
The majority of sacks come for two reasons: a play by the D or a mistake by the O. Time has shown its usually more on the O than great plays by the D since there are not that many truly great sack artists in the NFL.

Therefore its more likely to be the O's fault when there is a sack. A O lineman blowing it; QB holding onto the ball too long, not stepping up in the pocket; a RB missing a blitz pickup. A QB's ability to sense the rush and do something to get out of it is not that common; Romo's famous spin move is pretty rare. TB has always been REALLY GOOD at both getting rid of the ball quickly and also knowing its time to either take the sack or throw it away.

You can also factor in poor play calling and bad audibles.

So there are a lot of reasons behind sacks.
But of all those Factors there are only 1 variable . . . The QB

NotForLong

Reaction score
When Dak comes back and plays 3 or 4 games we will have more data to debate. Until then I just appreciate the things Rush does well and look forward to Dak showing why he is the #1 QB on the Cowboys roster.

It doesn't have to be Dak vs Rush all the time. Cooper Rush does a few things well and if Dak did them maybe he would be a better QB. Cooper knows the offense and sees the defense. This allows him to get away with lesser physical abilities than Dak. Rush seems more decisive in his throws than Dak at times. Dak has a stronger arm and more mobility than Rush. He can stretch plays, run for big first downs, and keep a defense honest with his legs.

I am anxious to see what Dak brings to the offense when he comes back but I just hope they do not rush him back before he is 100% ready to play.

One thing I will predict. When Dak is back, if his accuracy becomes a problem, there are those who will claim it is because of his thumb, just like they blamed his shoulder back in 2019 when he had a few awful games late in the season. And the answer will be the same now as then, if he is hurting the team he should be on the bench.
This will happen and then we will know. . . His Thumb Injury I imagion will have an effect on His Game . . . Sadly this year there is not much room for Error the way The Eagles are playing . . . He will need to be on a short leash

On the flip side Hopefully he has been taking notes and He elevates His game