Sacks allowed so far

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Dak is one of the better QB's against blitz. When he is in, we go downfield more. I think our OL is at the point to where they can really handle that yet. We should probably keep the passing scheme close to what it has been the last few games

One thing Dak does is hold the ball longer, Rush gets rid of it, that may directly influencing more sacks.

mardwin

Reaction score
Don't worry, the typical band of misfits would all try to convince us that the o-line suddenly started playing worse when they "allow" 4-5 sacks once Dak returns

Wait until they find out the same receivers Cooper Rush is throwing to are not getting any separation for Dak.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-laughing-meme-template-of-Django-Unchained-1024x1024.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak hasnt kept a defense honest using hi legs since he broke his ankle. He runs about as much as Brady now, which is almost none.
IN the three games Cooper has started, one play sticks out to me. I think it was last week, bu tit was a 4th and about 4 and he was blitzed on the left and hit Cee Dee right at the marker for the first down. I actually thought we were short and he got us up the line and quickly snapped a running play off so we didnt have to see a review. Not only was that super smart, but seeing that blitz and hitting lamb perfectly just really stuck out to me. I hope we keep going with Dak when he returns... but I can already here it. Well we lost to team XXX and they are much better than the teams Cooper beat. But we beat the Bengals.... yeah, but the Bengals stunk the first 2 weeks of the season, they started playing well AFTER Cooper beat them......
It’s all in your perspective going in. And narratives will be spun accordingly.

The bottom line is do you think Rush or Prescott provide the Cowboys best opportunity for success for duration of the season.

terra

Reaction score
One thing Dak does is hold the ball longer, Rush gets rid of it, that may directly influencing more sacks.
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were the two best at getting rid of the ball faster than anyone else. Manning had to; talk about a statue...

mardwin

Reaction score
It’s all in your perspective going in. And narratives will be spun accordingly.

The bottom line is do you think Rush or Prescott provide the Cowboys best opportunity for success for duration of the season.

We ain't winning anything with Dak. Even surrounded by an All-Pro line, Pro Bowl receivers, and a good defense. Last year the guy was outplayed by Jimmie G at home, and the Niners weren't even playing that well and still rattled him.

Below are Dak's 40M QB stats in last year's playoff game vs the niners. Tell me how much worse Rush could have been.

23-43, 254 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT (5 sacks).

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak hasnt kept a defense honest using hi legs since he broke his ankle. He runs about as much as Brady now, which is almost none.
IN the three games Cooper has started, one play sticks out to me. I think it was last week, bu tit was a 4th and about 4 and he was blitzed on the left and hit Cee Dee right at the marker for the first down. I actually thought we were short and he got us up the line and quickly snapped a running play off so we didnt have to see a review. Not only was that super smart, but seeing that blitz and hitting lamb perfectly just really stuck out to me. I hope we keep going with Dak when he returns... but I can already here it. Well we lost to team XXX and they are much better than the teams Cooper beat. But we beat the Bengals.... yeah, but the Bengals stunk the first 2 weeks of the season, they started playing well AFTER Cooper beat them......

Yes, Cooper is a smarter QB than Dak. I will not deny that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We ain't winning anything with Dak. Even surrounded by an All-Pro line, Pro Bowl receivers, and a good defense. Last year the guy was outplayed by Jimmie G at home, and the Niners weren't even playing that well and still rattled him.

Below are Dak's 40M QB stats in last year's playoff game vs the niners. Tell me how much worse Rush could have been.

23-43, 254 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT (5 sacks).
Could that have been enough if we had SF defense or our defense this year?

I doubt Jimmy G is wining that game with our defense or their other playoff game in Green Bay.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I never realized the hate for Dak until now. I usually blew it off, but man, if Dak comes back, there’s going to be no time for him to shake the rust off; he’s going to have to come out swinging.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In the NFL with rare exception you either need an Elite QB or defense. We’ve had neither. We might finally be closer to that on defense. I’d like to see how much further it could take us with a bus driver like Prescott.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know we want to say how great te Oline is playing... and I agree, but QB play has a way of making the lines look good and bad. That innate sense a qb has that allows them to step up, twist the shoulders, just slide to the side a few steps, or see the blitz on his reads and get rid of the ball just means the QB is playing well and avoiding sacks.

So Im not sure, but how many sacks have we had in the last 3 games? I just looked, it is 2 sacks allowed in 3 games.

If Dak comes back and those numbers shoot up to 3 and 4 sacks per game, I dont want to hear a word about how poorly the Oline is doing. I think what Steve Young said was true, Dak should learn a little from Cooper when he comes back. Take what Cooper does well, and learn from it because I believe he reads the blitz and pass rush in general much better than Dak and that is why the Sacks are so low.
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never realized the hate for Dak until now. I usually blew it off, but man, if Dak comes back, there’s going to be no time for him to shake the rust off; he’s going to have to come out swinging.
Yea, but it’s really just a very vocal minority. Much like we had with Romo.

We don’t have to believe Prescott hangs the moon to believe he could be enough with closer to an Elite defense.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Sort of like how Rush came out swinging?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He's the one always talking big so why give him time? He talks like he's Tom Brady

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure what drugs you are on but they must be elite.
Rush has gained 1 first down by rush since 2018.
Dak had 1 first down via rush in his partial game this year.
Those 2 are not comparable in rush threat.

Dak is in his 7th year so of course he runs less. All QBs do as they age.

Stop posting stupid things.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So, you think the Washington, New York, and Bengals pass rush is equal to the Rams and Eagles? Your point about throwing the ball away and throwing fast and short in the face of rush is true, but regardless of who plays QB, unless the OL plays extremely well and we don’t have to pass more that we have been, I expect more pressure and more sacks because we are facing better defenses.

Do you think the Eagles expect to see a better pass rush from us than they saw from Jacksonville? It’s a team game, and all you guys who keep arguing for or against Dak need to realize that the QB isn’t going to play the same every week. It is impacted more by the team performance and the opponent than it is the QB’s name.

Are you kidding? So you telling me the top QBs are so consistent because of all of the players around them?

Hmm.... so Denver's offense sucks. No line, crappy receivers, bad play calling. Then Peyton Manning shows up and al of the sudden the play calling became stellar, his WRs were suddenly great route runners getting excellent separation, and they went from a mediocre team to a SB team? uhm.... ok.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not sure what drugs you are on but they must be elite.
Rush has gained 1 first down by rush since 2018.
Dak had 1 first down via rush in his partial game this year.
Those 2 are not comparable in rush threat.

Dak is in his 7th year so of course he runs less. All QBs do as they age.

Stop posting stupid things.

You are clueless if you want to talk about Rush running. Nobody said he was a runner... and he has 4 career starts. No kidding he doesnt have a ton of rushes or 1st downs.

But if you think Dak is still a threat to run and defenses are worried about him running, you dont watch the games.