Sam Bradford still sitting at pick 32 would u take him?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
After Dallas wins the Super Bowl..:) And Sam hasn't been drafted would u take him? Even tho we dont have a need for a injured QB.. and we have needs in the Oline and WR.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Not if there is still a good LT or Dez Bryant still sitting there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;3041973 said:
After Dallas wins the Super Bowl..:) And Sam hasn't been drafted would u take him? Even tho we have no need a injured QB.. and we have needs in the Oline and WR.

Chances are no because I think there are other areas that need to be addressed. I like Sam but coming out of a spread offense and an injury to his throwing shoulder is more than I would be willing to take a risk on

coblue

Reaction score
No, best available OL /DL lineman - especially if there is an OL that Houck says he really wants.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wouldnt we have other needs, no point drafting a back up QB in the first round.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I would never say never, but I think a first round qb would cost too much on the cap. Provided there is a cap.(there will be at some point)

Reaction score
Jerry would almost certainly trade down if Bradford was there. Just like he did when Brady Quinn was available for Cleveland. But yes, I would take him if a trade down wasn't available. You can never have too many QB's. I think Bradford will be gone long before then, even with his wonky shoulder.

Jed_70

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3041979 said:
Chances are no because I think there are other areas that need to be addressed. I like Sam but coming out of a spread offense and an injury to his throwing shoulder is more than I would be willing to take a risk on

Medical science and sports rehab have come a long way. I wouldn't worry about the shoulder.

Also, just last week they were talking about how the Dolphins passed on Drew Brees during the 2006 offseason because he was coming off shoulder problems.

I think they'd like to have that decision back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jed_70;3041998 said:
Medical science and sports rehab have come a long way. I wouldn't worry about the shoulder.

Also, just last week they were talking about how the Dolphins passed on Drew Brees during the 2006 offseason because he was coming off shoulder problems.

I think they'd like to have that decision back.

Why teams will be concerned about it, I have no doubt they will go over him with a fine tooth comb and how 1 person responds to an injury and or the exact extent of the injury, the success of the procedure goes a long way in each individual case. Coming out of a spread offense is yet another concern. I hope the best for Sam but I have doubts about his game at the next level. I will also say I would not be crushed or upset if we did take him but frankly I think there are other needs that Dallas must focus on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Uhhh no. Not even a choice to be made there really. We have far more pressing needs than a backup QB, which is all he'd be for a good 5-6 years after we drafted him. Especially if, in this scenerio, we're coming off a Superbowl win.

He'd never unseat Tony, at that point, and we'd waste a first rounder on a backup QB. Thanks but no thanks.

LT, FS, OL and DL depth are far more pressing concerns.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, because I don't think he is going to be that good of an NFL QB. Looks like a career backup to me. I don't think this QB class is going to be very good.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Ummm, lets see??? The last QB coming out of OU, sporting big #'s, a Heisman and an injury, is playing for what NFL team again? Oh, never mind.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3042117 said:
Ummm, lets see??? The last QB coming out of OU, sporting big #'s, a Heisman and an injury, is playing for what NFL team again? Oh, never mind.

Aikman came out of OU initially, had big #s, no Heisman and injuries while at OU. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'd try to trade for picks. But if no trade was available, I'd consider it. Especially given that you don't need him to play immediately so you can make sure his arm is fully recovered.